Rock Werchter 2018

Red Day

6 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

How reliable are Festileaks normally? I've never looked on there before. 

I'd buy a ticket for Stones alone.

Hit and miss. They really dropped a bollock a few years ago announcing Blur for Pukkelpop in error. The guy who the rumour has come from has form, predicting GnR for RW Classic last year.

10 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Hit and miss. They really dropped a bollock a few years ago announcing Blur for Pukkelpop in error. The guy who the rumour has come from has form, predicting GnR for RW Classic last year.

Good to know! I know they're supposedly planning UK dates because of a lack of venues on the No Filter tour but avoiding an expensive trip to Wembley/Hyde Park would be a welcome surprise.

Hopefully we'll start getting some names from Friday, I'm considering myself going so would be nice to get the headliners to confirm it!

2 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Festileaks reporting that the Stones are a big rumour for RW

They reported a rumour about the Stones at Werchter, not Rock Werchter. It will probably be at the TW Classic like in 2014 and like some belgian newspapers and magazines reported. Or a stand alone show like Ed Sheeran.

Im very curious to see what are the moves of RW this year. The festival is known to attract BIG names but for now, most of whats being announced for other festivals are arguably not out and out RW headliners: Bjork, The National, QOTSA, The xx, Nick Cave, 30STM, Gorillaz, LCD Soundsystem etc. Now I know its early and no headliner was announced yet (maybe tomorrow?) but most of the above fit the way RW booked its headliners last year: Not played for a  long time @Werchter (sans KoL...)  or at all. I dont see a combination of two out of this list who can sell a day except maybe The xx and QOTSA. Am I underestimating?

5 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Im very curious to see what are the moves of RW this year. The festival is known to attract BIG names but for now, most of whats being announced for other festivals are arguably not out and out RW headliners: Bjork, The National, QOTSA, The xx, Nick Cave, 30STM, Gorillaz, LCD Soundsystem etc. Now I know its early and no headliner was announced yet (maybe tomorrow?) but most of the above fit the way RW booked its headliners last year: Not played for a  long time @Werchter (sans KoL...)  or at all. I dont see a combination of two out of this list who can sell a day except maybe The xx and QOTSA. Am I underestimating?

Yeah a lot of them do see co-headline material rather than out and out headliners. I think it may just be a case of other bands waiting to announce a few dates together, if Pearl Jam are touring Europe as rumoured then it looks like they're doing that. The other one would be Arctics, I wouldn't expect them to announce any festival dates without some album news and it doesn't look like that's coming until the New Year at the moment, so maybe they're due for the R+L/Beni etc. announcements in Jan/Feb, so if we still have one to come by then as someone mentioned is usually the case that hopefully puts them in the front running.

Difficult to predict until we get a couple of names because it seems like they aren't very consistent when it comes to the amount of headliners/coheadline days.  

9 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

You're pretty right, and RW always have at least two huge headliners. That's why I believe that headliners will be something like Pearl Jam, Guns'N'Roses (and the Stones for TW Classic), then two combinations of maybe 3 (and not two) big acts to sell out, like Bjork-QOTSA-big electro act like LCD Soundsystem, and The Killers-Gorillaz 

15 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

If yet let 4 out of these co-headline two days (Gorillaz/QOTSA and The National/XX?) and add two out of, let's say, Metallica/Arctic Monkeys/Pearl Jam as 'big' headliners to the other two days, it seems like a potentially sold out edition, no?

6 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

If yet let 4 out of these co-headline two days (Gorillaz/QOTSA and The National/XX?) and add two out of, let's say, Metallica/Arctic Monkeys/Pearl Jam as 'big' headliners to the other two days, it seems like a potentially sold out edition, no?

I dont think those two co-headline structures can sell their days. I think Green Day with The National as sub didn't sell their day in 2013 (or sold it only few days before the festival).  I think they are smaller than recent editions co-headliners such as Linking Park/SOAD, KoL/Arcade Fire, KoL/Blur, Editors/RHCP, Editors/Depeche Mode. 

8 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

U2 have a European tour coming with seemingly no Belgian date, wonder if they could end up doing TW Classic and add some weight to the Stones at RW rumours? (Or even vice versa). 

IMG_1419.PNG

U2 visited Belgium with an indoor-gig in 2015 (sportpaleis) and outdoor-concert (brussel) augustus 2017. They're too expensive for RW, but Classic could be an option. Think they'll problably skip Belgium this time around. 

1 hour ago, micvet said:

The concert of QOTSA on the 16th of November at Sportpaleis Antwerp isn't sold out at all.
Don't think it is the safest bet for Today. If booked, announcement on Friday 17th imo.
Today we have some animals I think :) 

Anything can happen of course but I don't think we'll have any name today.

In general, they change their profile picture and cover with the new design a few days before the first announcement. Nothing happened yet.