Jump to content

Rock Werchter 2018


Red Day
 Share

Recommended Posts

Metallica is touring Europe from October until May (yeah, I know it's actually a 2-week mini tours) so I can't imagine them staying in Europe June/July. Rather they'll go back to the US and do EU festival tour in 2019.

 

My guess are Muse/Editors/Pearl Jam/The Killers/QOTSA/The National - that's the easiest pick for next year

Edited by heti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My guess is:

Gorillaz / QOTSA
Arctic Monkeys
Pearl Jam
Muse 

Subs: NIN, The Killers, The National, Nick Cave

I would put Metallica in there but if they're touring Europe all winter it's unlikely they'll be in Europe during the summer. But I still find it strange that after releasing a new reckord they don't do European festivals for two summers straight.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

As I've seen from a few people in the Primavera topic making one, I thought I'd make a poster myself but for Rock Werchter. I've tried to keep it realistic and balanced meaning enough pop, alt and rock ats with here and there some hiphop like this year. For Sunday, I had first Editors and Arctic Monkeys as biggest acts but I thought why not switch things a bit up and add Kendrick into this (bc of the rumours around Primavera) followed by Frank Ocean as a sub/co-headline.

20561758_1470407479705996_739831742_n.jp

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I can't go to RW next year because of studies, but I hope that good headliners will be shared with NOS Alive, especially Pearl Jam. I'd like to see The Who as well. For smaller bands, I really hope that My Morning Jacket, Arkells, Reignwolf, The Cat Empire, Airbourne, Crystal Fighters (again), JET, Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls and The Smith Street Band will be around next year (lot of Aussies) ! And Kaleo after the last cancellation... They have amazing new rock'n'roll songs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2017 at 1:43 AM, dajoe37 said:

My predictions :

QOTSA-NIN

The Killers - Fall Out Boys

Arctic Monkeys

Gorillaz

I think this is a pretty solid prediction tbf. Would love to see Royal Republic, Marmozets, Nothing But Thieves (again), The Amazons, Gogol, The Hives, Wolf Alice, Blossoms, Frank Turner featuring on the undercard. Would like a dance "party act" after one of the headliners in 2018 as well. I missed that this year!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, McCallion said:

The Prodigy / Lenny Kravitz was the weirdest / most amazing pairing of headliner / party act I've ever seen at a festival. Would love to see The Progigy again

This one was easily one of my 5 best festival nights as well ! Damien Rice gave an incredible performance (the word is weak) between these two acts, my favourite act of the edition. No act in 2016-2017 equaled this one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Tremousse said:

This one was easily one of my 5 best festival nights as well ! Damien Rice gave an incredible performance (the word is weak) between these two acts, my favourite act of the edition. No act in 2016-2017 equaled this one.

I agree. I didnt watch Lenny because I wanted to make sure I get a good spot for Damien Rice (had tough time getting in for Alt-j and Elbow in the new Barn tent the days before) and he was easily the best show Ive seen on that edition. Barely could grab myself to see Prodigy afterwards as it was so emotional and amazing performance. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Im sure they will this time, after 4 years of absence. Question is, will they come to RW? I sure hope so!

As long as they don't announce European dates I'm not considering them an option for RW. It was more or less confirmed that they cancelled their last European tours (2016 and 2017) because of the terrorism threat. Can't imagine why they wouldn't suddenly change their mind, especially after the Manchester attacks saw a major music event being targeted. 

In other news: Les Ardentes decided to not change their dates despite RW moving into the same weekend. With Les Ardentes being the biggest urban/hiphop festival in the Benelux, this will surely have an impact on the importance of hiphop/r&b at RW. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Saw the Pearl Jam Lollapalooza announcement earlier, hopefully that makes them more likely, more original guess earlier in the thread was Pearl Jam - QOTSA - Arctic Monkeys - The Killers  and everyone else seems to think 2/3 are likely.

I think bar a massive surprise/disappointment we'll be coming back in 2018, one of the best festivals I've been to, I've seen Radiohead were announced this time next month in 2016 and then a headliner a week until we had that poster of nine, does the festival normally follow this sort of format with announcements? I'm assuming tickets will go on sale when we get the first headliner, think I'll buy a ticket after 2 or 3 have been announced depending who they are.

Gorillaz didn't do any European festivals except their own this year so hopefully they'll be about, Belgians seem to love Editors as much as I do :lol: so I'm hoping they're there, what do we think the chances of LCD Soundsystem would be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I think bar a massive surprise/disappointment we'll be coming back in 2018, one of the best festivals I've been to, I've seen Radiohead were announced this time next month in 2016 and then a headliner a week until we had that poster of nine, does the festival normally follow this sort of format with announcements? I'm assuming tickets will go on sale when we get the first headliner, think I'll buy a ticket after 2 or 3 have been announced depending who they are.

Tickets usually go on sale the first weekend after a name has been announced for each festival day. So they tend to minimize the time between the first announcements. The first 4-5 big names should be known within a month after the very first headliner announcement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dietediet said:

Tickets usually go on sale the first weekend after a name has been announced for each festival day. So they tend to minimize the time between the first announcements. The first 4-5 big names should be known within a month after the very first headliner announcement.

Ahh ok, thanks! In which case I'll probably be ready to buy a ticket once they go on sale, if they follow last years pattern that should mean it's around mid November. Hopefully there's a few more acts to see in The Barn next year, that's got to be one of the nicest stages I've ever been to at a festival!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

Ahh ok, thanks! In which case I'll probably be ready to buy a ticket once they go on sale, if they follow last years pattern that should mean it's around mid November. Hopefully there's a few more acts to see in The Barn next year, that's got to be one of the nicest stages I've ever been to at a festival!

Yeah, I checked earlier and last year we got Radiohead on October 28th as the first headliner. Then like you say, a top tier mainstage act weekly until Christmas. Mad to think announcements are coming around so soon! Who do you think act no. 1 to confirm will be? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...