Queens of the Stone Age

JSmurphy

6 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ahh, just saying in the Lawks! thread. QOTSA are so ace live when I've seen them. Anyone who goes to this over Fatboy Slim or Elton is gonna have a fuckin' blast.

Just a shame that Sunday night is such a clash-fest.

Fatboy?

I have seen QOTSA a few times. In my home town with Mark Lanegan (on Halloween!) and at festivals, including The Other Stage at Glastonbury 2002 when Dave Grohl drummed for them.

I have never seen Elton.

It's quite the clash... But I will be watching Elton. I truly believe he will be a headline set for the ages. That being said, Queen's will be great too. Really like how they have announced themselves. 

2 minutes ago, Missrenegade said:

I was really hoping they’d play the Friday as I have no idea who to watch as not a fan of AM. Torn, as want to see Elton as it will be a Glastonbury moment, but I do love QOTSA and they’re so good live! Husband will deffo go and see them but my friend wants to watch Elton too 🤔

I know, I was also hoping it would be another day, or subbing GnR would've been ideal, but doubt they'd of taken that.

I know EJ will be a G-moment, but so would QOTSA in their own way. Which do you prefer musically? Just don't make any decision because of loyalty to anyone! 😅

EJ will never perform at any festival in the UK again... QOTSA will prob be back on the circuit, if not next year, but the year after... 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

14 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I know, I was also hoping it would be another day, or subbing GnR would've been ideal, but doubt they'd of taken that.

I know EJ will be a G-moment, but so would QOTSA in their own way. Which do you prefer musically? Just don't make any decision because of loyalty to anyone! 😅

EJ will never perform at any festival in the UK again... QOTSA will prob be back on the circuit, if not next year, but the year after... 

musically it’s QOTSA any day, but that said I have seen them a few times, and like you say EJ will be his last UK festival. It might be a see how I feel on the day thing to be honest!! Just wish it was another day!

32 minutes ago, Missrenegade said:

musically it’s QOTSA any day, but that said I have seen them a few times, and like you say EJ will be his last UK festival. It might be a see how I feel on the day thing to be honest!! Just wish it was another day!

Completely understandable. I've skipped multiple acts on the day because in the moment, I've realised I just simply don't care about missing them. Gut feelings are often right! 

• Like 1

Am I the only one that couldn't give a flying sh*t about Elton? Queens are my favourite band so I'd be unlikely to ever miss them, but even if they weren't on the Sunday I wouldn't be at Elton. Am looking forward to a nice quiet Other stage though by the looks of things. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Littlechef87 said:

Am I the only one that couldn't give a flying sh*t about Elton? Queens are my favourite band so I'd be unlikely to ever miss them, but even if they weren't on the Sunday I wouldn't be at Elton. Am looking forward to a nice quiet Other stage though by the looks of things. 

I'm with you. Nothing against Elton, but definitely not for me.

I'm torn on this one. Not a huge Elton fan but he does have a catalogue of bangers. For me it's one of those 'probably only opportunity to see Elton, and it's on the pyramid, so it's a must see' but on the other hand I much prefer QOTSA musically. I guess it'll be a case of deciding on the day. I had the same thing last year and went to Roisin Murphy instead of McCartney and don't regret it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Neil said:

i can't keep up, have these been uncancelled now.....?

Josh won custody of the kids and they all have a restraining order. Obviously it's impossible to know what actually went down but, the result in itself says a lot. 

Edited by Xeph1995

22 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I'm torn on this one. Not a huge Elton fan but he does have a catalogue of bangers. For me it's one of those 'probably only opportunity to see Elton, and it's on the pyramid, so it's a must see' but on the other hand I much prefer QOTSA musically. I guess it'll be a case of deciding on the day. I had the same thing last year and went to Roisin Murphy instead of McCartney and don't regret it.

Exactly this. 

Although also 1) my mates all want to see Elton and 2) I'm seeing them at another festival two weeks later. 

But what if the Glastonbury set is the big one??? 

27 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Southampton Guildhall 2003? I was there 🤘One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

Yes! So good wasn't it. Definitely up there with my best gigs too. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

"It's on the pyramid so it's a must see" is a weird logic. Pyramid is such a rigmarole - navigating crowds, bar, toilets, finding mates, being miles from the stage, the amount of time it takes to get out after a headliner (which always ends up killing any party vibe) - I avoid it as much as possible, not choose to see artists BECAUSE they're there. 

With you on Roisin Murphy - only went last year because I didn't much fancy any of the headliners, but ended up being an unexpected highlight of the festival (see also Pet Shop Boys)

12 minutes ago, Littlechef87 said:

"It's on the pyramid so it's a must see" is a weird logic. Pyramid is such a rigmarole - navigating crowds, bar, toilets, finding mates, being miles from the stage.

Every time I've seen a Pyramid headliner I've been very close to the front with little issue, as long as you arrive in decent time the crowd is never usually that dense, I had the perfect spot for The Cure, right in the middle and far enough back I could see the the everything clearly without having to turn my head.

I do feel like if people have a problem they are probably arriving like 5/10 mins before the band comes on. 

Edited by Xeph1995