Football 17/18

TheGayTent

17 hours ago, mjsell said:

Good turn out for arsenal again. What with mothers day being used on here as an excuse a few weeks back you cant expect much more as it is Easter - universally recognised as a day to give the football a miss... 

As I said at the time I said it here, it was a suggestion from a TV commentator.

And as I also said, it's likely to be some, because Arsenal fans love their mums just like fans of other clubs do. 

Carry on. 

but perhaps with less bullshit? :)

PS: if this were happening at Utd, they'd be talk of glory-hunting plastic fans. None of them at Arsenal? :P

Edited by eFestivals

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

As I said at the time I said it here, it was a suggestion from a TV commentator.

And as I also said, it's likely to be some, because Arsenal fans love their mums just like fans of other clubs do. 

Carry on. 

but perhaps with less bullshit? :)

PS: if this were happening at Utd, they'd be talk of glory-hunting plastic fans. None of them at Arsenal? :P

It doesn't happen at Utd though. And it didn't impact the fans at Stamford Bridge who are hardly having an amazing season, also on Easter Sunday. 

The Arsenal board may tolerate Wengers results and the decline of the squad but they won't tolerate losing revenue like that. 30 thousand empty seats. :wacko:

10 hours ago, mjsell said:

All but relegation decided now then. Disappointing season

Pardiola has just been sacked/quit.

giphy.gif

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Also how funny is it that Hughes is going to have relegated 2 clubs this season. 

Hopefully though I fear for Huddersfield. It would be nice if all the promoted clubs stay up. It hasn't happened since 1998 I think.

Bloody hell, Baggies. Will be a complete overhaul of the entire club in the summer then. Lots of players will be leaving too - Rondon, Evans, Livermore... Can't imagine it being easy to get out of the Championship unless they get the right people in!

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

30,000 *PAID FOR* seats!!! I don't reckon they'll be too upset with that.

(yesterday's announced attendance was 59.371 - and that's the number of sold seats).

Don’t know about other clubs but Utd do something pretty similar, especially cup games. Season ticket holders automatically have to buy Home cut matches, wether they can go or not. 

5 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Think it's about time some of the so called "experts" started apologising to Newcastle fans for what was said during the time we wanted rid of Pardew. 

He's consistently failed and regularly embarrasses himself, Carver too!

I would of thought Pardew is the right level for West Brom and Newcastle. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Who would Salah replace Sterling? Perhaps the left back position would be the only other position in question. 

Salah instead of Sterling. I love Raheem, he has had a magnificent season  but Salah has been from a different planet.

Mendy is the best left back, unfortunately he has been injured, so yes lb is up in the air.