Primavera 2018

Runnerups

9 hours ago, brayshizzle said:

The amount of names being eliminated due to other fests is making Primavera into again...probably one of the most interesting festival line ups of the year

At this point its looking like musicians who havent tourned for a long time

I see a return for Doves next year

The amount of names being eliminated due to other fests is making Primavera into again...probably one of the most interesting festival line ups of the year

I don't see it like that. Yes, there is more competition within Spain but there are more bands touring than ever before so still lots to choose from who are on the circuit.

I don't think it will be that different to other festivals in terms of headliners. What will distinguish it is the diversity and the lack of 'filler' acts - essentially the strength of the undercard as always.

59 minutes ago, Createur said:

He is not exclusive to BKK. Gabi likes the festival and its management.

As opposed to Noel Gallagher and The xx, which means he will play another Spanish date in 2018 (just like Gorillaz are rumored to play Sonar).

In 2015 Primavera and BBK shared alt-J, in 2016 it was Tame Impala.

Lorde is rumored to play Israel on June 4th, which is the Monday right after Primavera. Plenty of acts tend to book mid-week concerts between festivals, because they can only go to Israel (and back to Europe) on a plane. If there's some truth to that rumor, it means she's touring in Europe during both PS and NOS PS.

7 hours ago, Orens said:

Lorde is rumored to play Israel on June 4th, which is the Monday right after Primavera. Plenty of acts tend to book mid-week concerts between festivals, because they can only go to Israel (and back to Europe) on a plane. If there's some truth to that rumor, it means she's touring in Europe during both PS and NOS PS.

She's already playing in London on the 26th May so I'd say she was already pretty likely anyway.

https://a.cstmapp.com/p/22738

Would you like to be the first to see the Primavera Sound 2018 line up?

If you have you always wanted to be the first to see the Primavera Sound line up, in 2018 we are going to make your wish come true.

Send us a video of less than 30 seconds explaining why you should be the first to see the line up.

This year 10 fans will meet in Barcelona on 16th December to discover our best kept secret.

* If you are travelling from outside Barcelona the prize includes travel and accommodation expenses.

6 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

She's already playing in London on the 26th May so I'd say she was already pretty likely anyway.

Yes, but it ties her up to Europe on the PS weekend, meaning she won't play a one-off in the UK. 

Meanwhile, alt-J + Warpaint are confirmed to play Israel in May 28th.

alt-J will play Bilbao BBK but aren't exclusive to it. I really hope they won't play Primavera, but I don't mind Warpaint (which will also play the APE lineup along with The National and The War on Drugs). 

5 hours ago, Hip Priest said:

https://a.cstmapp.com/p/22738

Would you like to be the first to see the Primavera Sound 2018 line up?

If you have you always wanted to be the first to see the Primavera Sound line up, in 2018 we are going to make your wish come true.

Send us a video of less than 30 seconds explaining why you should be the first to see the line up.

This year 10 fans will meet in Barcelona on 16th December to discover our best kept secret.

* If you are travelling from outside Barcelona the prize includes travel and accommodation expenses.

So we have a date for the lineup. Cool

Earlier than expected, they said mid January

10 minutes ago, chemica said:

I don't really understand this as a marketing tool. So are the leaks going to come straight after the 'award winners' find out, I assume. 

It will probably be announced right after they'll see it.

Like you say, they can't keep it from leaking

Edited by JedTheHumanoid