Primavera 2018

Runnerups

9 hours ago, gbatchelli said:

Plaça Catalunya is not close to Primavera’s location. It depends on your day’s planning if having lunch at Plaça Catalunya it’s worth it or not. Only on Sunday Primavera takes place in Barcelona downtown so that day eating at Plaça Catalunya would be a good option. I recommend you El Raval neighborhood which is actually the area where Primavera will take place on Sunday. It has a lot of tapas bars.

i was thinking about something for Thursday night (I'm only going to Spiritualized gig, taking it easy on the first day). Thanks for your recommendation, it's actually very close to where I'm staying!

Hi everyone,

I've been reading this forum for a while now, this will be my first Primavera and after all these months I can't wait to be finally there tomorrow :)
I have a question for those who have already been to the Apolo venue: I'm planning on watching some concerts at the festival site tomorrow, including Belle and Sebastian, however I would also like to see Kedr Livanskiy at the Apolo, do you guys think this is doable? I know it takes around 45 minutes to get from the festival site to the Apolo venue, but I heard that it is a small place and there are usually long queues so it's better to get there early... Unfortunately, even in the best case scenario I could arrive there only 15-20 minutes before the show, do you think I would be able to get in or it's not realistic?

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, there is a place actually. Can Paixano is like the unofficial meet up. It's much closer to Barceloneta so a longish walk from Pl.C. Great atmosphere.

Also pretty hard to get into - anytime I have tried there has been a queue.  For good tunes or find folk likely to be going to Pimavera, my shouts would be Bar Nevermind or Bar Marsella. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duckula said:

The entirety of Belle and Sebastian were on my flight just now

I was sandwiched between Daft Punk and My Bloody Valentine on Ryanair.  Kevin Shields had to help one of the French guys open up his helmet so that he could enjoy some cheesy wotsits he'd brought with him. They'd all scrimped on speedy boarding, the tight bastards.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

51 minutes ago, Cnv16_bcn said:

Members of the national crew are already in Barcelona. Could this mean unexpected?

I saw someone on one of the Spanish forums mention an idea of them playing Boxer in full on the unexpected stage on Thursday around the same time Ride are on the following day, something like that would be fantastic.

21 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, there is a place actually. Can Paixano is like the unofficial meet up. It's much closer to Barceloneta so a longish walk from Pl.C. Great atmosphere.

We've been there this eve, very crowded but great food, atmosphere 

Arrived in Barcelona for the first time on Monday and it is a truly beautiful city. Cannot wait to get things going with Spirtualized into Belle & Sebastian tonight. 

If anyone is arriving later and needs me to grab an extra ticket to Spirtualized let me know. 

I was planning on making it an early night, but having saw Mount Kimbie this past Sunday I can say they’re worth staying up for if you can. 

22 minutes ago, ThisIsHappening said:

Do we have an idea when on the schedule any unannounced artist likely will be? Vampire Weekend would win out against most any act. 

On the Hidden Stage when no band is playing the Primavera stage is the most obvious option. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I saw someone on one of the Spanish forums mention an idea of them playing Boxer in full on the unexpected stage on Thursday around the same time Ride are on the following day, something like that would be fantastic.

Would that get announced at some point were it to happen? Not much interest myself but I have several mates with me who would cream themselves if that was to happen

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Would that get announced at some point were it to happen? Not much interest myself but I have several mates with me who would cream themselves if that was to happen

Last year all the Unexpecteds were announced the same morning with the exception of Arcade Fire Secret Set which was announced c.30 minutes before.  All on the app.

14 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Can someone point me to the Spanish forum? I know I kind of should know but I've never been so into speculations until well...now. Ta!

1 hour ago, Cnv16_bcn said:

Can someone point me to the Spanish forum? I know I kind of should know but I've never been so into speculations until well...now. Ta!

The two main ones I know of are azkena rock and exiliados. There’s an official forum too on the website but I don’t think it gets used as often.