Jump to content
rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I would say the chance of it being both of them is zero, especially with Kylie taking the legend slot which is the only place I could see the Spice Girls

If the Spice Girls play (which I can't see happening at all) they headline.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having someone like the Spice Girls would be an ironic fun gesture - mid afternoon slot. No chance would they waste a headline slot on it. And crucially, the new dates are all about the money. Debts to pay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

I had heard from someone who knows the family that its fleetwood mac and spice girls, at the time I thought thats bollocks, but perhaps looking more likely now that others have been ruled out.

 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

If the Spice Girls play (which I can't see happening at all) they headline.

I heard a few whispers of Spice Girls a while ago but never took it seriously because, well just because. Agreed though if they do play it's to headline, but could only remotely consider that as a viable option if it included Posh. If the Pyramid is gonna continue to push other headline genres including rap etc. then I guess this doesn't get ruled out (bar any other reasons that do so like clashing tour dates etc.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Having someone like the Spice Girls would be an ironic fun gesture - mid afternoon slot. No chance would they waste a headline slot on it. And crucially, the new dates are all about the money. Debts to pay.

Emily - "Hi girls, I know you've sold out ten stadium gigs this summer and your set would easily be the biggest this weekend in terms of crowd and press interest but would you mind playing 14.40 on Saturday afternoon for an hour?"

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spice girls really has this board gone completely mad ..it just feels like wild stabs in the dark since the macca dream died . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily - "Hi girls, I know you've sold out ten stadium gigs this summer and your set would easily be the biggest this weekend in terms of crowd and press interest but would you mind playing 14.40 on Saturday afternoon for an hour?"

Have they got enough songs to play for more than an hour before resorting to covers though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crocodiles said:

Spice girls really has this board gone completely mad ..it just feels like wild stabs in the dark since the macca dream died . 

Oh that's a genuine possibility :crazypilot:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

Makes sense to me as G usually tries to have a headliner that is not your normal festival headliner, just depends on the £

Surely they have that already in Stormzy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Have they got enough songs to play for more than an hour before resorting to covers though?

Probably, I assume the stadium shows are lasting longer than an hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily - "Hi girls, I know you've sold out ten stadium gigs this summer and your set would easily be the biggest this weekend in terms of crowd and press interest but would you mind playing 14.40 on Saturday afternoon for an hour?"

My point exactly. One Direction never played either did they? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

My point exactly. One Direction never played either did they? :D

True, true but 1D haven't had a comeback yet have they? A Spice Girls Saturday headline slot being broadcast on the BBC and the subsequent exposure that brings could potentially see some further £££ coming in, they might see it as a good investment.

Of course, it's never gonna actually happen though. Or is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, suzie sue said:

I had heard from someone who knows the family that its fleetwood mac and spice girls, at the time I thought thats bollocks, but perhaps looking more likely now that others have been ruled out.

goodness me... Spice Girls and Kylie, imagine it. Westlife are in the UK in June. Get them in so 2019 can go full-Smash Hits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Emily - "Hi girls, I know you've sold out ten stadium gigs this summer and your set would easily be the biggest this weekend in terms of crowd and press interest but would you mind playing 14.40 on Saturday afternoon for an hour?"

Haha. "Playing".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've sat here for weeks and watched constant Gaga shouts based on absolutely nothing because people want her to play, and that's fine. I've convinced myself many times that someone I really want to do it will do it. 95% of times it ends in tears but it's fun while it lasts

I can't accept for one minute that The Spice Girls are going to headline Glastonbury though, especially a member down. We're reaching new heights as we approach 700. We need an early to mid February announcement, even if it's just The Cure.

Edited by mufcok
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I've sat here for weeks and watched constant Gaga shouts based on absolutely nothing because people want her to play, and that's fine. I've convinced myself many times that someone I really want to do it will do it. 95% of times it ends in tears but it's fun while it lasts

I can't accept for one minute that The Spice Girls are going to headline Glastonbury though, especially a member down. We're reaching new heights as we approach 700. We need an early to mid February announcement, even if it's just The Cure.

This actually tickled me. Although I do wholly sympathise with the desperation I detect in your tone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

This actually tickled me. Although I do wholly sympathise with the desperation I detect in your tone.

Haha I do like The Cure and intend to watch them. Just meant that we're all expecting it so there'll be no shock value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone checked the webcam to make sure Michael isn't writing anything in the snow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Haha I do like The Cure and intend to watch them. Just meant that we're all expecting it so there'll be no shock value

Oh well that changes everything. Sympathy withdrawn :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone checked the webcam to make sure Michael isn't writing anything in the snow?

I thought I saw Spic in yellow on the pyramid field, maybe he's gone for a drink before finishing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Has anyone checked the webcam to make sure Michael isn't writing anything in the snow?

This would most certainly turn a Friday into a Friyay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...