rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

Fabulously left wing and with a short enough career that he probably shouldn’t be doing it yet, Stormzy being booked to headline would piss off the gammon brigade even more than Kanye did. I love it.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, ivan said:

Not sure how well most of the new Arctics album would go down on The Pyramid or how the viewers at home watching on telly would understand it ? 

It didn’t seem to go down that well at their gig in Manchester on Friday....the crowded steamed out to the toilets and bars when a new song was played.

In fairness, the new tracked sounded pretty good live

Edited by SloopJohnB

7 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Reckon Elton John is a stick on.

Never aff the iplayer these days. Where do I get a bet....

He's in Switzerland for the Sat and Sun and isn't doing 3 nights in a row all tour. Reckon he's likely for 2020.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He's in Switzerland for the Sat and Sun and isn't doing 3 nights in a row all tour. Reckon he's likely for 2020.

Ah ok, cheers :-)

Hold that bet. 2020 it is then. 

15 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Fabulously left wing and with a short enough career that he probably shouldn’t be doing it yet, Stormzy being booked to headline would piss off the gammon brigade even more than Kanye did. I love it.

I don't think actual "gammons" care about who headlines Glastonbury because it is probably just a farm full of tossers to them, but if you mean the general whingeing public reaction then Kanye is just about the most controversial rapper and Stormzy is more or less the least, so I'd strongly disagree on that one.

I completely don't reckon it should matter in deciding whether he is up to it or not but I just can't stop thinking how poorly a Stormzy headline performance would age. Like, the scene he came up in has gone back underground again already and all other UK rappers-gone-pop who have made it onto the Pyramid are a bit grim to think about now (even Dizzee and he released a classic), and I'm even wondering if he'll avoid the next album flopping, never mind #3. But again, I think Glastonbury history should be more abundant with acts who were briefly massive and then bottomed out so I'm wid it.

Edited by dentalplan

8 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Ah ok, cheers :-)

Hold that bet. 2020 it is then. 

Hasn't his "final" tour finished by then? The good ship Eltonbury may have sailed and I am sad. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:24 PM, henry bear said:

There’s a number of examples. I can’t imagine them turning down a big act because their last album was ‘experimental’ and/or shite, 

They surely don’t. The last 20 years worth of headliners would have looked a lot different if they did, especially the ‘shite’ bit.

53 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Hasn't his "final" tour finished by then? The good ship Eltonbury may have sailed and I am sad. 

His tour will go well into 2020. He’s already said as much.

Wouldn’t bet against his last U.K. gigs being Glasto followed by a huge outdoor show ie BST.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

His tour will go well into 2020. He’s already said as much.

Wouldn’t bet against his last U.K. gigs being Glasto followed by a huge outdoor show ie BST.

Well now I am less sad. All aboard!

4 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Mumford and Sons are about to do a 2 year world tour (friend of a friend is employed on the tour) so here’s hoping they don’t have Somerset as a destination.

Christ, imagine being stuck on a bus with them for two years.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

And then you decide to take your own transport just to avoid them, calling Marcus up with the excuse "I'm running late, just go on without me", only to hear back "I will wait, I will wait for you" over and over again.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 12

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And then you decide to take your own transport just to avoid them, calling Marcus up with the excuse "I'm running late, just go on without me", only to hear back "I will wait, I will wait for you" over and over again.

Outstanding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Maybe Jordan Peterson will tag along for the ride to break things up a little

On 9/9/2018 at 6:51 AM, kalifire said:

Is there any intel that puts Stormzy in a headliner position? We’re only guessing at a headliner slot because he subbed Other last year, aren’t we?

Might he actually sub for Kendrick on the Pyramid in 2019? I’d imagine (totally guess) he’d be happy enough with that.

Is Stormzy not a bigger deal over here than Kendrick?

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Massive-ass 1975 tour just announced. We’ll see how ticket sales go obviously but no reason in my mind they couldn’t headline. Four albums is plenty.

Info in the R&L section from some The 1975 superman saying that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he asked one of them). Probs just headline R&L.

Edit: Superman. Nice.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Info in the R&L section from some The 1975 superman saying that they aren't doing Glasto next year (he asked one of them). Probs just headline R&L.

Find it hard to believe they aren’t playing at all unless they’re lined up to headline 2020 but okay, interesting. Thanks for the update.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You do know the edit function can be used for correcting errors as well as acknowledging them? 😜

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Find it hard to believe they aren’t playing at all unless they’re lined up to headline 2020 but okay, interesting. Thanks for the update.

Lot of us in the R&L section were speculating that they'd only be allowed to co-headline R&L if they subbed Glasto (like Foals did in 2016), so it could be that not playing Glasto was the only way to be given outright headliner.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

You do know the edit function can be used for correcting errors as well as acknowledging them? 😜

I do but when they're funny like Asians Grande and The 1975 superman I like to leave em in there.