2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Catching up. So if Pink headlines RW, that means someone on another forum who predicted that correctly could also be right in predicting King Kendrick for Glasto, amirite? 

He’s predicting him for RW which put him firmly in the frame for Glastonbury as they have moved the festival for an act. 

Which is is what they did before for someone playing both festivals I think.

17 minutes ago, Divein said:

He’s predicting him for RW which put him firmly in the frame for Glastonbury as they have moved the festival for an act.

Hmm. Well they’ve got Mumford & Sons headlining on Saturday which would put Kendrick in play on either Friday or Sunday. 

It’s hard to imagine Macca playing anything but the Sunday, which would place Kendrick on Friday for Glasto. 

So we’d be looking at:

Kendrick Lamar / The Cure / Paul McCartney

That would be a strong line up (although I’d be elsewhere on Saturday night). 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Hmm. Well they’ve got Mumford & Sons headlining on Saturday which would put Kendrick in play on either Friday or Sunday. 

It’s hard to imagine Macca playing anything but the Sunday, which would place Kendrick on Friday for Glasto. 

So we’d be looking at:

Saturday is a great night to find something else to do. 

I would be stoked if we ended up with this. 

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So why were Kung Fu's summer shows so bad?  Too short and he phoned them in?

I did feel a bit short changed with the set length, aye. It was Bellahouston I was at, folk I was there were saw him at the Hydro previously and he was much better in that setting.

I'm a big fan and on paper it's a great booking but I would be concerned about the Kung Fu King's ability to pull off a headline slot and all that's required to go with it.

8 hours ago, kevbizarre said:

So RW will be:

Fri - Cure / Sat - Mumford / Sun - Kendrick

Glastonbury:

Fri - Kendrick / Sat - Cure / Sun - Macca (I can’t see Macca doing Sat night)

Or Cure don’t play at all and Kendrick moves to Sat with 1975 on Friday? 

just putting it out there that The Cure, Pink, Mumford and Kendrick would look very weak. not very rock for werchter if you like

Edited by thewayiam

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

So we’d be looking at:

I'd be happy with that.

I'd be at the Pyramid on Sunday. Maybe Friday (probably not though). Saturday I'd definitely be elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

So we’d be looking at:

Haven't the foggiest about Kendrick, so frees Fri night up for me, apart from muse 2016 I seem to always look elsewhere on a Fri.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Another thing I’ve started thinking about Macca is that the Arroyo Seco weekend is probably due to be Glasto weekend, which is kind of an oldies’ fest in Pasadena run booked by the guy who books Coachella and one-time Desert Trip. It might not be Glastonbury weekend but I think there’s a strong likelihood of Macca there bc of the Phoenix date.

That actually makes a lot of sense looking at his dates and last years lineup. Probably more sense for him to have a couple of days off and play in California than fly over for Glastonbury.