2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Wouldn't APE involve them coming over to play then going back to America?

Yeah that's what I meant by it not fitting in with their schedule, but there have apparently been two people over the last few days who've reiterated that they're headlining it. Maybe they could still be going off outdated info. Who knows?

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Oh yeah, I remember now...

Looks more like wishful thinking to me. I probably paid no attention cos The 1975 are shite.

Looking through her tweets the other night I doubt it's wishful thinking. The only band I remember seeing that she's into is Leftfield, but there certainly wasn't much to suggest she'd be a big fan of The 1975.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I think there's quite often one Latitude headliner at Glastonbury but I'm not sure if there's ever been more than one. Let's hope for Lana rather than George Ezra but I wouldn't be surprised if none of them played.

Says on the eFests report that LDR is an exclusive, so I guess she's out of the running.

4 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah that's what I meant by it not fitting in with their schedule, but there have apparently been two people over the last few days who've reiterated that they're headlining it. Maybe they could still be going off outdated info. Who knows?

I suppose if the money's right they'd do it.

15 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Imagine thinking Noel Gallagher, George Ezra and Biffy Clyro is a better trio than anything, never mind one involving The Cure.

I don't think that all. I think 5 of the 6 acts are utter shite.

I can tell you watching The Cure is like watching paint dry. Have you ever seen them? 

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

On their website it just says it's her first UK headline performance after the release of her new album, so I guess there must be something in the press release saying she's an exclusive @eFestivals?

It's in the blurb on the Latitude site.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/first-announcement-latitude-2019

In a UK Festival Exclusive, we are excited to reveal that ultimate Californian dream-pop sad girl Lana Del Rey is our Sunday headliner. It will be her first headline show in the UK since the release of her No.1 album Lust For Life. 

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Henrik said:

I can tell you watching The Cure is like watching paint dry. Have you ever seen them? 

I've seen them. It was pretty great.

I've also seen Noel Gallagher, and for the first 50 minutes it was one of the most boring sets I've ever been at - until right at the end when he dropped a couple Oasis tracks and the crowd decided to pay attention for the first time.

4 minutes ago, Henrik said:

Yes I saw them at Leeds 2012 and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Also saw them at Wembley Arena in 2016 and they were great once again.

Edit: And yeah I've seen Noely G and Biffy too and neither were anywhere near as good as The Cure.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's in the blurb on the Latitude site.

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/first-announcement-latitude-2019

In a UK Festival Exclusive, we are excited to reveal that ultimate Californian dream-pop sad girl Lana Del Rey is our Sunday headliner. It will be her first headline show in the UK since the release of her No.1 album Lust For Life. 

Oh wow dunno how I missed that. Works for me, wasn't excited about seeing her again.

24 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Not to be rude but was this also the same user who had them rumoured for latitude?

Not rude, hands up the latitude one wasn't right. The person who told me about it really had no right knowing about Latitude, so maybe I should have had more foresight on that one, but that's the beauty of a rumours thread! 

Trnsmt I know for a fact

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I missed her last time (although the reviews weren't exactly kind) so wouldn't have minded seeing her, but I'm not exactly crushed by this news.

I was looking forward to her last time but it almost put me to sleep. In fairness I was laid at the back of the Pyramid field half asleep beforehand, so it may be unfair to blame that entirely on her.

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Not rude, hands up the latitude one wasn't right. The person who told me about it really had no right knowing about Latitude, so maybe I should have had more foresight on that one, but that's the beauty of a rumours thread! 

Trnsmt I know for a fact

That they aren't doing it? Care to elaborate a little further..