Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff rumour!

bombfrog

1 minute ago, bombfrog said:

Actual WTF? Where did this come from?

I mean, I'd be all over it, but is it even likely to happen?

Bit of an outdated rumour tbh and almost definitely isn't gonna happen as Jazzy Jeff is doing his own thing at a few shows this year and the two of them have yet to show any indication that shows/ a tour is coming.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, LifeBegins@What??? said:

Yeah i looked on the site and nowt mentioned about it. So had to rewind tv to add pic. Prob mtv made another fuck up as they normally getting things wrong on their channels

Oh I didn't realise it was something you'd got off the telly. Just assumed it was a 'leak' pic floating around that someone might have edited. They'll probably show up at that festival then, I should imagine. Just have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Jeff is about in June already but Will being here is the issue.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/will-smith-disney-genie-aladdin-live-action-remake-robin-williams-a7692236.html

Relevant line being -

"Directed by Guy Ritchie, the live-action musical is set for a six-month shoot starting in the UK in July and wrapping early next year,"

So he may be over here too.  I'd be surprised if it happens though.

Edited by merago

22 minutes ago, merago said:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/will-smith-disney-genie-aladdin-live-action-remake-robin-williams-a7692236.html

Relevant line being -

"Directed by Guy Ritchie, the live-action musical is set for a six-month shoot starting in the UK in July and wrapping early next year,"

So he may be over here too.  I'd be surprised if it happens though.

Almost tempted to go with this for Friday Pyramid and Stormzy back to being under BBK.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Has another show been announced other than the MTV one in August? Definitely not gonna get my hopes up for this, but holy shit what a late addition that'd be.

I'm not sure. I can't find any dates at all apart from the screenshot in this thread (I'm unable to look too much at the moment though). I think if the dates were public he'd probably include them in the post - it doesn't make sense to me to promote a date without mentioning it, or have a teaser like this if anything had officially been announced.

I am also having to keep my optimism in check this morning. :) 

IF this happens, would they get a Pyramid slot?

As much as I want them to play as I think they'd be brilliant, they're a little bit of a novelty.

Summertime would kill it, Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme would kill it, Boom Shake the Room... would probably be alright... What else have they got that people would know? They're no De La Soul.

That said Jazzy Jeff is good enough to hold down a 45 minute pyramid slot on his own (imo).

I'd be gutted if they were booked on Silver Hayes.