Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff rumour!

bombfrog

1 minute ago, Junglist1981 said:

IF this happens, would they get a Pyramid slot?

As much as I want them to play as I think they'd be brilliant, they're a little bit of a novelty.

Summertime would kill it, Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme would kill it, Boom Shake the Room... would probably be alright... What else have they got that people would know? They're no De La Soul.

That said Jazzy Jeff is good enough to hold down a 45 minute pyramid slot on his own (imo).

I'd be gutted if they were booked on Silver Hayes.

Yeah 100% a Pyramid act - they'd be one of the biggest draws of the weekend after the headliners (probably moreso than Radiohead really). To put them anywhere else would be insane.

9 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

As much as I want them to play as I think they'd be brilliant, they're a little bit of a novelty.

Summertime would kill it, Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme would kill it, Boom Shake the Room... would probably be alright... What else have they got that people would know? They're no De La Soul.

That said Jazzy Jeff is good enough to hold down a 45 minute pyramid slot on his own (imo).

I'd have though yes they would. I think it'd be dangerously busy anywhere else unless they get a headlinery slot. They would be a much better booking in the afternoon on the Pyramid so the masses can enjoy the novelty.

Struggling to see where they'd fit in given what we know/think about who's playing where, but hopefully we've just got something massively wrong and they'll fit in nicely. Pre-Katy Perry on the Saturday would do me just nicely, although with Craig David also on that day it may turn in to a bit too much of a cheese fest... and then The National.

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Easily! I'm going still got in hope of Stormzy under BBK Sunday and this Friday afternoon.

1 hour ago, Jamesyp42 said:

https://planetradio.co.uk/key/local/events/will-smith-play-livewire-festival-blackpool-summer/

Looks like they're "Exclusives"

"Finishing off the weekend, will see WILL SMITH and DJ JAZZY JEFF in their only UK performance this year on Sunday 27th August."

Their only exclusive until they are booked elsewhere.

Jazzy Jeff is on Twitter in the last half hour saying that it's a dream to play Glastonbury and when he can be there and the schedule allows he's there. He's already playing around Glastonbury and I don't think Will Smith will be in any denial of what a Pyramid slot could do for him, that's not to say he's forgotten like but it would just out hom right out there again.