Legends Slot

TunaBaby

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought leaving Lionel for Future Islands was going to be a difficult decision, but I ended up sandwiched in a dead spot where I couldn't hear anything. I got a better sound when I left the Pyramid field. 

He looked like he was having a good time, and the crowd looked like they were having a good time, but he could have been doing anything on that stage really.

So we don't reckon Chic could be in with a shout at the legends slot? Too soon after West Holts maybe?

There seems to be a lot of store put in to what Bazza had to say last summer. The DiRo thing hasn't panned out, either because it was never right or it just fell through, but that's par for the course for such pronouncements so far in advance. At the moment we're back to square one for the legends slot, and from what we know I'd say Chic are front runners.

Still all to play for though.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I was in the warmth of the John Peel having a little cry to Bat for Lashes playing 'Laura'. I regret nothing.

Every night last year I went to sleep with my earphones on listening to Laura. I regularly have a little cry that I never made it up to the JP to see her :(

as with Manilow last year initially, I just never thought the D-Ross stuff was true, especially without any other dates around it.

With Jeff Lynne, as average as an effect that he had on the day (and surely on the BBC) how spectacular is it that he decided right after that he was good enough to announce a Wembley Stadium show mere days after….how’s that show going with tix? are there 70,000 who want to go see him in a stadium?

Watching from home I enjoyed Jeff lynne enough, but the interview he did with the BBC ruined it. The magic of Dolly and Lionel for me was they embraced it; B Gizzard and the lazy wizard will also (he seems to have courted it like Lionel did). Shame about Diana Ross, but am happy with the legend this year being someone who wants it.

7 hours ago, musky said:

So we don't reckon Chic could be in with a shout at the legends slot? Too soon after West Holts maybe?

I don't think that having played a few years ago should rule anything out.

The easy example is Ray Davies headlining the Acoustic in 2009 (albeit not televised), and coming back to play the Legends slot the following year.

With Gibb already a TBC for the Pyramid Sunday then I guess it's all pointing towards it being him. If we get Chic on the bill/Pyramid as well as that then even better. Just hope Gibb's feature with Coldplay last year wasn't a sign of things to come regarding his performance as he sounded pretty laughable (although better on Jools Holland singing his new stuff in a much lower register).

I guess the catalogue of bangers he has outweighs the fact his falsetto might not be up to scratch anymore. I'm sure his band/the crowd will carry it anyway.

Edited by FloorFiller