Legends Slot

TunaBaby

So it looks as if Diana Ross is all but nailed on for this years legend slot, but who would you like to see in the legends slot in future festivals. The crowds for Dolly and Lionel were pretty phenomenal, who do you think would draw as big, or even bigger crowds? After the last year or so I personally am even more keen to see some artists and bands before it's too late! A few to get started (no matter how unlikely) :

Elton John

Macca

Phil Collins (purely for in the air tonight drum solo!)

Im sure there are plenty of others, who would your ultimate 'Legend' be?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, TunaBaby said:

This, depressingly, will almost certainly happen one day!

Nah not a chance they're ever gonna play Glastonbury and not headline now, even 20 years down the line if they're still together, which I imagine they almost certainly will be to piss us all off and headline for the seventeenth time.

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah not a chance they're ever gonna play Glastonbury and not headline now, even 20 years down the line if they're still together, which I imagine they almost certainly will be to piss us all off and headline for the seventeenth time.

Nail on the head right here!

Aretha Franklin all day. She's definitely still got it. The ultimate legend really for me.

Carole King going nuts in that video! She'd be great too. 

Phil Collins would bring out the haters online, but he'd definitely draw a big crowd.

Kate Bush? Not my cup of tea but is undeniably of legend status.

Trying to think of a male soul legend who hasn't died yet... struggling...

1 hour ago, TunaBaby said:

I agree, are his headlining days over or does he have one more in him though? There's probably quite a few acts that would fall into the 'too big' category.

Paul will be 75 this year and while he continues to tour regularly I'd imagine the frequency and size of those tours will steadily diminish over the next few years until he inevitably chucks it. However Paul is, and always has been, the showman that loves playing live. He would've had The Beatles playing live until the end if it was his choice. That suggests to me he'll want one last pop at it, I hope he gets it.

51 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Aretha Franklin all day. She's definitely still got it. The ultimate legend really for me.

Carole King going nuts in that video! She'd be great too. 

Phil Collins would bring out the haters online, but he'd definitely draw a big crowd.

Kate Bush? Not my cup of tea but is undeniably of legend status.

Trying to think of a male soul legend who hasn't died yet... struggling...

Kate Bush would be a headliner.

Elton John is the one.

I'd also enjoy seeing Meatloaf do it after having Bat out of Hell forced down my earholes for my whole childhood. Paradise by the Dashboard Lights would go off. Then again he was a bit naff when I saw him the other year and he's basically dead now. He's also naff in general but oh well.

I think after last year's not going down too well they'll wanna go back to someone who can put on a fun show rather than just picking an act with the tunes. I enjoyed ELO but I know a lot of people didn't think it was legend slot material. Maybe they'd have been best off just playing 3rd down on the Pyramid  like ZZ Top and being able to bang out the tunes without the expectation of it being a 1.5 hour party. Something like Barry Gibb > ELO > Beck > Coldplay.

Barry Gibb sounded shit on those Coldplay clips so not him please.