Is anyone considering not going now?

davidishere

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bit of a wobble a couple of weeks ago. Am currently going through a colitis flare and have been suffering for over 2 months now. It has been a pretty severe one and the idea of Glastonbury petrified me. I have cancelled a weekend in Glasgow due for later this month and decided to sell my Stone Roses at Wembley ticket.

Yet I have decided to go Glasto, even if it means staying sober and eating chicken butties all weekend. 

47 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Broke as fuck over here. Should really concentrate on getting into the black, focus on work, attend to life stuff and put my sensible hat on.

But wild horses couldn't stop me this year. 

See you in Pilton. 

Couldn't help but think of this when I read that:

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed- interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of fucking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing sprit- crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing you last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that?

That's rough, I don't have colitis but Chronic Gastritis, the thought of a flare up while at Glastonbury is awful. However, thankfully mine is ok as long as I'm really strict with what I eat. So it makes finding food options while there a bit of a headache at times. 

At least you have until I think May (?) to decide if it's worth the risk. Hopefully your flare up clears soon and you can be on the mend.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Broke as fuck over here. Should really concentrate on getting into the black, focus on work, attend to life stuff and put my sensible hat on.

But wild horses couldn't stop me this year. 

See you in Pilton. 

Too right. Deal with that shit in July :D

49 minutes ago, eastynh said:

...currently going through a colitis flare and have been suffering for over 2 months now. It has been a pretty severe one...

I feel for you. Back in 2013 I started having an enormous flare-up which lasted right through until late-2015. 

I managed (just about) in 2013 with camping in South Park; getting to the facilities early in the morning before queues became a challenge. Prendisnolone helped. But after 2013, I thought I got better in October only for the flare-up to take a very intense turn in November. 

2014 was awful. I decided to give myself an extra day at home, arriving on the Thursday. This meant camping right out by the West Campervan gate and basically too far away from convenient conveniences. The rain and situation got to me badly and I bailed on the Saturday at lunchtime, vowing never to go again. 

2015 managed to get CV West pass and rented a 'van. Best decision ever. It gave me the confidence to feel in control and 2016 followed in a similar vein. Roll on 2017. 

If you, or anyone, wants confidence or advice on dealing with Glastonbury while suffering with a serious IBD flare-up, please don't hesitate to PM me. 

If I thought the mud was going to be like last years then I would think twice. I saw half of what I wanted to just cause I couldn't be bothered treking through the mud and struggled to find the motivation to leave the campsite until I had a good few drinks to make it bareable. 

I'm gonna put that kind of clay type mud down to an anomaly. I can handle wet mud fine, but that stuff last year was a struggle.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its muddy like that most years at some stage. Since I've been going in 04 its been muddy and/or raining for well over 50% of the time. 

If you have a big issue with mud and rain, Glastonbury isn't for you. 

I certainly don't have an issue with mud. First festival I went to was TITP'12 and it was a mud bath and loved it. I think many would agree last year was a bit of a slog though, that's all I'm saying. 

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

Nothing could keep me away knowing next year is fallow!!!!  Think of the excruciating wait for 2019.  You can do other festivals in 2018.

Sorry to hear about all your health problems. I try to get all my health ducks in a row between now and June and hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The mud being that sticky that constantly that everywhere was worse than usual.

Id take that over some of the welly losing mud in 04 and 05, or the splashy shit in 07. Couldn't walk anywhere without the person in front of you flicking mud up into your gob. Sort of like an involuntary two girls, one cup.

It didn't rain during gig times last year really which was a positive. 

17 minutes ago, karaseen said:

Nothing could keep me away knowing next year is fallow!!!!  Think of the excruciating wait for 2019.  You can do other festivals in 2018.

Thats the real issue yeah. If you don't go this year that means no Glasto for 3 years. 

04 and 05 before my time. Would rather have 07 splashy shit than last year's mud. But not the 07 rain obviously!

Nah I'd much rather take the hard sticky stuff - like a post brisket sandwich trip to the longsies - rather than the sludgy wet stuff - like a post borderline cooked beef burrito trip to the longsies.

I found last year very easy for some reason.

Edited by The Nal

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Thats the real issue yeah. If you don't go this year that means no Glasto for 3 years. 

Well, Emily said they'll "likely" be back at Worthy Farm in 2019. So hopefully not a 3 year wait. I couldn't cope. That would be most of the Trump presidency!