Is anyone considering not going now?

davidishere

12 hours ago, eastynh said:

I had a bit of a wobble a couple of weeks ago. Am currently going through a colitis flare and have been suffering for over 2 months now. It has been a pretty severe one and the idea of Glastonbury petrified me. I have cancelled a weekend in Glasgow due for later this month and decided to sell my Stone Roses at Wembley ticket.

Yet I have decided to go Glasto, even if it means staying sober and eating chicken butties all weekend. 

Sorry to hear that mate, Ive got it too, only got diagnosed about a year and a half ago. Has caused havoc on a few occasions, bailed on gigs, nights out, even a holiday :(

Managed to get a ticket for this year after missing out last year so I'll defo come find you this time and share your chicken butties!

Take it easy bud hope your flare up sorts itself out soon.

Lee.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Spindles said:

Ah, I'll be fine, just wait and see :)  I've gone to Glastonbury on crutches following surgery before, unable to walk more than 100 metres without having to stop to let the pain recede and still managed to last Wed-Mon on a diet of codeine and skittles vodka so this will be a walk in the park. 

And there's me thinking that I was a trooper going a month after major surgery when I'd been told not to move around too much during that period. I now realize (and have probably sub consciously known for a long time) that you are the Master, Spindles. :bow:

As for myself this year, it's all a bit too fluid for my liking. Haven't got tickets, and my wife would rather do another festival or two. I know that divorce is an option, but I love her. Still trying to figure out how to get out of this conundrum. 

19 hours ago, Untz said:

In theory.

Buy my feet don't seem to mind wearing even cheap pumps/Converse the whole time and I don't notice when I'm drunk anyway. And in a slightly more vain note, I don't generally like the look of boots and they wouldn't go with any of my clothes so that's a bit off putting too.

Me too, even though I know it's the sensible thing to wear I just can't. 
Charm x

11 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick II said:

And there's me thinking that I was a trooper going a month after major surgery when I'd been told not to move around too much during that period. I now realize (and have probably sub consciously known for a long time) that you are the Master, Spindles. :bow:

As for myself this year, it's all a bit too fluid for my liking. Haven't got tickets, and my wife would rather do another festival or two. I know that divorce is an option, but I love her. Still trying to figure out how to get out of this conundrum. 

Oh no, that's sad news, you were building up quite an army of f5er's too, really hope your wife changes her mind
Charm x

16 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

I'm amazed the annual photos of quite attractive females in short skirts and boots haven't started appearing in answer to the boots not going with clothes!

I thought the pervy pictures featured girls in wellies? I'll be honest, I don't pay that much attention to them.

22 hours ago, The Nal said:

Id take that over some of the welly losing mud in 04 and 05, or the splashy shit in 07. Couldn't walk anywhere without the person in front of you flicking mud up into your gob. Sort of like an involuntary two girls, one cup.

It didn't rain during gig times last year really which was a positive. 

2005's problems were gone by the Sunday and it was lovely and sunny most of the time.  Friday aside, 2005 was pretty good mud-wise.

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Oh no, that's sad news, you were building up quite an army of f5er's too, really hope your wife changes her mind
Charm x

Hello Charm,

I haven't given up all hope of being able to ask all the 'army' of potential F5'ers (Thank you all. You know who you are:)) who offered to help us. In fact I've come up with a cunning plan. It's apparent to me that my wife isn't that keen on going to Glastonbury. This would only be her third time, whereas it would be somewhere over 20 times attendance for me. I might have to play my trump card and say 'OK, let's make this the last Glastonbury we go to. Then we can go to other festivals in the future. You get to see your favourite band (Radiohead) there and I get to have one fandango in the place which has given me so much pleasure'. 

Yes, I think I've hit the nail on the head there with that proposed approach. I'll back it up with the fact that she'll get to see one of her  brothers there (he already has a ticket) who she doesn't see as much as she'd like to because he lives elsewhere in the country and has three, yes three, jobs, which more than keeps him busy. 

Wish me luck because I'm going to put it to her later today. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

47 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick II said:

Hello Charm,

I haven't given up all hope of being able to ask all the 'army' of potential F5'ers (Thank you all. You know who you are:)) who offered to help us. In fact I've come up with a cunning plan. It's apparent to me that my wife isn't that keen on going to Glastonbury. This would only be her third time, whereas it would be somewhere over 20 times attendance for me. I might have to play my trump card and say 'OK, let's make this the last Glastonbury we go to. Then we can go to other festivals in the future. You get to see your favourite band (Radiohead) there and I get to have one fandango in the place which has given me so much pleasure'. 

Yes, I think I've hit the nail on the head there with that proposed approach. I'll back it up with the fact that she'll get to see one of her  brothers there (he already has a ticket) who she doesn't see as much as she'd like to because he lives elsewhere in the country and has three, yes three, jobs, which more than keeps him busy. 

Wish me luck because I'm going to put it to her later today. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

Sounds like a good plan, fingers crossed. 
Charm x

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Approaching the time where I decide whether i'm gonna volunteer again

i must admit, I don't have as much of a drive to do it as I have in the past.

but my thinking is, it's gone after this for two years, now or not for a long time!

Did you not get tickets this year?