Unlikely acts you'd love to see

kalifire

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bellboy said:

Always thought Lynyrd Skynyrd would go down well in that late afternoon Pyramid slot.  US tour finishes on 10th June (he says hopefully!).

Also, Santana (please).....

Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow (new line-up, no Rod, Jane or Freddy) are playing UK dates either side of Glasto - a slim possibility perhaps.

On 17/01/2017 at 8:02 PM, JamboNelly said:

Rancid 

Monster Magnet

Sham 69

Stiff Little Fingers 

probably all unlikely but not entirely impossible.

Yeah, Glastonbury could do with more punk. Caught SLF a few years ago and they put on a great show.

On a completely different note, I came here to ask if anyone knows whether The Steve Miller Band have ever played?

20 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Yeah, Glastonbury could do with more punk. Caught SLF a few years ago and they put on a great show.

On a completely different note, I came here to ask if anyone knows whether The Steve Miller Band have ever played?

SLF were the best band I saw at a festival last year.

Don't think he's ever played but had a look at Steve Miller Band's tour dates, he very rarely plays anywhere outside USA bar the odd date in Canada. The last visit to the UK was in 2012 when they played one date in Glasgow. File under unlikely.

Ive got to go with Rancid too. Ive been going to punk shows and plenty of festivals since i was 15 (now 30) and they are the one punk band i still haven't seen!

Also wouldn't mind some Less Than Jake and Drop Kick Murphys. Am i righy in thinking its been a while since a well established american punk band has been on the bill apart from Anti Flag a couple of years back?

3 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

OK, it is one of the most unlikely acts ever BUT would love to see OLJ and JT perform the whole of the Grease soundtrack live at Glastonbury :) (with live band and backing singers obviously)

Sounds brilliant, I would like to see that too. 
Charm x