Most anticipated albums of 2017

White Bear

http://www.stereogum.com/1915306/the-101-most-anticipated-albums-of-2017/franchises/2016-in-review/?utm_source=sc-fb&utm_medium=ref&utm_campaign

2017 is looking to be an amazing year for new music, what albums are everyone looking forward to most? 

I can't wait for new Ryan Adams, The War on Drugs, The Flaming Lips, King Giz, Justin Timberlake and although I'm not to confident, really hoping for a return to form for Pearl Jam!

10 hours ago, White Bear said:

... and although I'm not to confident, really hoping for a return to form for Pearl Jam!

Not a fan of Lightning Bolt then? Or do you think the off-form goes further back?

I know its not nearly their best but its far from a _bad_ album and has a few gems on it - Sirens is one of the best things they've ever done.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Not a fan of Lightning Bolt then? Or do you think the off-form goes further back?

I know its not nearly their best but its far from a _bad_ album and has a few gems on it - Sirens is one of the best things they've ever done.

Really didn't enjoy Lightning Bolt, thought Backspacer was the best thing they'd done in ages and lightning bolt fell really flat after a couple of listens. Nothing stood out as remotely memorable to me. 

I haven't gone back to it in a long time mind, maybe I should give it another go.

11 hours ago, White Bear said:

Really didn't enjoy Lightning Bolt, thought Backspacer was the best thing they'd done in ages and lightning bolt fell really flat after a couple of listens. Nothing stood out as remotely memorable to me. 

I haven't gone back to it in a long time mind, maybe I should give it another go.

Just to clarify

1. Vs
  2. Ten
  3. Yield
  4. Pearl Jam
  5. No Code
  6. Backspacer
  7. Vitalogy
  8. Lightning Bolt
  9. Binaural
  10. Riot Act
  11. Pablo Hon...

19 hours ago, kalifire said:

Run The Jewels. Surely the album of the year so far when it's released on 13th January. 

This.  The first 2 albums are on regular rotation here at casa spin, hoping for something even stronger.

As for PJ, I also found lightning bolt to be one of their weaker albums, Backspacer however was among their best, right up there with 10 and Vs.

2 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I didn't mention QOTSA cos I've not heard anything, is it definitely happening? Hope it does as well as ...Like Clockwork and cements them as all out headliners, they deserve it. One of the best bands of all time in my opinion.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/queens-of-the-stone-age-are-heading-back-into-the-studio-to-begin-their-next-album/ 

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

I didn't mention QOTSA cos I've not heard anything, is it definitely happening? Hope it does as well as ...Like Clockwork and cements them as all out headliners, they deserve it. One of the best bands of all time in my opinion.

Slowly but surely, it seems. They've been saying "we're gonna start work soon" since they stopped touring but now the schedules look to be clear and they have signalled that work has begun. I imagine it'll be back end of 2017 but maybe if we're lucky it'll come sooner.