tolywoly

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The big question is where?  The site isn't exactly full of wide open spaces for new areas to go into. You'd have thought she'd mention it if Silver Hayes (for example) was being replaced.

i suppose it depends if the site is getting any bigger, or if they're just re-jigging.  the trend in recent expansions has been to fill in more of the middle of the site and put new camping out west.  would pennards be too steep?  maybe a chunk of dairy (now paines) like they did with arcadia at park home.  maybe a rethink of silver hayes?

if it's to be a late night thing to draw crowds away from the se corner, then i'd suspect it'd be near the park end of things, where they have quite a lot going on until 6am that isn't particularly noisey.

tbh, i like all this logistical stuff more than the actual bands a lot of the time!

1 hour ago, pauladam said:

the talk of vintage cars reminds me of the swamp shack at Bestival (at least in 2011 when I was there) - obviously Glasto would be on a much larger scale! - But wasn't this put together by the Block 9 guys?

swampshack.png

That area was superb, it was outside main arena as well so you could bring your own booze

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i suppose it depends if the site is getting any bigger, or if they're just re-jigging.  the trend in recent expansions has been to fill in more of the middle of the site and put new camping out west.  would pennards be too steep?  maybe a chunk of dairy (now paines) like they did with arcadia at park home.  maybe a rethink of silver hayes?

if it's to be a late night thing to draw crowds away from the se corner, then i'd suspect it'd be near the park end of things, where they have quite a lot going on until 6am that isn't particularly noisey.

tbh, i like all this logistical stuff more than the actual bands a lot of the time!

I suppose there's some spare space behind the tee-pee field between Strummerville and the Flagtopia field, but it's all a bit steep up there.  Can't think what they could rejig to that bit.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I suppose there's some spare space behind the tee-pee field between Strummerville and the Flagtopia field, but it's all a bit steep up there.  Can't think what they could rejig to that bit.

Depends if it is a thing where you sit in cars and watch something then a slope would be ideal, but not too much.

i do enjoy the way the festival evolves it is the only reason it is still alive

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

pennards has been prime expansion area for some time i reckon, and it is eavis-owned land.  the amount of camping has been reduced over the years to one reason or another.  definitley think the top end is far too steep though.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That was my first thought too. Makes sense to have it near the Park I think.

2 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

We could really do with more going on around the JP. Maybe it could go in Lower Mead?

Wherever it goes its another squeeze on camping spots (unless we lose something at the same time).

That Pyramid stage , that can go no body ever goes there nice big field like that.

in all seriousness, i don;t have a clue and look forward to finding out  

Slightly OT but on the subject of cars. Did anyone see the old Merc parked near the circus field (can't remember what day) and does anybody know what it was about? Was on the way to see something so couldn't find out but there were people just sitting in it, it wasn't just a car if that makes sense.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

34 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Slightly OT but on the subject of cars. Did anyone see the old Merc parked near the circus field (can't remember what day) and does anybody know what it was about? Was on the way to see something so couldn't find out but there were people just sitting in it, it wasn't just a car if that makes sense.

yeah i saw that.  it was some performance thingy.  they were pretending to be a taxi, but kicked my cousin out when he got in trying to get a lift to the pyramid.

5 hours ago, DropBeat said:

That was my first thought too. Makes sense to have it near the Park I think.

Bloody hilly there tho ..if there bringing in cars every day they would have to have a whole new track to get to that part of the festival ??

6 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I've heard there's a rejig to help stretch out the crowds as they walk about, and ease the bottle necks, especially for Shangri la.

They are using the Bath and West Showground for Caravans etc next year, nothing has been said if this will increase the number of pitches available so are they planning on removing some of the East pitches by doing some area suffle's at that end of the site? New area's are always great to look forward too:) As a classic car owner i don't think i'd be too keen on having all that glasto mud inside of the cars though