New Area

tolywoly

15 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

How are they getting it past the all seeing Glastocam? By painting distracting bear faces in the grass perhaps ...

I imagine they're being delivered to the SE corner area, since that's entirely off camera.

Perhaps they're replacing the rather tired Shangri La area? If not, the organisers of that part of the site really need to come up with something fresh for 2017.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kalifire said:

I imagine they're being delivered to the SE corner area, since that's entirely off camera.

Perhaps they're replacing the rather tired Shangri La area? If not, the organisers of that part of the site really need to come up with something fresh for 2017.

I imagine you're right, it's probably being worked on in the east. 

Doesn't sound like Shangri La is going to change too much though, apart from some much needed work on accessibility...

"The south-east corner, potentially, that’s all gonna be the same. We’re just trying to make that as accessible as possible to everybody and try and crack that late-night congestion problem and spread things out as much as possible for everybody."

That comment makes it sound like the new area will be in another part of the site in an effort to spread the crowds. Perhaps it is being worked on at the farm (off camera) and will be assembled in which ever area nearer the time.

Edited by DropBeat

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

i can't see them changing much in the SE corner ahead of a fallow year. they re-use structures each year so they'll probably do the same again next year, then come up with new stuff during the 2 years off, rather than do it now and then put it in storage for 2 years.

12 hours ago, The other Bellboy said:

They are using the Bath and West Showground for Caravans etc next year, nothing has been said if this will increase the number of pitches available so are they planning on removing some of the East pitches by doing some area suffle's at that end of the site? New area's are always great to look forward too:) As a classic car owner i don't think i'd be too keen on having all that glasto mud inside of the cars though

The problem is that there's various restrictions and logistical issues on that side of the site that make it near impossible to move the fence line out any further east than it already is - most notably due to a public road that can't go inside the main fence and various farmhouses one of which is owned by a committed opponent of the festival. The main fence stays up for about 6 weeks, so it's not just a case of closing a road or whatever for the five days. On that basis it's really unlikely that we'll see any eastward expansion of the main site in the foreseeable future.

Well if there is something going on its well hidden....I had a good wander round this afternoon and there's no obvious evidence of anything being built that I could see.

The only area that surprised me is the area immediately south of the Wood where the lake and new pathways are.  Has that always been used as a yard for storage of hardcore, wood, gravel etc, or is it being developed?  It's not somewhere we usually go during the festival.

9 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Well if there is something going on its well hidden....I had a good wander round this afternoon and there's no obvious evidence of anything being built that I could see.

The only area that surprised me is the area immediately south of the Wood where the lake and new pathways are.  Has that always been used as a yard for storage of hardcore, wood, gravel etc, or is it being developed?  It's not somewhere we usually go during the festival.

Yeh that's always there.