Glastonbury 1995 vs 2017 - madness...

Dannytc

All the headline rumor flying around. Are Glastonbury just planning a 1995 reunion, with Oasis, Stone Roses and Take that reform haha

1995 - Oasis on the Friday (with Robbie Williams there partying with them, during his mad time after stealing a Mellon and quiting take that...)

Stone Roses, on the Saturday

Oh and 1996 was the fallow year, like 2018 ha.

(Don't take my post too seriously, just freakishly coincidental if it happens to have them 3 on the line up!)

1995Poster.jpg

Partying at 1995 glasto together

slide_414956_5264524_free.jpg

Edited by Dannytc

I was there, bunked in. I look at that poster, i can't remember a single act i saw that weekend, aside from Woody Bop Muddy. My overriding memory of that weekend is a green microdot on the first night. Did i see Spearhead? I think i did, but i'm not sure. Maybe i've just convinced myself i did over the last 20 years.

My first one was 1995 - Stone Roses weren't there - famously subbed by Pulp - who were awesome.  Oasis clashed with Prodigy and I saw the latter.  It was the Cure Sunday night.

Weather was glorious all 3 days (a bit cool on the Saturday).  Other highlights included Weezer, Verve, Belly, Elastica, Ash - the height if Brit pop and all that rubbish......but it was a great festival - still one of my favourites even after all these years

Edited by Nickyboy

5 hours ago, Mardy said:

I was there, bunked in. I look at that poster, i can't remember a single act i saw that weekend, aside from Woody Bop Muddy. My overriding memory of that weekend is a green microdot on the first night. Did i see Spearhead? I think i did, but i'm not sure. Maybe i've just convinced myself i did over the last 20 years.

You missed men's wear?

8 hours ago, Mardy said:

Did i see Spearhead? I think i did, but i'm not sure. Maybe i've just convinced myself i did over the last 20 years.

Glad it's not just me who has spearhead delusions, I swear blind I've seen them but can't figure where or when.

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Was he disappointing live or are you not a fan anyway?

Yeah...not really a fan anyway.

It's not that he was particularly bad or anything - more we were just sat there having a few drinks and only giving it cursory attention, so transcendence wasn't achieved.

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I didn't see them at the G, but saw them in a similar timeframe - from memory, mostly Clouds Taste Metallic material, with lots of moshing for She Don't Use Jelly.

dammit. They'd have still had ronald jones back then too. Still, I'm sure the lightning seeds or wherever I was were great...

15 hours ago, Dannytc said:

All the headline rumor flying around. Are Glastonbury just planning a 1995 reunion, with Oasis, Stone Roses and Take that reform haha

1995 - Oasis on the Friday (with Robbie Williams there partying with them, during his mad time after stealing a Mellon and quiting take that...)

Stone Roses, on the Saturday

Oh and 1996 was the fallow year, like 2018 ha.

(Don't take my post too seriously, just freakishly coincidental if it happens to have them 3 on the line up!)

1995Poster.jpg

Partying at 1995 glasto together

slide_414956_5264524_free.jpg

I am taking your allegations extremely seriously - pity the poor folk who will be attending the festival in 2036 and will have to endure the reunions of Coldplay, mumford and sons, and Bloc Party! 

I see War played the main stage that year- would have liked to have seen them. 

think there is extensive channel 4 coverage from 1995 or something on youtube- Marc Radcliffe looking very youthful, Jo wiley looking exactly the same,  and forgotten man Mark Lemar (who has vanished off the face of the earth) 

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

I am taking your allegations extremely seriously - pity the poor folk who will be attending the festival in 2036 and will have to endure the reunions of Coldplay, mumford and sons, and Bloc Party! 

I see War played the main stage that year- would have liked to have seen them. 

think there is extensive channel 4 coverage from 1995 or something on youtube- Marc Radcliffe looking very youthful, Jo wiley looking exactly the same,  and forgotten man Mark Lemar (who has vanished off the face of the earth) 

Lamarr is an utter prick throughout that whole coverage too - would not stop playing his guitar.