BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Saturday makes it really tempting. Hopefully the support will be decent. Something along the lines of this would make me part with my cash: 

Green Day 
The Offspring
Frank Turner & The Sleeping Souls
New Found Glory 
Moose Blood 
The King Blues 

I would for the main support to be Weezer, though. 

Edited by Andre91

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

A Saturday makes it really tempting. Hopefully the support will be decent. Something along the lines of this would make me part with my cash: 

Green Day 
The Offspring
New Found Glory 
Moose Blood 
The King Blues 

This would be great!

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I would expect something a lot more general and wider reaching than that. Stuff like Kaiser Chiefs and Slaves.

Do you think? Even though when the usual lineups are announced it seems to be aimed towards the headliner of the day?

55 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Green Day 
The Offspring
New Found Glory 
Moose Blood 
The King Blues 

Not a chance it'll be that strong. 

16 minutes ago, foolee said:

Do you think? Even though when the usual lineups are announced it seems to be aimed towards the headliner of the day?

It would still be aimed at the headliner but from a sales point-of-view they're best off geared towards the mainstream rock crowds than the pop-punk ones - though, come to think about it, The Offspring would satisfy both. I could be completely wrong anyway, it's just what I'd expect.

On 09/09/2016 at 1:43 PM, thewayiam said:

I doubt it, RHCP sold their arena tour instantly but struggled with their Knebworth date the other year.

The only one who sold out very quick was Taylor Swift...and obviously The Stones did well too.

Knebworth was still pretty much sold out by the time the gig happened though, wasn't vast amount of room to roam around once they took to the stage.

22 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

What are the dates for this? If its the first two weekends of July I'd guess Coldplay could be a good shout as they've got their Dublin/Cardiff dates around the second weekend. 

I assume it's the first two weekends of July, unless they run on Glasto weekend again. Hope not otherwise one of the three non-Glasto days has already been filled by something I don't wanna see.

BST is beneath Coldplay, really. I mean, I know Rolling Stones did this and so did Bon Jovi and whoever but they're AEG bands so it makes sense that AEG have them do their own festival thing, whereas Coldplay aren't and did Wembley three or four times last year for (at a guess) much higher revenue so it wouldn't make all that much sense.

I can defs see Lady Gaga doing this by the way, seeing as she's an AEG artist and not a stadium headliner anymore but could still do something like this.

32 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Yeah from what I've seen stadiums seems most likely. Got a few friends who are adamant they'll be at Download, can't help but think they'll be disappointed as I don't see it myself. 

They won't be at Download. Whatever Download offers it still won't be what they'll earn from multiple nights at Wembley and other potential stadiums.