BST Hyde Park 2017

rawaudioinput

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

How do the support acts usually work for this? Is there an overlap between bands / stages? I'd like to see all the support acts, if possible.

Likelihood is the ones announced will all be on the main stage with a few additional ones added to the 2nd stage at a later date.

Ā 

8 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Does anyone know if BST do any combined tickets for multiple days? I've only done single days before but I'm not looking at 2 days possibly 3?

Ā 

Thanks

In the past they've done a "Two tickets for Ā£X" deal a bit closer to the time. Basically they wait to see what sells out at normal price and then start with the deals. Obviously if everything sells well then they won't offer anything.

I went to watch The Who a couple of years back and it was almost a dream lineup for me. But I have this issue that none of my friends like my music so I just can't find anyone to go to these things with.Ā 

1 minute ago, changingman82 said:

In the past they've done a "Two tickets for Ā£X" deal a bit closer to the time. Basically they wait to see what sells out at normal price and then start with the deals. Obviously if everything sells well then they won't offer anything.

I went to watch The Who a couple of years back and it was almost a dream lineup for me. But I have this issue that none of my friends like my music so I just can't find anyone to go to these things with.Ā 

Thanks, don't think I'll risk it as the gigs I'm looking at are Kings of Leon, Green Day and now The Killers so all fairly popular.

8 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I don't think many of the days will struggle to sell out. I can't speak for Tom Petty or Phil Collins but I can't see BST giving reduced ticket prices for Green Day, Kings of Leon, The Killers or Justin Bieber.Ā 

Yeah it's much stronger across the board this year. Nothing even close to the randomĀ Massive Attack/Young FathersĀ day fromĀ 2016.

2 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Green Day will probably depend on the supports I think. Rancid on a UK exclusive would be a big ticket shifter though I think.Ā 

Add to that Catfish and the Bottlemen bringing a whole different crowd and someone like Jimmy Eat World, I think it'll sell extremely well.

If it wernt for the Killers, those 3 bands (elbow, white lies and Tears for fears.The latter might be my 12 year old self talking....) are good, Elbow especially so.

Course, im not paying full price for an AEG event again. So....heres hoping for reduced tickets....

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

Add to that Catfish and the Bottlemen bringing a whole different crowd and someone like Jimmy Eat World, I think it'll sell extremely well.

Ā 

Would probably watch Catfish but my main worry with that would be bringing in that crowd would make it even more likely of people talking all the time throughout bands. Nothing particularly against that crowd, but I think there would be a lot of talking and raised eyebrows during a band like Rancid.Ā 

50 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Green Day will probably depend on the supports I think. Rancid on a UK exclusive would be a big ticket shifter though I think.Ā 

Yes

47 minutes ago, foolee said:

I'd buy a ticket without hesitating. JEW are a favorite of mine.....older JEW anyway.

29 minutes ago, dan08 said:

So there wouldn't be much point in getting priority tickets as you would lose access to the front section any time you had to go to the toilet etc.

Yep,Ā as long as you aren't fussed aboutĀ barrier,Ā priorityĀ entry is a complete con. Unless The Killers comeĀ back with the most popularĀ album of all time between now and the festival, it should be fairly easy to come and go from the front section as you please, right up until about half an hour before they walk on stage :)

Edited by Zac Quinn

7 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Ā 

Would probably watch Catfish but my main worry with that would be bringing in that crowd would make it even more likely of people talking all the time throughout bands. Nothing particularly against that crowd, but I think there would be a lot of talking and raised eyebrows during a band like Rancid.Ā 

Yeah it wouldn't mix well. It's probably not gonna happen really. Unlike Rancid, if Catfish are in Europe at that time then they're surely not gonna be working their schedule around Green Day and them supporting on the North American run has very little bearing.

8 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

Are there rough stage times for bst anywhere? My research skills are failing. I'm just looking for a typical night to see how long the sets usually are, nothing too accurate

http:///s/bst2015/

I'd be surprised if Catfish do the Green Day gig. I'm assuming the US support slots are to build their stature over there & introduce them to a new crowd who might be interested - they clearly don't need to do that over here, and aren't doing any of the other Green Day European dates anyway.Ā