Daft Punk

eFestivals

The suggested locations Paris, Los Angeles, London, New York, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Ibiza and Indio excite me. I think I'd make a trip to Ibiza especially for them, or Paris.

I do think that those "well placed sources" were just to dampen rumours. 

Where's the co-ordinates for Pilton though?!

I want this to happen so much, but could do with the rumours going away until I know if I've got Glastonbury tickets!! haha. Although I will go see them wherever, without fail.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's possible that if they're announcing a tour that they'd keep the Glasto date back at the behest of the festival.

Ah yeah, true. I guess it would make more sense for Coachella to be included in the tour announcement too as it's where it started last time I think? I didn't think they announced Coachella headliners ahead of January usually, but if DP make an announcement earlier than that Coachella will be so obvious anyway, so they may as well include it.

Yeah it has been around for a while aswell, only just been picked up by news oultets.

The code reads like a 12 year old wrote it:

<!--
CONTACT CONFIRMED
PRINT TRANSMISSION
48 51 24 2 21 03
34 03 118 15
51 30 26 N 0 7 39
40 7128 74 0059
35 6895 139 6917
23 5505 46 6333
39 0200 1 4821
33 7206 116 2156
TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED
...LISTENING...
...LISTENING...
NO SIGNAL DETECTED. RETRY IN 10s...
RETRY IN 9s...
RETRY IN 8s...
RETRY IN 7s...
RETRY IN 6s...
RETRY IN 5s...
RETRY IN 4s...
RETRY IN 3s...
RETRY IN 2s...
RETRY IN 1s...
SIGNAL DETECTED...CONNECTING
CONTACT CONFIRMED
PRINT TRANSMISSION
RA 0h 42m 44s Dec 41 16 9
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED REMOTELY
...LISTENING...
SIGNAL DETECTED...CONNECTING
CONTACT CONFIRMED
PRINT TRANSMISSION
"ALIVE"
TRANSMISSION TERMINATED REMOTELY
...LISTENING...
...LISTENING...
NO SIGNAL DETECTED. RETRY IN 10s...
RETRY IN 9s...
RETRY IN 8s...
RETRY IN 7s...
RETRY IN 6s...
RETRY IN 5s...
RETRY IN 4s...
RETRY IN 3s...
RETRY IN 2s...
RETRY IN 1s...
NO SIGNAL DETECTED.
START SLEEP ROUTINE
WAKE DATE 2016-10-27
//SHEP LOGGED OUT
-->

2 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I never knew that. Is that the same for all bands or do they request that others keep schtum. (I know it's probably only ever a request rather than a demand, what with Liam, Tim and Tim revealing they were other stage headliners last few years). 

I specifically put headliners in what I wrote. Glasto might like it if their headliners would go along with their own announcement plans, but I know that many (probably all) of the recent earlier headliner announcements have been driven by the band's wants.

For the rest they've started to impress on them more in recent years to not announce it before the festival does, tho again it only works for acts that will go along with it, and there's not really any sanction they can use to stop it. I'm not aware of any booked band being bumped off again because they've spilt the beans, but an ex-booker once told me that it's a 'threat' he's made to bands (tho I'm not sure whether it should be believed; some people like to overplay their own importance). I've also heard of bands contacting a booker weekly to ask 'can we announce yet?'

In general, bands are well-used to announcements being promoter-driven rather than to their own schedule, so keeping schtum is something they're used to doing.

(my spell-checker suggests scrotum for schtum :lol:)

Edited by eFestivals

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The main question is whether it's gonna be better to dress up as C-3PO or R2-D2.

Former isn't so great for stocky body shapes, but the latter looks like it will be bit of a struggle getting around in the mud.

I'm going to dress up as BB-8, giant round lampshade on my head then just roll down the hill at The Park 

The Alive 2007 show was grounbreaking in it's day, particularly as dance acts didn't go in for that kind of thing really, but it looks quite quaint by today's standards.  Show production has come a long way in the last decade or so.

Even sticking just with dance music, off the top of my head Magnetic Man, Etienne de Cracy, DJ Shadow and the Chemical Brothers (particularly the set up they have in the Don't Think movie) all borrowed from and improved upon what DP did.

Edited by fatyeti24