Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I feel as if At The Drive-In and Glastonbury will never cross paths. I'm not sure I'm that upset about it; I think a slot would be wasted - unless it was somewhere really tiny, y'know, Williams Green or something. 

The footage of their reunion the first time round looked dreadful in all honesty.

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

donington88.jpg?w=281&h=400

This'll have been when Maiden were arguably at their commercial peak, mind you. #1 album, a string of top ten hits... they never got bigger than 88, pre reunion at least ( would be tempted to say they peaked commercially this century with The Final Frontier Tour and that's a way off the eighties. 

12 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'll be honest I presumed it'd be nearer 70 - 80. But yeah still wouldn't pay it. It may be comparitably reasonable, but it's still 50 notes and not bothered enough about Kiss anymore to pay a ton for me and the missus to go see. 20 years ago when I was a lot more narrow minded in my music, maybe. Not put a Kiss album on in over a decade. Still got a load of early classics somewhere on CD, cassette and copy cassette from school.  No Ace, too. 

Got my ticket for the Birmingham gig today, 60 odd notes well worth the cash in my opinion. It was pure rock theatre last time I saw them in 2010, and could be one of the last chances to see them. No Ace I know but bridges do seem to have been mended since Stanley played on Ace's last album. Their egos and love of the dollar means I don't think we'll ever see them on Worthy Farm

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are playing a festival in Switzerland in July so I guess they're a contender for an Other headline slot, maybe opposite Radiohead.

Are they headline material for other? The new album was very disappointing, I know he gets a tough time on here but the heist was a top album, the new one not so much.  

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Biffy Clyro been announced for another festival in June.  Pontential sub? Too big to be other headliner opposite Ed Sheeran?

considering they're headlining Download they're probably gonna ride their headliner train a little longer so i can't see them taking a lower slot at Glastonbury. not an exclusive at Download mind, although i expect them to pop up headlining another festival (maybe/probably that new Glasgow Green one)

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

not that they were ever very likely, but Dead & Company (Grateful Dead members + John Mayer) are playing America over Glastonbury weekend so can be ruled out

incredibly (bad) coincidence that they're playing same venue - the 'new' Shea Stadium - on the same Glastonbury weekend as they did last year. i may have to pop up to see them the week before at Fenway Park...

48 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

considering they're headlining Download they're probably gonna ride their headliner train a little longer so i can't see them taking a lower slot at Glastonbury. not an exclusive at Download mind, although i expect them to pop up headlining another festival (maybe/probably that new Glasgow Green one)

Just seemed weird that they wouldn't be a English exclusive etc.... if they were only playing there. Not sure they'll headline anywhere else