NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Just now, H.M.V said:

Doesn't give a shit who owns the card or where its registered (other than overseas). Just wants your money. Reg, postcode, card. 

I thought that may be the case that you just put the card details in and there's no address box but it's been that long since I've actually seen the payment page I couldn't remember. In that case I'm more than happy my card is used to pay the money off and we can sort out the intricacies afterwards.:)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning! 

I'm still confused but I shall await a message with info and then I'm sure ti will make sense!! 

It's lovely and sunny here today. I've got a glamping hen weekend next week, I'll happily take a downpour in exchange for sunshine at glastonbury! We need sacrifices, lots of sacrifices!!!! 

12 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening all, hope it's been a good day back in the UK/Channel Islands!:)

Right about payment details. So far if I'm not mistaken I have sent my card details to: @sheffieldlady, @dizzymoo, @Skoo and @H.M.V.

My Reg no. and postcode have also been sent to @Scruffylovemonster and @thurlow84 and I still have to send details to @noplacelikehome, @lucyginger and @vintagelaureate. Sorry all for the delay, I'll try and get it sorted tonight.

Ive also entered competitions with Thatchers and eFests!:)

A couple of things... 

First does the lead booker who I understand will now be GH have to be the payer or can any card be used?

Secondly as it's now I think 4 tickets in the pot, unfortunately there isn't enough money on my card to cover all 4 at the moment. I do have a spare card however and tomorrow morning I will transfer some money onto it so if it's needed then I'm happy for my card to be used for all 4. The only issue with this is that the transfer will take 3 working days to clear so the new card won't be ready to use until Monday or Tuesday. Do we have any thoughts when any resale is likely to be be? After the payment deadline I presume, when is that? Does anybody know?

Shaun.

Hi Shaun

I don't have page checkers (I'll look into it...!) but, at times, I obviously spend an unhealthy amount of time on here, so would be delighted at least to be in the gang to try to help you, should something go off and I am online and aware.

So, please PM me all details you need me to have and I'll try to get those elusive buggers for you too.

:)

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

Ok! give me some "MUST DO's" as this is my first rodeo....

I've been told a few little things, like... shangri heaven & snake pit, Rabbit hole, strummerville... etc... 

What are must do's and what is not worth bothering with? Get yours lists out for the lads! :D

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ok! give me some "MUST DO's" as this is my first rodeo....

I've been told a few little things, like... shangri heaven & snake pit, Rabbit hole, strummerville... etc... 

What are must do's and what is not worth bothering with? Get yours lists out for the lads! :D

This is your first glastonbury? WOOO! 

The snake pit isnt there anymore, so cross that off ;) 

I would say just wander. Wander wander wander. If you're not having fun, go somewhere else. If you want to sleep, sleep. If you need to eat, eat. Make sure you stay hydrated! Yes I mean water as well as booze! 

Be yourself, talk to people, if someone looks like they need help, help them or get help. Mainly just dont stress and have a lovely time!! :)

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

This is your first glastonbury? WOOO! 

The snake pit isnt there anymore, so cross that off ;) 

I would say just wander. Wander wander wander. If you're not having fun, go somewhere else. If you want to sleep, sleep. If you need to eat, eat. Make sure you stay hydrated! Yes I mean water as well as booze! 

Be yourself, talk to people, if someone looks like they need help, help them or get help. Mainly just dont stress and have a lovely time!! :)

Nooo whats happened to the snake pit? damn it! 

I will be wandering wandering dont worry :) Just after what peoples favourite places or things to do are. What can you not go to glasto without doing? 

I've just seen there is saunas!? Fuck yeah... sweat all that alcohol out ready to go again ha

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Nooo whats happened to the snake pit? damn it! 

I will be wandering wandering dont worry :) Just after what peoples favourite places or things to do are. What can you not go to glasto without doing? 

I've just seen there is saunas!? Fuck yeah... sweat all that alcohol out ready to go again ha

unless you really have to be there, resist the urge to park yourself in front of one of the big stages all day watching bands you've heard of, and get out and about and amongst it and just see where that takes you.  

it's a participatory festival, not one you just stand in a crowd and observe!  (with the same caveat that unless just watching is all you want to do)

in 2016 i only saw the front of the pyramid stage on one occasion, and that was when i was trying to get somewhere else.  didn't see a single act on there all weekend, and only one on the Other and John Peel.

5 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

unless you really have to be there, resist the urge to park yourself in front of one of the big stages all day watching bands you've heard of, and get out and about and amongst it and just see where that takes you.  

it's a participatory festival, not one you just stand in a crowd and observe!  (with the same caveat that unless just watching is all you want to do)

in 2016 i only saw the front of the pyramid stage on one occasion, and that was when i was trying to get somewhere else.  didn't see a single act on there all weekend, and only one on the Other and John Peel.

You make it sounds like a swingers club.... :D 

Well going on the lineup so far there is probably only about 4 acts I really want to see. The rest of the time I will be making an effort to get lost and explore. 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

You make it sounds like a swingers club.... :D 

Well going on the lineup so far there is probably only about 4 acts I really want to see. The rest of the time I will be making an effort to get lost and explore. 

there may well be a swingers club there.  there's certainly been threads on here about that very thing in the past!

8 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

OK so this will be my 2nd so I've still got a million trillion things on my list of things I need to do but I highly recommend spending a few hours around the Theatre & Circus fields, such an array of artists on offer, if it's not great weather (which it will be NFR NFC obvs) Then having a sit down in either the comedy tent is a great.  We saw a random assortment on some of the outside stages around there too.

As I said in another thread, let your weird out and I truly mean that, just be as weird & strange as you fancy because no one will bat and eye, it's all been seen before and then some!

Talk, share, listen & watch your fellow festivalers, I found the joy of everyone is contagious, so much more so than any other festival I've been to.

I did the whole walk up the Park to the sign without looking back  last year and if I'm honest it didn't smack me in the face as much as I expected, maybe I'd seen one too many pics from that angle, so instead I'd suggest going to the Crows Nest for a pint instead, at least that way you get a cold one out of the trek!

Im staying in Worthy View so I will get to see a great view every day. I am planning on fully embracing the weird wacky and outrageous! Crazier the better! haha! I may put a clean set of clothes in the lock up incase things get full on mental ha :D 

Any card can be used for buying tickets and there is no check. I used my  card to buy 4 tickets at the weekend, none of which were in my name and my name and address appeared nowhere, so Grumpyhack for lead booker, leave his name and address at the bottom, and whichever card details are decided.

If I manage to get through I'll use my card, adnd GH and MJ can pay me back as I know my card number off by heart and much quicker

I'm hoping resale is not the 9th as thats Bank holiday here and I won't be glued to a PC - any other day and I'll glue myself as much as possible

3 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

You'll be all set for views then !

I'd also recommend an Arcadia show, we accidentally caught a full showing of the Metamorphosis show which was outstanding, so different to when they have djs up in the spider...it blew us away, full on half hour theatrical performance, if you can avoid watching a YouTube clip then the surprise of it all is so much better :)

Ive made a note to try catch an arcadia show! any idea if they do them at set times? every night? 

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Ive made a note to try catch an arcadia show! any idea if they do them at set times? every night? 

Arcadia is brilliant! Yes watch the show if you can, they were at 11pm friday/sat/sun last year I think. 

A change of clothes in a more central lock up is a good idea, especially if you're staying inWV as I believe the trek there is quite long, so no popping home for a jumper!! 

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Yes, Arcadia have specific set times (the area runs Fri-Sun) finishing at 0300h. It is fab, but sound is best inside the legs!

Ben

1 minute ago, mr gumby said:

Oh, come on!

Bloody hell that's got to be a record for a gumby appearance!! Haha! 

8 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I think so, sure someone with more years under their belt can confirm but I think when the set times are announced then their running times include their shows...I think :)

I'm so fucking excited, 8 weeks and we'll have done a day already so really it's nearly 7 weeks away eeeeekkkkk (well I'll have done 2 days because we go Tues for campervan fields :) )

Jealous! haha we going to try get their as early as possible on wed morning! These 8 weeks are going to drag! haha luckily I have an amsterdam trip a couple of weeks before :)