NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, noplacelikehome said:

Hello hello, freezing in Manchester today.

Can I get this straight on tickets as although I can stump up for 2 I don't think I will have available funds for 4 in one go, is MJ happy to use his card details for the other 3, oh I am getting a bit confused...

I am also confused! I can't cover any of it, I am skinty broke broke! 

13 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hello hello, freezing in Manchester today.

Can I get this straight on tickets as although I can stump up for 2 I don't think I will have available funds for 4 in one go, is MJ happy to use his card details for the other 3, oh I am getting a bit confused...

Are MJ and Grumpy combining into 1 group of 4? I thought GH had 4 already.

3 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Are MJ and Grumpy combining into 1 group of 4? I thought GH had 4 already.

Grumpy and 2 friends, plus MJ makes 4.  Grumpy says he's happy to be the lead booker as MJ will  be out of the country until 21st June so sending on the tickets might be an issue.  So we need Grumpy's card details.  It's much simpler to do the booking if the lead booker's payment details are used (though I could bung it on my credit card and get some clubcard points!)

Just now, dizzymoo said:

Grumpy and 2 friends, plus MJ makes 4.  Grumpy says he's happy to be the lead booker as MJ will  be out of the country until 21st June so sending on the tickets might be an issue.  So we need Grumpy's card details.  It's much simpler to do the booking if the lead booker's payment details are used (though I could bung it on my credit card and get some clubcard points!)

Cheers, I'm back on the same page. Sorry, my professionalism in my new job makes use of inane clichés mandatory.

Can you or someone please PM me the new group details via here or FB and I'll check with GH on his card details.

Just now, carlosj said:

Cheers, I'm back on the same page. Sorry, my professionalism in my new job makes use of inane clichés mandatory.

Can you or someone please PM me the new group details via here or FB and I'll check with GH on his card details.

I can PM you.  I don't have Grumpy's card details though, so would appreciate those if he's prepared to cover all the tickets.  In case you missed it this link to the booking page is still live

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001

It won't let you buy tickets but you can put reg details in (Grumpy's first, obvs),  press proceed and then fields should autofill if you get through when the sale's on.  Saves a lot of stress with shaky fingers! (Sorry if you know all this already, just trying to maximise chances for those still in need)

5 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I can PM you.  I don't have Grumpy's card details though, so would appreciate those if he's prepared to cover all the tickets.  In case you missed it this link to the booking page is still live

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017/worthy-farm/1100001

It won't let you buy tickets but you can put reg details in (Grumpy's first, obvs),  press proceed and then fields should autofill if you get through when the sale's on.  Saves a lot of stress with shaky fingers! (Sorry if you know all this already, just trying to maximise chances for those still in need)

Cheers for that, I'll try it with my phone, never had details to use on a phone before. I'll ask GH to contact you directly, I don't want to put helpers in the awkward position of deciding who can be given card details, which is why I didn't ask you for them originally.

1 minute ago, carlosj said:

Cheers for that, I'll try it with my phone, never had details to use on a phone before. I'll ask GH to contact you directly, I don't want to put helpers in the awkward position of deciding who can be given card details, which is why I didn't ask you for them originally.

Good thinking.  We are all lovely people, but I'd want to know who had my card details!

Afternoon all - bit nippy here. One moment there's a round orange thing in the sky, and the next there are white hard lumps of ice falling downwards - its mad mad mad

I have once again got a registration page on my screen prefilled - just wishful thinking I suppose - and I shall do the same daily if I can

Reg details for GH and MJ also taped to my PC so no stumbling around when the signal comes loud and clear

Have a great afternoon all

FFxx

4 hours ago, carlosj said:

Morning all, fine sunny day in Leeds. Not much time for posting as it's been manic in the new job and I have to pretend to be professional (difficult) and focussed (impossible), hence trying to avoid being on the phone. However, I'm wfh today after the dentist's. Ugh. Tooth extraction. I also saw Paul Heaton* in the waiting room!!!

*Just not that Paul Heaton.

20 years ago when my peers were at Uni in Leeds there was this girl - whose name i have long forgotten, though S2H may recall - who was obsessed with all things Paul Heaton.

Fast forward 15 years or so and I was out with S2H's big brother

"remember that girl who was obsessed with Paul Heaton?  She's got a kid by him now"

true story

6 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

20 years ago when my peers were at Uni in Leeds there was this girl - whose name i have long forgotten, though S2H may recall - who was obsessed with all things Paul Heaton.

"remember that girl who was obsessed with Paul Heaton?  She's got a kid by him now"

true story

I really hope it wasn't the Paul Heaton I saw this morning, or she let herself down big time.

Biggest mistake for me at college was living along from the Adelphi in Hull and not going to see them.

10 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

true story

That's like the girl who said she'd marry Gary Numan. Then did! 

4 minutes ago, carlosj said:

I don't know. I've seen communication issues already, with breakfast requests being put in via eFest posts.

I think it's sweet! It's much nicer than your usual run of the mill soggy bullshit on FB!! 

Yes yes, I am SUCH an old romantic. BLEURGH. 

:)