NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Ok! give me some "MUST DO's" as this is my first rodeo....

I've been told a few little things, like... shangri heaven & snake pit, Rabbit hole, strummerville... etc... 

What are must do's and what is not worth bothering with? Get yours lists out for the lads! :D

I wouldn't really say there are any 'must dos', as everyone is different, and there really is something for everyone. 

If you're arriving Wednesday, I'd recommend getting to know a few of your camping neighbours, once your tent is up. Can't harm to have people around you knowing who's supposed to be going into your tent. Then maybe a wander round the site to get your bearings. My favourite places for Thursday are Avalon cafe, the greenfields, chilling on the hill above The Park, and of course the nfr meet! From Friday, it's really about where the music you want to hear is, unless there's a short while with nothing taking your fancy, in which case there are markets, bars, open spaces to relax, etc. If I find myself at a loose end, I often head towards the theatre and cabaret fields. Always something fun going on :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Shaun

I don't have page checkers (I'll look into it...!) but, at times, I obviously spend an unhealthy amount of time on here, so would be delighted at least to be in the gang to try to help you, should something go off and I am online and aware.

So, please PM me all details you need me to have and I'll try to get those elusive buggers for you too.

:)

Ben

All details now sent out to those that requested them. If I've missed anybody then drop me a line and I'll send them on. Ben, I'm unable to send you a pm for some reason? If you pm me, I'll reply with all the details. Thanks.:)

Is it wrong that I obsessively press proceed several times a night just in case there is a glitch in the matrix...:wacko:

IMG_1196.PNG

Edited by MilkyJoe

2 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

All details now sent out to those that requested them. If I've missed anybody then drop me a line and I'll send them on. Ben, I'm unable to send you a pm for some reason? If you pm me, I'll reply with all the details. Thanks.:)

Is it wrong that a press proceed several times a night just in case there is a glitch in the matrix...:wacko:

If you're ok to trust me with details (fully understand if not!) drop me a PM and I'll do what I can buddy

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

If you're ok to trust me with details (fully understand if not!) drop me a PM and I'll do what I can buddy

In for a penny Quark! I think you're a trusted enough member on here now and anybody that misuses my details should know that I have a particular set of skills and I will find them!:D

for some reason I'm unable to send pm's at the moment the address and subject box comes up but no message box? Anyway, drop me a pm mate and I'll get them over to you.:)

Shaun.

8 hours ago, Havors said:

I've been told a few little things, like... shangri heaven & snake pit, Rabbit hole, strummerville... etc... 

What are must do's and what is not worth bothering with? Get yours lists out for the lads! :D

First Glasto, Yeyyyy!

My advice for what it is worth is don't make a plan! I've only ever met one person that didn't really enjoy the experience and presumably it won't be your last Glastonbury.

Its big. Bloody big and there's no chance you'll see it all. Plenty of time for that, one persons must do is another persons meh. Just walk around, stop when you want to stop and see where it takes you. You'll have a blast. Just make sure you stop by here when it's all over and tell us how you got on.:)

Shaun.

8 hours ago, Havors said:

Ok, given this a bit of thought. I do like a list, me. These are recommendations rather than must dos, as everyone finds a way that works for them. This is number 6 and I'm still figuring it out.

First thing, accept that there will be stuff you don't see that you had planned. Shit gets derailed, don't beat yourself up a about it.

By the same token, some stuff you see will be shit. It just....will. Again, accept it and move on!

Now, the good shit :)

If you can, try to catch at least one thing on each of the 'main' stages. If there's nothing on you want to see early doors, use that as a chance to check out places that might not be your normal cup of tea like the Acoustic or Avalon.

If you hear or see something interesting, don't be afraid to stop and check it out. This is heresy to @bennyhana22, but you don't have to stick to a plan!

Share the wealth. I've met some cracking people and had a right old giggle that started by passing a smoke or a bottle of something to a stranger during a set. 

Wander the south east corner during the day when it opens. It'll give you a chance to get a very rough idea of layout while it's light and a bit empty, and you can enjoy all the installations a bit without massive crowds.

If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed (a lot of conversations on here about people with anxiety and the like) stopping somewhere like the Tiny Tea Tent to grab a cuppa and a sit down for 10 minutes is a lifesaver.

A lot of stuff seems like a bit of a cliche. Sunrise in the stone circle, walking to the Glastonbury sign on the hill without looking back, watching a headliner on the Pyramid. They're cliches for a reason; they're all bloody brilliant. Sure you may not want to do it every time you go back, but they are worthwhile on your first visit at least.

Just enjoy the ride :)

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Is it wrong that I obsessively press proceed several times a night just in case there is a glitch in the matrix...:wacko:

IMG_1196.PNG

Hi Shaun I keep pressing proceed too, just in case!  Just noticed you have yourself down as lead booker,  but I have Grumpyhack as lead.  Is there a concensus on this as it will  determine where tickets are sent?

4 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi Shaun I keep pressing proceed too, just in case!  Just noticed you have yourself down as lead booker,  but I have Grumpyhack as lead.  Is there a concensus on this as it will  determine where tickets are sent?

Hi Dizzy,

No you're correct, we are going with Grumpyhack as the lead booker with myself second. I was just ridiculously excited to see the booking page (first time I've seen it for 4 years!) I stuck my number down first in a panicky fit!:D

1 minute ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hi Dizzy,

No you're correct, we are going with Grumpyhack as the lead booker with myself second. I was just ridiculously excited to see the booking page (first time I've seen it for 4 years!) I stuck my number down first in a panicky fit!:D

I know what you mean - there's still that sense of disbelief when I see it.   Which is accurate I suppose, as It's not working... yet.

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ok, given this a bit of thought. I do like a list, me. These are recommendations rather than must dos, as everyone finds a way that works for them. This is number 6 and I'm still figuring it out.

First thing, accept that there will be stuff you don't see that you had planned. Shit gets derailed, don't beat yourself up a about it.

By the same token, some stuff you see will be shit. It just....will. Again, accept it and move on!

Now, the good shit :)

If you can, try to catch at least one thing on each of the 'main' stages. If there's nothing on you want to see early doors, use that as a chance to check out places that might not be your normal cup of tea like the Acoustic or Avalon.

If you hear or see something interesting, don't be afraid to stop and check it out. This is heresy to @bennyhana22, but you don't have to stick to a plan!

Share the wealth. I've met some cracking people and had a right old giggle that started by passing a smoke or a bottle of something to a stranger during a set. 

Wander the south east corner during the day when it opens. It'll give you a chance to get a very rough idea of layout while it's light and a bit empty, and you can enjoy all the installations a bit without massive crowds.

If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed (a lot of conversations on here about people with anxiety and the like) stopping somewhere like the Tiny Tea Tent to grab a cuppa and a sit down for 10 minutes is a lifesaver.

A lot of stuff seems like a bit of a cliche. Sunrise in the stone circle, walking to the Glastonbury sign on the hill without looking back, watching a headliner on the Pyramid. They're cliches for a reason; they're all bloody brilliant. Sure you may not want to do it every time you go back, but they are worthwhile on your first visit at least.

Just enjoy the ride :)

You missed out:

9. Pablo Honey.

;)

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Right, being a dunce. Where's the page to pre-populate the info for tix? Going to the seetickets page and can't find it

It's been taken down now Quark. It was this one:

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/addregistrations

I just have it permanently open on my phone.

*ignore me, I'm being an idiot again!

Edited by MilkyJoe
Muppetry!

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Right, filled in and ready to go. Have we got a whatsapp group for alerts or owt like that?

Not as far as I know mate, I think some people are using the page checkers though. I feel a bit useless there as I can't get text alerts where I'm at. I have siblin's email alerts but as I'm on night shifts I'm likely to be sleeping when any sale does go live.:(

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Not as far as I know mate, I think some people are using the page checkers though. I feel a bit useless there as I can't get text alerts where I'm at. I have siblin's email alerts but as I'm on night shifts I'm likely to be sleeping when any sale does go live.:(

Hello Milky Joe,

I wrote a long message to you and then before sending it I managed to lose the f'ing lot of what I had written. Anyway, I am committed to trying for someone else in the Secret Sales (they need two tickets). If people are able to buy 4 tickets in the Secret Sales (are they? Does anybody know?) then I could also try for two tickets for you. The problem would be that one of the party would have to stump up the cash for the other two and then get it back. Not too sure how you would feel about that. Let me know if I can help and I will. :)