NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Goslings dark rum mmmm from Bermuda , where the dark n stormy originated. I was out there for two weeks last year with work , they do frozen version mmmmm and a dark n very stormy which is made with ginger mmmm can't remember. What I do remember is  drinking far too many of them on Bermuda day, plus the ginger should go in first and then the rum and don't stir , and they sell Dark n stormy in cans (lush ) .... Oh and I don't think its legal in America (or somewhere ) to call a dark n stormy a dark n stormy unless it's made with goslings dark rum

thank goodness goslings is in the supermarket and I can keep a stock lol 

Is it too early for one now ? 

Tis correct Funkyfairy, Dark 'n' Stormy is a trademark in the US by the Goslins. Presumably you'd still be able to call it Dark & Stormy though?

And it's never too early!:)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

That's probably the whiskey Lucy! At a risk of incurring somebody's wrath it is an evil horrible drink!

It is. Everybody can stockpile their evil bottles of evil malt whisky and I will sacrifice my sanity and health getting rid of them for you all. I know, selfless giving.

Ok, in other news, thanks to Dizzy's link, I've got GH and MJ set up on the mobile page. I can't check on the website too frequently due to work being stricter but am happy to go in a WhatsApp group to get notified as well

9 hours ago, Drabod said:

I seem to lurk these forums far to much, So thought id have a post. This will be my second glasto, Im Rob and going with lewis lewis & lewis..... lol. The dreams have started lots.

Hello!

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Sailor jerry I'm sure was the only hangover in a bottle you can get in Ireland or a plethora of spiced rum. I want dark rum non spiced for stormy. Gingerbeer is plenty spice for that. 

Is ginger beer freely available around the site? 

I love a good rum but without the right mixer it can be lethal. I do like Kraken, lovely and dark.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

I love a good rum but without the right mixer it can be lethal. I do like Kraken, lovely and dark.

i had no problem buying rum and gingers around the site last year, but they were always on the pricey side.  dunno about ginger beer by itself though.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

There's a jerk chicken place think markets or west Holt's that has plenty available for a quid a can. Some of the veggie bus places have the organic stuff. So i tend to just grab a couple as i pass by. Limes, rum and drinking vessel with me. 

I wish I could like Kraken but I really don't have love for spiced rum. Prefer to add angostura bitters. 

55 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

There's a jerk chicken place think markets or west Holt's that has plenty available for a quid a can. Some of the veggie bus places have the organic stuff. So i tend to just grab a couple as i pass by. Limes, rum and drinking vessel with me. 

I wish I could like Kraken but I really don't have love for spiced rum. Prefer to add angostura bitters. 

Never tried adding those to rum, I'll probably decant a bottle of kraken into something plastic and then even if I don't find any mixer I can still have it straight. 

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Never tried adding those to rum, I'll probably decant a bottle of kraken into something plastic and then even if I don't find any mixer I can still have it straight. 

She's right, discovered adding bitters a few weeks ago and it makes a massive difference!

Off to see guardians later as well Georgie, looking forward to it!

Somehow managed to drag myself off to the Saturday morning 5km parkrun earlier. I seem to run faster with a hangover, managed to set a new PB :lol:

31 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

My friend mentioned that! Haha! 

A little more info, in case it tickles your fancy:

"Beside Knob Throwing there will be additional fun knob attractions including Knob Eating, Knob Painting, a Knob & Spoon Race, Guess the weight of the Big Knob, Knob Darts and a Knob Pyramid."

1 hour ago, mr gumby said:

A little more info, in case it tickles your fancy:

"Beside Knob Throwing there will be additional fun knob attractions including Knob Eating, Knob Painting, a Knob & Spoon Race, Guess the weight of the Big Knob, Knob Darts and a Knob Pyramid."

I say! 

16 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

No. But my knob's not being eaten, painted, tossed or weighed!

Give it time, you can write about that on the "In 8 weeks, I will be..." thread.