NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

16 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

can't wait to see this batman  belt of yours, Quark!

If I go full special ops and don't mind looking like an eedjit (which I don't) my belt has:

Water bottle, wallet chain, w*terproof, collapsible cup and map lanyard.

If I can find what I'm looking for it'll have a second chain with hip flask attached as well.

I have a history of dropping / losing / forgetting stuff, so I attach it all to myself. If it was in winter I would have glasto mittens on a string :lol:

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, fatyeti24 said:

yeah.. Angkor Wat was cool.  i found Phnom Penh to be a bit sleazy.  they gave out leaflets at the airport on arrival reminding you that sex with children is a crime. 

Thanks. Looking at flying into Bangkok (cheap but a days travel to Siem Reap/Angor Wat), Siem Reap (easy) or Phnom Penh (same price as Siem Reap & not too bothered about visiting there).

Sihanoukville & Koh Rong on the itinery.

I'm not going to have sex with children.

3 hours ago, Bisque said:

Anyone been to Cambodia? I have that awful expression known as "wanderlust" at the moment.

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Not I, have  feeling Gumby has? I may be wrong! 

I don't get the wanderlust thing. I mean, I understand it, I don't have it! I like a holiday but I love being at home. 

I have indeed, but just Siem Reap / Angkor. Fab place.

I didn't have sex with anybody. Far too bloody warm!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I've got a lightweight Tog24 hiking waterproof. Big plus for me is that it rolls up nicely and its little carry sack has a belt loop, so it just sits in th back of my belt out of the way and if I choose to have a lie down it's a good little pillow.

EDIT: the only use it will get this year is as a pillow, obviously. Because it's going to be a scorcher.

Is it 100% waterproof and where is it from? This may be an alternative to disposable if it packs small enough! I have a bum bag and attached to that will be a water pouch (filled with cherry bakewell of course), a tiny torch and my packaway rucksack when I've got my hoody on and drank all the drink! 

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Is it 100% waterproof and where is it from? This may be an alternative to disposable if it packs small enough! I have a bum bag and attached to that will be a water pouch (filled with cherry bakewell of course), a tiny torch and my packaway rucksack when I've got my hoody on and drank all the drink! 

Pretty much as I recall. I got it from somewhere like Blacks years ago, did the job walking the Lakes in September one year! I'll see if I can find it online

Well lovelies. I've had a very productive day. I went to work for a nice little 6 hour shift. Had lunch with a friend. Went to see the dr (after saying for the past 7 years that I need to go about my sore knees) and I'm off for an X-ray tomorrow. Spent an hour on the phone to Sky and got my bill reduced from £120pcm to £38.50 with an upgrade to super max wifi. And done the alcohol shopping where I was asked for ID!! And the sun is shining and the birds are singing. What's not to love this glorious Wednesday B)

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Pretty much as I recall. I got it from somewhere like Blacks years ago, did the job walking the Lakes in September one year! I'll see if I can find it online

I e looked on tog24 website and can't find any PAC a macs 

I do love a good poncho rather than a rainmac, although have seen a rather nice metallic rain mac which may have to be bought

On the poncho side, my spotty one is now splitting :-(, has anyone seen any nice ones around - not one size fits all enormous man size as I've tried those and it looks as if I'm wearing a hot air balloon they are so huge and long

Thank you

17 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I do love a good poncho rather than a rainmac, although have seen a rather nice metallic rain mac which may have to be bought

On the poncho side, my spotty one is now splitting :-(, has anyone seen any nice ones around - not one size fits all enormous man size as I've tried those and it looks as if I'm wearing a hot air balloon they are so huge and long

Thank you

I'm not sure if these are nice or not (see below). I don't think they look very good quality though, but they may appeal. Or maybe not. 

http://www.escapade.co.uk/adult-costumes/fun/leopard-poncho-27608.asp?gclid=CjwKEAjw_6XIBRCisIGIrJeQ93oSJAA2cNtMNy0lZz-Gasyyr64dSqBJpjrwGKjCPWgodBV6CbFD9xoClKvw_wcB

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm not sure if these are nice or not (see below). I don't think they look very good quality though, but they may appeal. Or maybe not. 

http://www.escapade.co.uk/adult-costumes/fun/leopard-poncho-27608.asp?gclid=CjwKEAjw_6XIBRCisIGIrJeQ93oSJAA2cNtMNy0lZz-Gasyyr64dSqBJpjrwGKjCPWgodBV6CbFD9xoClKvw_wcB

mmm nice one Yog, although indeed the quality looks rather iffy, infact it doesnt even seem to have arm holes - how is one supposed to drink ones drink. Do love a poncho with a front pocket as well to rest aforementioned bottle/cup if need be - darn I am fussy about this poncho

30 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I saw a cute one on GoOutdoors website but couldn't find it in our local store, it had wellies all over it, advertised as women's so probably not a hot air balloon...this is what I was umm & ahhing over getting in addition to packamack, disposable ponchos & old walking/mountain type one, really do I need 4 different types of dry keeping clothing when in actual fact it's going to be wall to wall (or fence to fence :) ) sunshine 

Thanks I'll check it out :-)

8 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Evening all! Not posted in this thread for yonks. No way am I trawling through it all to catch up... Hope everyone is smiling, happy and healthy.

Cheers Sawdusty. :)

Just to let you know that I intend to call in on you to say hello. You have been warned. You may want to up your public liability insurance - just to be on the safe side. Only joking, I don't think I've got the strength to do a mad one this year. 

19 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Evening all! Not posted in this thread for yonks. No way am I trawling through it all to catch up... Hope everyone is smiling, happy and healthy.

Hi Dusty. I am indeed smiling, happy and healthy (well, apart from slightly dodgy knees). It's glastonbury in a minute!! See you on the farm dude 

6 hours ago, Bisque said:

Anyone been to Cambodia? I have that awful expression known as "wanderlust" at the moment.

I get that.  I get a travel magazine as a birthday subscription each year, for ideas and lots of pictures. But sorry, not been to Cambodia. Thinking of holidays is now making me sign up for job searches again, as I've dropped loads of days in the new job, and the racket to earn flexi time is impossible to win at.  Booked days off for Glastonbury though and will have to yomp up some time for other breaks as they're planned.

8 minutes ago, clucking said:

Hi everyone! Newly registered but very frequent lurker - esp with all the Glasto excitement really really kicking off.. nice to (virtually) meet you all :) 

Hi there clucking! And welcome to the madness! I take it you have tickets to the promised land? 

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hi there clucking! And welcome to the madness! I take it you have tickets to the promised land? 

Thank you! Yesss my other half and I both scored coach tickets, our second one this year (last year being the first) and itching to go back! 

6 minutes ago, clucking said:

Thank you! Yesss my other half and I both scored coach tickets, our second one this year (last year being the first) and itching to go back! 

Well we will pray to the weather gods extra hard that's it's a dry one for you! The m*d was awful last year but nice to know it didn't put a dampener on it for you. I think I/we feel rather privileged that your first post is in NFR! Obviously you have your priorities right :D

As the Eavii say after every festival... this is gonna be the best one yet!! 

45 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Cheers Sawdusty. :)

Just to let you know that I intend to call in on you to say hello. You have been warned. You may want to up your public liability insurance - just to be on the safe side. 

Please drop by, we're bombproof :) 

Be good to have a drink!

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

21 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

It would have been a bigger sacrifice if you had stood away from the sun shade!

sort it out old son...

Yak Yak Yakk..... Ahh but then I would have got water in my cider...... Isn't it old son