NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Evening all! Not posted in this thread for yonks. No way am I trawling through it all to catch up... Hope everyone is smiling, happy and healthy.

And how's your arm now? All good I hope?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Well we will pray to the weather gods extra hard that's it's a dry one for you! The m*d was awful last year but nice to know it didn't put a dampener on it for you. I think I/we feel rather privileged that your first post is in NFR! Obviously you have your priorities right :D

As the Eavii say after every festival... this is gonna be the best one yet!! 

Haha it was sooo bad, ended up being stuck in traffic for 9 hours before getting in at 3am on Wednesday night! But definitely didn't put a damper on, loved every second of the whole thing - including the traffic. Does it mean I can be optimistic about this year's weather..? 

12 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

@guypjfreak  Looking forward to seeing you. I'll make you a Bombardino if it is after dark :)

I'll definitely pop by old son any thing particular you would like me to pop in for you... Gonna get more calvados sent over from France and make up some jellys like last year.. 

Ask and you shall receive old son.. You know that..

Hows brillo btw... And you you OK . Not seen no pics this year.... Gx

Just now, clucking said:

Haha it was sooo bad, ended up being stuck in traffic for 9 hours before getting in at 3am on Wednesday night! But definitely didn't put a damper on, loved every second of the whole thing - including the traffic. Does it mean I can be optimistic about this year's weather..? 

Absolutely. Start by praying and then make some sacrifices to the weather gods! Buy waterproofs etc to appease them. It's got to be a dry one. Especially after last year! The gods must realise that no matter how much they throw at us, we will party and have the best time regardless so they may as well make it nice. Surely it's easier for them to make it sunny than to 'try' to make it not dry? (I'm guessing you know from lurking we done use the r**n word or anything associated with it round these parts? 

Evening all, nice to see you about Dusty hope the arm's all good now. And welcome Clucking; think it might soon be time to fire up the old virtual campfire for a collective cider /cherry bakewell / poison of choice :)

So I have to say, if you get a chance I heartily recommend you go and see Honeyblood. Feckin brilliant set for a Wednesday night, even if the Brighton crowd was quiet as a mime's funeral for most of it. Still managed to get a dance in!

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Evening all, nice to see you about Dusty hope the arm's all good now. And welcome Clucking; think it might soon be time to fire up the old virtual campfire for a collective cider /cherry bakewell / poison of choice :)

So I have to say, if you get a chance I heartily recommend you go and see Honeyblood. Feckin brilliant set for a Wednesday night, even if the Brighton crowd was quiet as a mime's funeral for most of it. Still managed to get a dance in!

Oh! I've never heard of honeyblood! I'll look into it Quark. Thanx

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm there with you!! They sound brilliant! Do you mean you saw them on a Wednesday night (tonight?) or they're playing on the Wednesday night? Or do you mean they're not playing glastonbury and you'd just recommend them? ... I just thought of the last option haha 

34 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Absolutely. Start by praying and then make some sacrifices to the weather gods! Buy waterproofs etc to appease them. It's got to be a dry one. Especially after last year! The gods must realise that no matter how much they throw at us, we will party and have the best time regardless so they may as well make it nice. Surely it's easier for them to make it sunny than to 'try' to make it not dry? (I'm guessing you know from lurking we done use the r**n word or anything associated with it round these parts? 

Haha had to pressure wash my poor wellies last year! 10000% agree, falling on my backside wearing white shorts had to be one of the funniest moments. You'd think it would be easier yes.. I have gathered that yes!! But thanks for the clarification anyway, could have made a blip without thinking there ;) 

17 minutes ago, Quark said:

and thank you :) yes maybe so!!

3 minutes ago, clucking said:

Haha had to pressure wash my poor wellies last year! 10000% agree, falling on my backside wearing white shorts had to be one of the funniest moments. You'd think it would be easier yes.. I have gathered that yes!! But thanks for the clarification anyway, could have made a blip without thinking there ;) 

and thank you :) yes maybe so!!

M*d shows up on any colour, white is perfectly acceptable haha. 

21 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm there with you!! They sound brilliant! Do you mean you saw them on a Wednesday night (tonight?) or they're playing on the Wednesday night? Or do you mean they're not playing glastonbury and you'd just recommend them? ... I just thought of the last option haha 

Just seen them tonight CG. Just released their second album. Two women from Glasgow I think; just the pair of them but bloody hell they make a racket! Drummer in particular is very good. Albums are really good but they're definitely one of those bands that ups it a notch live 

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just seen them tonight CG. Just released their second album. Two women from Glasgow I think; just the pair of them but bloody hell they make a racket! Drummer in particular is very good. Albums are really good but they're definitely one of those bands that ups it a notch live 

Little bit sad now. I originally thought you meant they were plying Wednesday. I thought they were too good for a Wed slot. Great vids to go with the music too 

6 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Little bit sad now. I originally thought you meant they were plying Wednesday. I thought they were too good for a Wed slot. Great vids to go with the music too 

Ah sorry CG :(

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Ah sorry CG :(

It's ok. I'd never heard of them and always on the lookout for new bands. I just got a little bit excited at the prospect. I think we're all like that at a little bit of (maybe) Glasto news. I was going to ask how you knew they were playing before I realised they probably weren't haha. Glad you've had a good time and had a bit of a dance! I wish I still lived down south. The live music scene is a lot better down there. I'll keep my eyes open for them tho and if you do hear they're playing glastonbury, let me know. Actually I think I've just presumed you live down south as the first video I saw looked like lulworth cove (even tho it isn't and the band are from Scotland). Where do you live? 

6 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It's ok. I'd never heard of them and always on the lookout for new bands. I just got a little bit excited at the prospect. I think we're all like that at a little bit of (maybe) Glasto news. I was going to ask how you knew they were playing before I realised they probably weren't haha. Glad you've had a good time and had a bit of a dance! I wish I still lived down south. The live music scene is a lot better down there. I'll keep my eyes open for them tho and if you do hear they're playing glastonbury, let me know. Actually I think I've just presumed you live down south as the first video I saw looked like lulworth cove (even tho it isn't and the band are from Scotland). Where do you live? 

I'm down near Brighton way. Used to do London for gigs but such a pain in the arse. Now discovered the joy of Brighton's numerous smaller venues with upcoming bands.

Think I'll end up back at the same place next Wednesday for Skinny Lister...

29 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm down near Brighton way. Used to do London for gigs but such a pain in the arse. Now discovered the joy of Brighton's numerous smaller venues with upcoming bands.

Think I'll end up back at the same place next Wednesday for Skinny Lister...

Ooh I love a bit of skinny lister! He's playing glastonbury tho isn't he? He's on my Spotify list so I'm sure I've read it somewhere. 

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I heard of Honeyblood recently and liked the sound of them. They're gigging this month, then they've got one odd date in mid June, then another in late July. I reckon there's a good chance of some festival dates, otherwise those odd dates look a bit random, so I'm hopeful :)

4 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I heard of Honeyblood recently and liked the sound of them. They're gigging this month, then they've got one odd date in mid June, then another in late July. I reckon there's a good chance of some festival dates, otherwise those odd dates look a bit random, so I'm hopeful :)

They're playing Bestival and Reading, didn't say anything about Glastonbury last night but still a possibility. I'd definitely watch them again.

Anybody else find themselves everyday the weather is nice saying to themselves.... this would be perfect for Glasto... I hope its like this for Glasto....

I am becoming obsessed :D Today is gorgeous in Liverpool... Im praying to the flying spaghetti monster the weather is like this for 5 days straight 21st-25th June :D 

40 minutes ago, Havors said:

Anybody else find themselves everyday the weather is nice saying to themselves.... this would be perfect for Glasto... I hope its like this for Glasto....

I am becoming obsessed :D Today is gorgeous in Liverpool... Im praying to the flying spaghetti monster the weather is like this for 5 days straight 21st-25th June :D 

I reckon we need some good weather before the festival too! We had a bit of r**n during the festival last year, and obviously I'm not condoning that, but we've had far worse in recent years and the site coped pretty well with it. It was all the r**n in the few weeks before that really buggered it up last year!

So, please weather gods, pretty please, a completely dry June, if you would be so kind :)

Lovely day here too. I'm heading out for some tapas this evening. 
Need to air the tent at some stage, I really want a new one, the Vango Beta is struggling a bit, but we think it's got one last Glastonbury and a summers worth of camping left yet. I do love that tent.