NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

Hi everyone,

as my holiday to Bali is coming to a close I've been catching up as a silent lurker on efests in my downtime (everywhere has ropey Wi-Fi).

It's great to see everyone trying to help each other out & slagging off Silver Hayes.

Not much to report other than I'm having a Bintang by the pool (just gone 12 here) & I've got the shits. Will probably be the same case come Glastonbury.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Quark said:

Ok, given this a bit of thought. I do like a list, me. These are recommendations rather than must dos, as everyone finds a way that works for them. This is number 6 and I'm still figuring it out.

First thing, accept that there will be stuff you don't see that you had planned. Shit gets derailed, don't beat yourself up a about it.

By the same token, some stuff you see will be shit. It just....will. Again, accept it and move on!

Now, the good shit :)

If you can, try to catch at least one thing on each of the 'main' stages. If there's nothing on you want to see early doors, use that as a chance to check out places that might not be your normal cup of tea like the Acoustic or Avalon.

If you hear or see something interesting, don't be afraid to stop and check it out. This is heresy to @bennyhana22, but you don't have to stick to a plan!

Share the wealth. I've met some cracking people and had a right old giggle that started by passing a smoke or a bottle of something to a stranger during a set. 

Wander the south east corner during the day when it opens. It'll give you a chance to get a very rough idea of layout while it's light and a bit empty, and you can enjoy all the installations a bit without massive crowds.

If you're feeling a bit overwhelmed (a lot of conversations on here about people with anxiety and the like) stopping somewhere like the Tiny Tea Tent to grab a cuppa and a sit down for 10 minutes is a lifesaver.

A lot of stuff seems like a bit of a cliche. Sunrise in the stone circle, walking to the Glastonbury sign on the hill without looking back, watching a headliner on the Pyramid. They're cliches for a reason; they're all bloody brilliant. Sure you may not want to do it every time you go back, but they are worthwhile on your first visit at least.

Just enjoy the ride :)

Sounds like my plan will be to pick one or two acts I really want to see and the rest of the time get lost and have some shenanigans :)

6 hours ago, Bisque said:

Hi everyone,

as my holiday to Bali is coming to a close I've been catching up as a silent lurker on efests in my downtime (everywhere has ropey Wi-Fi).

It's great to see everyone trying to help each other out & slagging off Silver Hayes.

Not much to report other than I'm having a Bintang by the pool (just gone 12 here) & I've got the shits. Will probably be the same case come Glastonbury.

If you find anywhere selling Bintang at Glastonbury, I want to know about it!

19 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

It's new car day. I've spent the last 2 hours looking for the log book. I have now found the log book. Off to the garage I go. 

Oooh! I might need a new car soon. EEK. I'm only on my second car, I've had it 9 years! It is 19 years old! 

Good luck with yours! :)

New car is fab!  At the sisters, both babies have chicken pox. Smallest one just fell onto a tiled floor and has a bump on her head. It's bedlam here. Picking up her laundry then going to visit the grandpapa and lending his shredder. The amount of old paperwork I found when looking for the log book is unreal! A night of shredding is in order. And wine. A night of shredding with wine. 

17 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

New car is fab!  At the sisters, both babies have chicken pox. Smallest one just fell onto a tiled floor and has a bump on her head. It's bedlam here. Picking up her laundry then going to visit the grandpapa and lending his shredder. The amount of old paperwork I found when looking for the log book is unreal! A night of shredding is in order. And wine. A night of shredding with wine. 

Shredding with wine sounds very therapeutic! If I was nearer I'd offer to join you!!! 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Phew, I thought you had bad exzema and was shedding tonight. Take care with alcohol and machinery ;-)

Edited by carlosj

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

I'm off to a place in that there London called the Rum Kitchen. I'll report back when my thumbs work again... :P

Enjoy yourself Quark, though that may be impaired if your thumbs don't work.. ;)

I was just looking at the 'best opening 3 tracks of an album' thread, and struggled to recognise most of the bands/albums from the song titles.  I am so ignorant.

Hope you're all gearing up for a great bank hol weekend.  Off to a 'comedy night' in the village hall tonight.  I'm not optimistic there'll be much hilarity, but it's for charity so hopefully the audience won't be too savage. 

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Hell's bells @H.M.V this is so far up your street it's unbelievable. They've got so many rums they have them categorised by country on the 6 fucking shelves of them!

They do a mean dark and stormy ;)

You and H.M.V. are going to have to educate me on this dark and stormy business. Rum is one area of booziness I don't know much about, even though I like it.