NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Says the man with cream splurged willy nilly all over his jam.

Willy nilly is a phrase I shall use more at work in the coming weeks. It's appropriate at the moment.

I'm also going to pointedly ignore your scone-based heresy.

5 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Mr Hack , do you need to go onto my secret sale list as well along with milkyjoe ? Send me reg details and postcode(s) if you want to go in the list xxx 

I'll see if I can pass them on this week from the list I have. Thanks.

The rest of you, what on earth, you weirdos? Butter, cream, margarine? Don't spread it on no willy nilly, it's yuck. Fresh bread, scone, hot cross buns, all good without spreads. Also, BBQ sauce on sausages, blue sky thinking.

Just now, Quark said:

The hell?! In a sandwich? Sugary pish, get tae fuck!!

Like we don't have enough arguments going on without that going in the mix!!

G'wan away with you.

B

B

Q

But not on the scone, obvs.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

The hell?! In a sandwich? Sugary pish, get tae fuck!!

Like we don't have enough arguments going on without that going in the mix!!

Just back from choir via the pub, good to see all is peace and love...!  How is bbq sauce substantially different from ketchup in terms of acceptability in a sausage sandwich?

I will also rub it in as QOTSA were a highlight for me in 2011 too. 

@carlosj I can also try for Grumpyhack if you send me his details.  I'll  be trying for Milky Joe too if I can.

57 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Just had a request through to the NFR NFC Facebook group and the Camp Ralph group?  Anyone from here?

There's a Facebook Group???

Just found it and joined. I have serious fomo.

We had snow yesterday evening. @fatyeti24 is wearing a woolly hat. I'm afraid to get out of bed cos it's cold. I'm also consoling the dogs who are frightened of all the noisy drilling downstairs. They have some kind of jack hammer dismantling a concrete unfinished bath. Bbbrrrrr

Apple fucking sauce in a sandwich. I think we need to bring back the cone of shame. Jesus. That's worthy of a Ramsey rant. 

Good morning lovelies! I'm sorry, I had to take a day off here yesterday while I was wallowing in self pity and if I'm honest being quite, (very) pissed off at myself for making such a basic schoolboy mistake in forgetting to put my postcode up on Sunday morning. I've been doing this long enough that I really should know better! The thought that I could have had my ticket sorted was making me a bit down. I also had a long flight to catch yesterday evening which put me out of action for the rest of the day and night as I sat there getting twatted on complimentary wine!:(

First of all, I'd like to thank you all so much for the messages of support I have received since Sunday morning, special mentions to @H.M.V, @noplacelikehome, @Funkyfairy!, (you're right, we had a lovely chat late on at the efests meet last year when I was feeling a little unsure of myself in my first solo year)! @Quark, @Curlygirl@Yoghurt on a Stick, @dizzymoo, @naughtygeorgie, @vintagelaureate I've probably missed a few off there which I apologise for but you all know who you are and it is hugely appreciated.:wub:  I'll be messaging you all with my full details (including postcode) in the hope that I can still make it to the party!

For those that don't know me, I work away from the UK for long periods at a time and I had to fly out to work on Sunday. This will mean I'm away for the next 8 weeks, only due to return on the 21st June. I still fully intend coming to Glastonbury if I can get a ticket and I'm sorry for pleading but that's where you all come in. Sadly my wifi isn't brilliant on our boat and coupled with the fact I have no phone signal and may very well be on night shift for the next 56 days, I may not be able to do much myself with regards to any 'secret' resales that will occur in the coming weeks. As above I will be sending messages to all those that have offered help but if anybody else would like to get behind Team Shaun then feel free to send me a pm and I'll let you have my details.

Thank you all again. Much love,

Shaun.

Oh I forgot to mention, loving all the ginger love a few pages back and why not just cut the fucking scone in half, put jam on one half, cream on the other and put it back together then you're not spreading anything on anything else. Or something...