NFR NFC 2017 - The friendly thread for lovely people

Quark

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

How did this happen? How do you just 'happen' to have dinner with Michael Eavis??? And why when you've quoted my post does it say starved struck? :rofl:

it was an evening locally for michael eavis questions and dinner for a rotary club charity function , I went with a friend and when we got there the lady who had organised it said because I had sounded so nice on the phone she had put us on the top table with Michael Eavis and this sir something or other (I could give a shit who he was , it could have been Prince Charles and I wouldn't have even noticed !!)   

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

it was an evening locally for michael eavis questions and dinner for a rotary club charity function , I went with a friend and when we got there the lady who had organised it said because I had sounded so nice on the phone she had put us on the top table with Michael Eavis and this sir something or other (I could give a shit who he was , it could have been Prince Charles and I wouldn't have even noticed !!)   

I bet! Wow, lucky you. He seems such a lovely jolly fellow! 

Just now, Lucy92 said:

Totally asking for myself too :P but don't wanna seem a desperate fan girl of the eevii 

I'm not ashamed to shout from the rooftops haha! I'd leave all my mates behind to fraternise with the Eavii!! Like a bloody shot! Emily reads these forums... Em sweet... fancy a cider? I'm buying :rolleyes:

He is , I just couldn't believe his genuine interest in our opinions of the festival that 100,s of thousands people have attended over the years 

Because anyone that has ever attended is in love with the festival perhaps. He loves to make us happy. I love that about him! 

Just now, Curlygirl said:

Because anyone that has ever attended is in love with the festival perhaps. He loves to make us happy. I love that about him! 

he does lots of talks around the country and locally so if I hear of one I will pm you , you might not get to sit with him but is being in the same room close ?

he does lots of talks around the country and locally so if I hear of one I will pm you , you might not get to sit with him but is being in the same room close ?

Very! Tho I live way up North so probably wouldn't make a 'down south' talk. I work loads to get time off for the festival and recovery. Thanx x

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

Oh wow!! I'd be surely star struck. I would love to meet the legend that is Michael Eavis! You know the 'which 3 people would you have to dinner' convo? Michael and Emily are definitely 2 of those. How did you just happen to speak to him? What's your story Ommadawn? 

No story really. I do some work for him occasionally and know him socially. He's a nice guy.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

That's very cool! I've managed to high five him at one fest and shake his hand at another. I was so star struck all I manged to say was "thanks for the party!"

11 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm not ashamed to shout from the rooftops haha! I'd leave all my mates behind to fraternise with the Eavii!! Like a bloody shot! Emily reads these forums... Em sweet... fancy a cider? I'm buying :rolleyes:

We met Emily in 2010 at the festival, at the cream tea place in the Greenfields! We were waiting for our scones, and she sat on the table next to us! My sister and I were a bit starstruck (ok, a lot!) and one of our friends just said hello to Emily and she said hello back and asked us if we were having a nice time! My sister had her picture taken with her :) She was really lovely, I loved that the first thing she said was "are you having a nice time"! 

19 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

We met Emily in 2010 at the festival, at the cream tea place in the Greenfields! We were waiting for our scones, and she sat on the table next to us! My sister and I were a bit starstruck (ok, a lot!) and one of our friends just said hello to Emily and she said hello back and asked us if we were having a nice time! My sister had her picture taken with her :) She was really lovely, I loved that the first thing she said was "are you having a nice time"! 

My response would have been almost entirely dictated by which order they put jam and cream on my scone.

18 minutes ago, Quark said:

My response would have been almost entirely dictated by which order they put jam and cream on my scone.

Ah well, you do it yourself because they give you scones, a pot of jam, and a pot of cream. AND tea in a real teapot. All proper crockery too, and proper cake forks if you have cake, and proper butter knives to spread your jam and cream. 

It's bloody lovely, and a bit of a Thursday Tradition for our lot! 

For the record, I'm a cream then jam girl. Finbarr that! Ha! :)

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

No F**kin Rain, No F**kin Compromise. 

Where sacrifices throughout the year are made to the Weather Gods, in the hope that they will reward us with a dry festival :) 

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy, I can't believe you would make such a basic and vulgar mistake.  It is, of course:

No Fucking R**n, No Fucking Compromise.

:D

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

No F**kin Rain, No F**kin Compromise. 

Where sacrifices throughout the year are made to the Weather Gods, in the hope that they will reward us with a dry festival :) 

haha love it! ok who do I have to kill for no rain?? im in haha

Hi all,

Hope the weekend went well, I briefly popped on to help on Thursday and Sunday but had no luck, we did get the two tickets required so more people can join us at the festival :)

Welcome @Havors! I wouldn't say you have to kill anyone, just maybe have a r**ned out BBQ or two :D 

The weather gods will be nice this year, I'm sure of it!