West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have been mentioned numerous times, but how good were Dakhabrakha?!

As much fun as you can get on a Friday.

Nearly went to the funk all dayer in the Shangri La, but decided as I wanted to see ZZ top, Id stay a bit closer. What a great decision to watch them. Thanks to whoever posted the video to Vesna. That's all I knew of them.

Ive seen the iplayer set back 3 times.

Get them back!

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

They have been mentioned numerous times, but how good were Dakhabrakha?!

As much fun as you can get on a Friday.

Nearly went to the funk all dayer in the Shangri La, but decided as I wanted to see ZZ top, Id stay a bit closer. What a great decision to watch them. Thanks to whoever posted the video to Vesna. That's all I knew of them.

Ive seen the iplayer set back 3 times.

Get them back!

Dakhabrakha the only band I saw and subsequently bought their album. Regretting missing Michael Kiwanuka though as his new album is excellent. 

19 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I hereby grass up Badlands (seems unnecessary).

Thanks. I wouldn't normally bother with this sort of thing. I just found it a bit of an odd one.

Hey Badlands, out of interest, why the downvote!? 

46 minutes ago, sime said:

Thanks. I wouldn't normally bother with this sort of thing. I just found it a bit of an odd one.

Hey Badlands, out of interest, why the downvote!? 

19 hours ago, Badlands said:

It wasn't done intentionally. Beef with neither the poster nor the acts mentioned. I'll rectify.

Downvoting Amy though for being such a bad, bad grass!

There ya go xx

Has anyone said The Roots yet?  If not:

The Roots

Can I also request Earthless somewhere on the bill, sorta kinda could fit WH for its bluesy psychedelia kraut rock influences (if Goat can go there)... or The Park, or The Glade (given Ozrics played there) I'm not fussy.

16 hours ago, HoTWire said:

Has anyone said The Roots yet?  If not:

The Roots

Can I also request Earthless somewhere on the bill, sorta kinda could fit WH for its bluesy psychedelia kraut rock influences (if Goat can go there)... or The Park, or The Glade (given Ozrics played there) I'm not fussy.

Earthless yes please! Haven't heard anything by then since Rhythms from a Cosmic Sky. Which I loved. 

Any of their newer stuff any use?

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In the spirit of continuing to throw names into the hat (without much idea of whether or not they can (still) cut the mustard live or not):

Fred Wesley and the New JBs

Albeit, I saw the Fredster about 4 or 5 years ago and it was a hoot, albeit a very drunken one from my side.

Presume he plays shitload of golden era James Brown stuff?

Not much love for Bixiga 70 on here, I had such a good time watching those. 

Hip-hop aside, I'm rarely knowledgeable enough on the WH genres to suggest acts. More than happy to get my ears into recommendations and stuff that pops up on the lineup. 

I find jazz/funk, world music much easier to hear live without knowing the stuff compared to your usual guitar stuff.