West Holts 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Do Jamiroquai have any plans to do anything?

No... but they should!

If any act at all could pull serious coin in today's pseudo-nostalgic festival scene then it'd be friggin' Jay Kay and the gang. It's just barmy that no promoters are cashing in on this right now.

yep been expecting Basement Jaxx to pop up on West Holts the last couple of festivals. would be a great way to end a night

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

No... but they should!

If any act at all could pull serious coin in today's pseudo-nostalgic festival scene then it'd be friggin' Jay Kay and the gang. It's just barmy that no promoters are cashing in on this right now.

new album apparently due this winter so if the festival is ever gonna book em then next year seems like the perfect time. honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Bestival nab em as a headliner though

this years festival has only just ended and i'm already fearing the possible clashes from acts that could be touring/playing the festival next year :lol:

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I think that is the slot for her now, just gotta wait for Glastonbury to cross her path or something...

Personally I couldn't see Bjork anyway else then Pyramid  or Other. Didn't she sub on one of those the other year?

If this year is to go buy then there could be a good chance that a couple of Worldy acts playing WOMAD this year could make it to WH next. This year DarkaBrakha and Mbwongwa Star fell into that category

So picking a completely random name - Les Amazones d'Afrique

5 minutes ago, Digital Monkey (Womad) said:

Personally I couldn't see Bjork anyway else then Pyramid  or Other. Didn't she sub on one of those the other year?

headlined Other in 2007. i reckon she could probably still headline Other now, but it wouldn't be too great of a crowd and she'd fair much better on West Holts. a WH Bjork set would be incredible

5 hours ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Apparently they are planning on putting a band together to tour next year and play actually live shows. Couldn't do it this year because of problems with Visas so had to throw together a DJ set at the last minute. Saw them at Field Day and it was on of the best DJ sets I've seen.

Real question is would they sub WH or be big enough to headline? They played a tent at Field Day and it didn't seem that full. Although I was near the front so couldn't really tell.

emily is clearly a fan, so fingers crossed 

Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 23.20.44.png

Edited by AdamWillingham

58 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Yes Basement Jaxx would be brilliant. Have never seen them live before but always wanted to.

Saw them at Kendall a couple of years ago ang they totally smashed it

Not a headliner, but Lila Downs is starting to cross over from the world niche into a genuine mainstream popularity so now might be a good time to nab her.

The live show sounds like a belter.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jun/02/lila-downs-review-mexican-american-singer-royal-festival-hall-london

47 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have they performed at all since Jam Master Jay was killed?

They played at the end of 2002, then once again in 2007, and from 2012 have been playing roughly 2 festivals each year. None in the UK though I don't think, but in Europe and the States. They played as recently as last month!

Rev Run also did some solo touring 3/4 years ago, although I'm not sure what he was playing at his shows, I guess most likely was simply a DJ set.

I'm not expecting it to happen, nor do I believe it to be very likely - but I really hope the festival can make it happen. Would be a perfect West Holts headliner IMO :)

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She played Bestival last year, didn't she?

Would be interested to hear how it went down - I believe previous UK gigs have been more like PAs than incendiary live shows.

I went to Todd Terje before her so only caught the last half hour. She was good. My girlfriend watched the whole set and she loved it. Apparently she don't play many gigs over here so was supposed to have been a real coup for the festival.