Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Don't know if anyone saw this, but would this make it more likely James Blake is the sub headline before Radiohead?

IMG_8298.PNG

Ah :(

Yes, almost certainly then.

Artists will often only sign up to festivals if their tour support can sub them (just for travel arrangements and costs mainly).

James Blake won't sub Radiohead. Lorde was the biggest act in that announcement.  The only way he'll play just before Radiohead is if OATW plays after Radiohead but I dont see it.   I believe James Blake will sub the Barn so he wont clash with Radiohead. 

I think Friday is missing at least one tents headliners, Saturday two and Sunday main stage sub is missing too. Thursday is still unclear. 

17 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

James Blake won't sub Radiohead. Lorde was the biggest act in that announcement.  The only way he'll play just before Radiohead is if OATW plays after Radiohead but I dont see it.   I believe James Blake will sub the Barn so he wont clash with Radiohead. 

I think Friday is missing at least one tents headliners, Saturday two and Sunday main stage sub is missing too. Thursday is still unclear. 

We seem to be missing dance-act as well, unless it's Chainsmokers and Soulwax. Most of us thought Major Lazer was pretty much nailed on after their MSF announcement....

James blake only supports radiohead on the gig in italy so far... so not really touring with them. It could be a package deal, but it has been said here that the bands coming with the headliners usually come to play in afternoon spots on the main stage, not on really important spots.

Whatever the arrangment is, I don't care as long as I can see them both.

I think the criticism for this last announcement is harsh. Of course, it has two us rappers, but they really are already established, not some cheap beginners, altough I don't like any of them too much . Also, jimmy eat world is certainly a bigger name internationally than any of the names announced last week. Imo, this announcement has been clearly stronger than last week's.

17 minutes ago, Gossard said:

We seem to be missing dance-act as well, unless it's Chainsmokers and Soulwax. Most of us thought Major Lazer was pretty much nailed on after their MSF announcement....

Chainsmokers clearly the dance closers. However, I start to doubt we will get another tent headliner on the Thursday. We certainly miss too many big names based on our predictions (on Saturday especially) and at this rate of announcemets the missing tent headliners spots won't fill. It's possible we will see prophets of rage in the barn and lorde in the klub c.

I remember looking on the ML tour dates and based on that they could only play on Sunday (which I doubt). I don't think we will see them.

Edited by neacaisa

14 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

What the hell is actually wrong with some of you? Chucking neg rep at someone who is talking up the lineup ... yet all too quiet to speak up ... what a bunch of weirdos

...... sorry should read all comments before saying anythin rash :(

Edited by SilverLining

1 minute ago, SilverLining said:

gonna say this for everyone else... fuck off.

Please don't go down to his level....

3 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Radiohead's tour was booked in two years ago, so highly doubt the agreement would have included Blake having to sub as a condition, it's probably more convenience for all parties to have him on the bill. That being said I could easily see him doing it.

I couldn't name one song with James Blake. I've heard the name but that's it....I really hope he's not our sub for Friday

16 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

James blake only supports radiohead on the gig in italy so far... so not really touring with them. It could be a package deal, but it has been said here that the bands coming with the headliners usually come to play in afternoon spots on the main stage, not on really important spots.

Whatever the arrangment is, I don't care as long as I can see them both.

I think the criticism for this last announcement is harsh. Of course, it has two us rappers, but they really are already established, not some cheap beginners, altough I don't like any of them too much . Also, jimmy eat world is certainly a bigger name internationally than any of the names announced last week. Imo, this announcement has been clearly stronger than last week's.

He also plays the main stage in Opene'r two days before RW, most likely opening for Radiohead.

The last announcement also has one local rapper (or rap influenced musician) who probably won't appeal to foreign visitors, in addition to last week's Rae Sremmurd. In my opinion, there are much more interesting hip hop artists touring around who haven't been announced yet, such as Run The Jewels, A Tribe Called Quest and Anderson .Paak, so I wonder if the festival will book so many hip hop acts. 

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Please don't go down to his level....

I couldn't name one song with James Blake. I've heard the name but that's it....I really hope he's not our sub for Friday

If James Blake was booked in 2015, then they shouldn't have booked him last year. 

He's a great artist but the main stage in Werchter isn't the right atmosphere for his show.

I always look for festival videos of acts instead of just songs because I find they're usually very different live...

Here's James Blake at Roskilde

I can imagine we can expect something similar :)
The more I watch the more I think (hope) Klub C headliner rather than Main Stage...

Edited by jlillycrop

Not very excited with this announcement. JEW and Rateliff are clearly not my thing but the hip/hop acts are ok for me. But when we have in our country Romeo Elvis, Coely, Damso or Woodie Smalls, and I look at Tourist leMC, it's just a shame. 5 belgian bands, 5 flemish bands in this case it's logical to consider this terrible singer. Very sad for Ghinzu, Brns, Girls in Hawaii, and Roscoe who are realy beast in live (and for me more interesting on stage than Warhaus or Bazart). If Werchter must go on with bands from the north I hope they opt for real «rock» bands like Black box revelation, school is cool, intergalactic lovers, Deus (why not?), Hooverphonic, Van Jets,... 

8 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

I always look for festival videos of acts instead of just songs because I find they're usually very different live...

Here's James Blake at Roskilde

I can imagine we can expect something similar :)
The more I watch the more I think (hope) Klub C headliner rather than Main Stage...

He was there last year, on Thursday, and I heard the tent wasn't even packed. Also, he shouldn't clash with Radiohead while opening for them on the tour's headline shows.

1 hour ago, arcuse said:

With the 2 hiphop acts already announced on Sunday, I think we can espect The Weeknd aswell tbh also Ryan Adams is ruled out. Last date on his tour is 29th June in Oregon.

Can't rule him out completely. Weekend after RW he plays Mad Cool and NOS Alive. I don't see why he couldn't make the transfer to Europe Friday/Saturday and play RW on Sunday, especially as he seems to be growing in popularity rapidly in Belgium. Studio Brussel is playing his songs on a daily basis. Surely they would like to see him in a major festival in Belgium. Could also be Pukkelpop though. 

Think we will know more next Monday and/or Friday. 

Edited by visdave34

22 minutes ago, marinerbk said:

Confused about this Myspace @ The Hive. If you want to stay at The Hive and bring a tent, you don't have to buy one of these packages do you? Just the basic 27 euro one?

Last year Myspace at The Hive were 55€ pp because it was a package inside The Hive Resort (that was in front of The Hive 'basic').

Don't know this year.

14 hours ago, marinerbk said:

Confused about this Myspace @ The Hive. If you want to stay at The Hive and bring a tent, you don't have to buy one of these packages do you? Just the basic 27 euro one?

Correct! Basic 27 euro ticket, bring your own tent and you're ready to go! The Myspace  package guarantees you a 24m2 spot for your own tent, a bit nearer to the festival arena. Not really worth it if you ask me, regular Hive  camping is just fine.