Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Where do you guys reckon Soulwax will be on the bill? Mainstage or Klub C. Don't really know them all that well

Most people seem to think they'll be in either the Barn or the Klub C....but I'm hoping they'll be on the main stage as one of the dance acts....

29 minutes ago, McCallion said:

Where do you guys reckon Soulwax will be on the bill? Mainstage or Klub C. Don't really know them all that well

The assumption that Soulwax will be on Klub C rely on the fact that when RW announced Foo Fighters it said that they will bring the festival to a close. 

41 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

The assumption that Soulwax will be on Klub C rely on the fact that when RW announced Foo Fighters it said that they will bring the festival to a close. 

Tbf I'd love Foos to be the last band of the festival. Can't really leave it on a higher note than that

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Most people seem to think they'll be in either the Barn or the Klub C....but I'm hoping they'll be on the main stage as one of the dance acts....

Last year Goose subbed for RHCP, but they played relatively early.

How big are Soulwax in Belgium nowadays? Returning to the studio after a long, long absence, their next album comes out March 24th.

The Daewele already had multiple major slots in Werchter in the 00's, including replacing David Bowie as the emergency 2004 and closing a day in 2009 following KoL as 2manydjs. The last time Soulwax came to Werchter, in 2005, they got a main stage slot, performing right before QOTSA and... Foo Fighters.

1 minute ago, Orens said:

How big are Soulwax in Belgium nowadays? Returning to the studio after a long, long absence, their next album comes out March 24th.

The Daewele already had multiple major slots in Werchter in the 00's, including replacing David Bowie as the emergency 2004 and closing a day in 2009 following KoL as 2manydjs. The last time Soulwax came to Werchter, in 2005, they got a main stage slot, performing right before QOTSA and... Foo Fighters.

2ManyDJs in 2009 were insane.....!

1 hour ago, Orens said:

That was before they made Nite Versions and Soulwax turned into a full on dance act (they actually played their Nite Versions in the Marquee at Werchter '08). 

They're still big enough to play in front of a packed Barn when not clashing with other acts. Hence the idea of them closing KluB C: they will clash with the massively popular Foo Fighters, so the tent will neither be half empty nor way overcrowded. 

6 minutes ago, Gossard said:

Seems like there is no chance of Soulwax playing after Foos, not according to RW facebook page anyway:

"Yes! Announcing the best news of the week by far! Foo Fighters – the premiere rock band of the 21st century – play Rock Werchter on Sunday 2 July 2017. What a festival closing act!"

Not necessarily... 
"Closing act" doesn't necessarily mean the last act. It just means official final headliner. 

Two big festivals that I have been to, have closing acts and then a dance act to end the night. It's not uncommon.

4 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Not necessarily... 
"Closing act" doesn't necessarily mean the last act. It just means official final headliner. 

Two big festivals that I have been to, have closing acts and then a dance act to end the night. It's not uncommon.

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. It probably all depends on how you read into "closing act"....but like I said, I hope you're right, I've always wanted to see Soulwax but I wouldn't take them over Foo Fighters....

11 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. It probably all depends on how you read into "closing act"....but like I said, I hope you're right, I've always wanted to see Soulwax but I wouldn't take them over Foo Fighters....

Foos will be the last act for sure you'd think. Foos then fireworks, makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I agree....but then again, in 2014 they had Stromae closing after Kings of Leon and in 2011 they had Black Eyed Peas after Iron Maiden......

2011 was the last year they close the festival so late. Since then last act finished between 01:00-01:15 am. 

25 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

If we're going by the same format as last year, there are only two/ three max weeks of announcements left :blink:

Last year around this time there were I think around 10 artists announced at once, think we can espect something like that next week (atleast I hope so)

9 hours ago, visdave34 said:

Correct! Basic 27 euro ticket, bring your own tent and you're ready to go! The Myspace  package guarantees you a 24m2 spot for your own tent, a bit nearer to the festival arena. Not really worth it if you ask me, regular Hive  camping is just fine. 

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Last year around this time there were I think around 10 artists announced at once, think we can espect something like that next week (atleast I hope so)

the thing is the last 3 announcement were solid last year, except the last one, with james bay leading it. my guess is that we will have 3 more weeks of announcements and maybe a separate Wednesday one (next week probably) if we still have a sub left.

Hi there :D Im mega excited for rock werchter this year but abit worried as im going alone. Is it the kind of festival where its easy to meet people and make friends. Is there a singles forum of such? It not like im in a hostel to meet people ya see.

I Will be travelling by coach from manchester.

Also, sounds stupid but at the hive camp  do you still take your own tent? Thanks

On the verge of buying tickets right now but I'm a bit confused by the amount of campsite options at Rock Werchter. Should I go for The Hive, The Hive MySpace, Regular Camping or pay more for The Hive Resort? What are people's recent experiences with said campsites and their general vibes?

One last question, what are all your opinions on the line-up so far? To me it looks incredible and really looking forward to seeing Arcade Fire and Radiohead on consecutive days but I understand the line-up has historically been really good so I dunno how it compares.

Thanks

The line up is awesome dude. Cannot wait for radiohead! 

Im also unsure on camp tickets.i have standard with coach but thinking of getting hive as they have better showers etc from what i read online.also think hive resort is sold out on most options

Edited by Marshall55

1 hour ago, Marshall55 said:

Hi there :D Im mega excited for rock werchter this year but abit worried as im going alone. Is it the kind of festival where its easy to meet people and make friends. Is there a singles forum of such? It not like im in a hostel to meet people ya see.

I Will be travelling by coach from manchester.

Also, sounds stupid but at the hive camp  do you still take your own tent? Thanks

You'll be sound when you get there. Just get chatting. 

Edited by BlockRockinBeats