Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, daz-riggers said:

where have you seen that news mate? I can't find anything...

It's also on their site (but in Dutch), where Anderson paak threw in a video to apologise for not coming and "promising" to return next year. Check link below.

http://downtherabbithole.nl/nieuws/twee-afzeggingen 

Edited by DaveRSV4

3 hours ago, DaveRSV4 said:

It's also on their site (but in Dutch), where Anderson paak threw in a video to apologise for not coming and "promising" to return next year. Check link below.

http://downtherabbithole.nl/nieuws/twee-afzeggingen 

Tomorrow there will be some new DTRH names, more potential RW acts (mostly tent-oriented).

Bear's Den, who already played last year's RW, have self-confirmed themselves on Dutch radio. I also heard rumors about Spoon and The Growlers, but obviously nothing official yet.

42 minutes ago, Orens said:

Tomorrow there will be some new DTRH names, more potential RW acts (mostly tent-oriented).

Bear's Den, who already played last year's RW, have self-confirmed themselves on Dutch radio. I also heard rumors about Spoon and The Growlers, but obviously nothing official yet.

Spoon was accidentally blabbed out by a music journalist. Growlers was mentioned by someone on a Dutch forum who claims to have heard it from someone close to the band. Both for DTRH, that is.

I really would love to see Spoon at RW!

Edited by visdave34

9 hours ago, Orens said:

Bear's den confirmed for RW 2017? 

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

I think Bear's Den are already ruled out due to Pukkelpop. 

Spoon (and more acts from Mad Cool lineup)  will be great! 

You're right, forgot all about PKP. Man, I'd love to have so much more from the Mad Cool poster: Spoon, Wilco, Wolf Alice, Kurt Vile and Warpaint would be a good start. Some cherry picking at Bilbao BBK (Fleet Foxes), NOS Alive (Ryan Adams), Roskilde (Solange) and Down The Rabbit Hole (Temples) and I could die happy after RW ;-) 

Ok, I might be asking for much, but as far as I can tell they are all around and available. 

18 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

You're right, forgot all about PKP. Man, I'd love to have so much more from the Mad Cool poster: Spoon, Wilco, Wolf Alice, Kurt Vile and Warpaint would be a good start. Some cherry picking at Bilbao BBK (Fleet Foxes), NOS Alive (Ryan Adams), Roskilde (Solange) and Down The Rabbit Hole (Temples) and I could die happy after RW ;-) 

Ok, I might be asking for much, but as far as I can tell they are all around and available. 

Solange plays Opene'r on Wednesday, then Roskilde (Thursday or Friday), then Essence Festival in New Orleans on Saturday.

I guess it's safe to say she's ruled out, RW just sounds unrealistic.

23 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

Ryan Adams plays in Mad Cool too, but he already has a show in the states on June 29th so its a long shot though possible. Silange has 2 shows in New Orleans that weekend, according to Bandsintown.com so I don't know how she's gonna pull both Roskilde,  Open'er and RW. I think even the Lumineers cant do that:P

11 hours ago, Skankhunt42 said:

Wireless fest announces tomorrow whuch is weekend after rw ... perhaps a dance act/ dj may throw up a possibility ot two

Skepta, Chance the rapper and The Weeknd headliners.

Would take Skepta, Lil Dicky, Sean Paul, Flatbush Zombies and Nas. 

25 minutes ago, Orens said:

Solange plays Opene'r on Wednesday, then Roskilde (Thursday or Friday), then Essence Festival in New Orleans on Saturday.

I guess it's safe to say she's ruled out, RW just sounds unrealistic.

She could technically also play Roskilde before Open'er and do RW on Thursday. She's scheduled for Essence on Saturday according to their site. Wishful thinking though, I admit...

23 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Ryan Adams plays in Mad Cool too, but he already has a show in the states on June 29th so its a long shot though possible. Silange has 2 shows in New Orleans that weekend, according to Bandsintown.com so I don't know how she's gonna pull both Roskilde,  Open'er and RW. I think even the Lumineers cant do that:P

I think that Bandsintown is wrong, there's only one show in New Orleans on Saturday. But it would be pretty Lumineers-esque indeed! :D

As for Ryan Adams, I really expected him to turn up on the Pukkelpop poster. Now that he's not, I hope RW grabs his first European show, before he's off to Spain and Portugal. 

Edited by visdave34

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

She could technically also play Roskilde before Open'er and do RW on Thursday. She's scheduled for Essence on Saturday according to their site. Wishful thinking though, I admit...

I think that Bandsintown is wrong, there's only one show in New Orleans on Saturday. But it would be pretty Lumineers-esque indeed! :D

As for Ryan Adams, I really expected him to turn up on the Pukkelpop poster. Now that he's not, I hope RW grabs his first European show, before he's off to Spain and Portugal. 

Oh,  I didnt know its a festival in New Orleans.  I wish Ryan Adams will join the  lineup! Great show in 2015 and his new album is excellent. 

25 minutes ago, Mar2190 said:

Skepta, Chance the rapper and The Weeknd headliners.

Would take Skepta, Lil Dicky, Sean Paul, Flatbush Zombies and Nas. 

Sean Paul and Nas are ruled out for sure as they play other festivals in Belgium. Some of the others might be ruled out too,  I just dont know them or dont remember :huh:

Only act I'd wanna get is Chance, in replacement with the 2 we now already have. The Weeknd seems to be getting more and more likely since he's getting added to more and more festivals, tho he could go to either Dour or Les Ardentes where he could headline. In support of his North America Tour, Rae Sremmurd is the main support. But Bryson Tiller is his for the EU tour but ya.. 

Only legacy act available to me seems Van Morrison? Since Brian Wilson and Pet Shop Boys are having exclusive shows in Ostend and Brussels. 

The From DTRH adds I'd still wanna see Moderat getting added (even though they're at PKP), Father John Misty, Spoon and Nicolas Jaar would be a cool add in Klub C

34 minutes ago, arcuse said:

Only act I'd wanna get is Chance, in replacement with the 2 we now already have. The Weeknd seems to be getting more and more likely since he's getting added to more and more festivals, tho he could go to either Dour or Les Ardentes where he could headline. In support of his North America Tour, Rae Sremmurd is the main support. But Bryson Tiller is his for the EU tour but ya.. 

Only legacy act available to me seems Van Morrison? Since Brian Wilson and Pet Shop Boys are having exclusive shows in Ostend and Brussels. 

The From DTRH adds I'd still wanna see Moderat getting added (even though they're at PKP), Father John Misty, Spoon and Nicolas Jaar would be a cool add in Klub C

Chance does Pukkelpop, just like Moderat (but he's going to get a main stage slot if I recall correctly).

The Weeknd has a very tight schedule in RW weekend and not much room left for him either way, highly unlikely.

20 minutes ago, micvet said:

+ Lotto Arena show in November for Bear's Den.
PKP + Lotto Arena + RW will be too much imo.

Think you're right, that would be overkill, considering they also played at werchter last year, are playing in Club69 this evening and will perform in Trix (12/4) and Vooruit (13/4). I've seen them at pukkelpop 2015, in the AB in 2015 and 2016, and also on Rock Werchter 2016. That's enough for now :)

Edited by DaveRSV4