Rock Werchter 2017

Red Day

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same wish list as last week: Biffy Clyro, Passenger, Maximo Park, Sum 41, Frank Turner, Some really great folk rock act.

I see The Killers have just been announced for Ejekt in Greece the weekend before Werchter. 
Whilst I see a 0% they'll be at Werchter anyway, do people think that makes them more/less likely or still 0%? :P

Edited by jlillycrop

11 minutes ago, jlillycrop said:

Same wish list as last week: Biffy Clyro, Passenger, Maximo Park, Sum 41, Frank Turner, Some really great folk rock act.

I see The Killers have just been announced for Ejekt in Greece the weekend before Werchter. 
Whilst I see a 0% they'll be at Werchter anyway, do people think that makes them more/less likely or still 0%? :P

It just shows they have not announced all dates. But I also think they are very unlikely

10 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

It just shows they have not announced all dates. But I also think they are very unlikely

That is true... And nothing announced near Belgium yet... and surprisingly not announced for PKP.

But nah, would have happened by now if it was going to at all.

Edited by jlillycrop

Any from these names would be good for me, maximo park, skepta, cage the elephant would be decent too.

9 minutes ago, gunther Mickey said:

Sum 41, The Hives, Jamiroquai, Kasabian, Warhola, Pendulum would make my day. 

I can really see Biffy getting announced, seen though as im scottish would be meh considering I caught them on several previous occasions.

8 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

To be honest, the people here are still too optimistic about the upcoming announcements. If we will have another 6-7 names, I expect at least 2-3 of them to be local or smaller names. If there will be a bigger announcement, probably even more of them will be small acts.

Can we trade in a few small acts just for some bigger names.... it would be totally worth it!!!

I think that they have a lot of indie/alternative stuff to fill so I think it is realistic to expect names like Seasick Steve etc... to be in the mix. It will be interesting to see how it all pans out.   

14 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

To be honest, the people here are still too optimistic about the upcoming announcements. If we will have another 6-7 names, I expect at least 2-3 of them to be local or smaller names. If there will be a bigger announcement, probably even more of them will be small acts.

Ahaha I've been thinking this all day but was letting people dream.

My prediction is it'll be one middle of the road name or newcomer (like Rag N Bone Man) then one relatively well known R n B name and a couple of smaller indie names.

I sadly, honestly, think all the big names have happened. 
(Lets hope I can be proved wrong!)

34 minutes ago, tyranicide said:

Marmozets have been announced for Rock For People in the Czech Republic on July 4th so could potentially play RW

Yes please! I love them and they were superb last time at Werchter. (Also they're from just 10 minutes up the road from where I live)

I am not feeling particularly excited for this announcement at the moment, but the last few announcements have surely filled up the rap/hip hop quota. Let's hope for some more indie in the barn today and a few more main stages (we must still have 10 main stage slots to fill)