Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'd genuinely be pretty gutted if that was the Glasto setlist. Some gems on there, of course, that'll be agiven. But some serious, serious ommisions.

It keeps being said, but the festival setlists will be much more niche than their normal gig setlists, like last year.

Even Coachella this year demonstrates it.

1 minute ago, strummer77 said:

It keeps being said, but the festival setlists will be much more niche than their normal gig setlists, like last year.

Even Coachella this year demonstrates it.

Aye I think that Coachella set can ease anybody's fears that they might go down a weird route with the setlist - they know they need to deliver the hits if they want to keep the crowd interested. Just sad that the technical errors in that set seemed to (apparently) lose them a fair few people. Still think Dayreaming > Desert Island Disk > Ful Stop opening the show would be a big mistake at Glastonbury (or any festival) mind. People are gonna hear two slow numbers and then a weird electronic freak out and think 'fuck this'.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Aye I think that Coachella set can ease anybody's fears that they might go down a weird route with the setlist - they know they need to deliver the hits if they want to keep the crowd interested. Just sad that the technical errors in that set seemed to (apparently) lose them a fair few people. Still think Dayreaming > Desert Island Disk > Ful Stop opening the show would be a big mistake at Glastonbury (or any festival) mind. People are gonna hear two slow numbers and then a weird electronic freak out and think 'fuck this'.

Yeah it will be pretty hit heavy. When they did Reading back in 2009, which was also live on TV, they did the same. I think we're prettty safe....

After track 3 as you say. I hope they change the opening for Glastonbury - especially as I think Daydreaming wont really have that same impact in the light.

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

People are gonna hear two slow numbers and then a weird electronic freak out and think 'fuck this'.

I hope so, as people repelled by that (fairly accessible) trio are unlikely to be terribly satisfied anyway, and if they leave early that'll leave more room for the rest of us to enjoy the set.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I hope so, as people repelled by that (fairly accessible) trio are unlikely to be terribly satisfied anyway, and if they leave early that'll leave more room for the rest of us to enjoy the set.

This is untrue.  I was repelled by those 3 songs watching the Coachella Stream, but enjoyed the rest of the set despite the technical problems.

21 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Aye, I'd rather they left than stayed and Beck-ed it.

Nice verb! I fear The National and, particularly, Biffy Clyro may end up being Beck-ed this year.

19 hours ago, uscore said:

This is untrue.  I was repelled by those 3 songs watching the Coachella Stream, but enjoyed the rest of the set despite the technical problems.

Clearly you weren't sufficiently repelled to even watch something else on your screen, let alone march off to another stage.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
Grammar!

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Nice adjective! I fear The National and, particularly, Biffy Clyro may end up being Beck-ed this year.

Clearly you weren't sufficiently repelled to even watch something else on your screen, let alone march off to another stage.

I know, I know. Yes, I am that guy, BSR.

In that context, Beck is being used as a verb, not an adjective...

:unsure:

Ben

On 17/04/2017 at 10:11 PM, arcade fireman said:

I remember having this on pretty frequent MP3 player rotation from the early 2000s onwards, the best version of the original Nude (or Big Ideas)...

Bloody love that, never heard that version before. That organ sound, Procal Harum, Pink Floyd, man its beautiful. 

i made a thing

1. Airbag
2. 15 Step
3. 2+2=5
4. Decks Dark
5. Ful Stop
6. Lotus Flower
7. Pyramid Song
8. Myxomatosis
9. Identikit
10. Reckoner
11. The Numbers