Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I just want to hear it out loud outside rather than on my headphones or in my house!

Not sure what you mean by second time around? I've never seen that arrangement performed live.

Sorry I mis-read your post and thought you'd seen them do it live!  Bed time for me :lol:

I think we'll probably be able to find all the songs they'll be playing at Glasto between last weeks' and this weeks' Coachella set lists, unless they're identical. 

Bit worrying they only seem to be doing 22 songs at Coachella (wasn't just because of the technical glitch, 22 was on the printed setlist). Last year at festivals they did 24 most of the time, though I guess they were far and away the biggest draw at most of those festivals, whereas at Glasto and Coachella they're just one of three headliners so may not be afforded quite as long. 

6 minutes ago, uscore said:

I'd be well disappointed if I sat through those first 3 songs and the 4th song was Myxomatosis.

Well luckily for you I don't think that's ever been the case, has it? Lucky this time 'round. Although I'm not sure why you'd say that as Myxomatosis is a fantastic song - easily one of the highlights from HTTT.

6 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

This isn't the most festival friendly set so far...

Coachella second weekend apparently tends to attract more genuine music fans since less publicity and TV cameras etc

Think we can rest assured that Glastonbury will fall more in line with weekend #1 regardless, both due to them only getting the one shot at it + it being aired on the BBC. Much like they seemingly did Leeds + Reading '09 I guess they saw this as an opportunity to do one huge hits set for the cameras/footage and the other one a little weirder (although may be getting ahead of myself - only seven songs in and plenty of time left for the hits).

Pyramid Song now.

Edited by FloorFiller

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Think we can rest assured that Glastonbury will fall more in line with weekend #1 regardless, both due to them only getting the one shot at it + it being aired on the BBC. Much like they seemingly did Leeds + Reading '09 I guess they saw this as an opportunity to do one huge hits set for the cameras/footage and the other one a little weirder (although may be getting ahead of myself - only seven songs in and plenty of time left for the hits).

Pyramid Song now.

It's far from the 1st time an act has done a different set one weekend than the other. The issue has been sometimes though albeit rare that an act will play weekend 1 for the publicity etc and if they aren't considered a big draw there sack weekend 2 off.

Bloom now. 

eta: and the gloaming!  

Either the person editing setlist.fm is trolling us, or the band is!

eata: and now the person who was updating setlist.fm has got bored and wondered off to buy noodles or something.

Edited by uscore

13 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Guessing the live stream isn't on this weekend?

Nah doesn't look like it.

That setlist is a lot less casual-friendly than last weeks :lol: A few of the bigg'uns pop up at the end there but for a good portion of that set they're not exactly giving the crowd much to go mental over.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah doesn't look like it.

That setlist is a lot less casual-friendly than last weeks :lol: A few of the bigg'uns pop up at the end there but for a good portion of that set they're not exactly giving the crowd much to go mental over.

:lol: yeah, can't see my group liking this setlist... they were happy(ish) with last weeks. 

Surprised how little consistency there is between the 2. Confirms there really is no pattern and we'll only have a vague idea of what we'll get* :D

*1 - Daydreaming, 2 - DID, 3 - Ful Stop

It was likely a friendly football match, or a cup game against weaker opposition, where you start with your reserve lineup and then put on some first-teamers near the end to try to salvage a draw.

(it wasn't that bad, but I'd definitely prefer the first Coachella setlist)

Edited by uscore

In all seriousness, I like to have a whinge about them, but I am excited about their set at Glastonbury.  I'd like to thank everyone for their enthusiasm in this thread; amongst other things it has made me realise how massively I underestimated In Rainbows. 

I am about to stop listening to them until then. I have a rule that I don't listen to bands I'm going to see live, for at least 2 months beforehand, to try and maximise my excitement when I hear them again on the night.

1 minute ago, uscore said:

I am about to stop listening to them until then. I have a rule that I don't listen to bands I'm going to see live, for at least 2 months beforehand, to try and maximise my excitement when I hear them again on the night.

I have an unspoken rule that I listen to an act to death before seeing them live so much so that immediately after seeing them live I don't want to listen to them again for at least a year. Radiohead never lasts a year though.

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I have an unspoken rule that I listen to an act to death before seeing them live so much so that immediately after seeing them live I don't want to listen to them again for at least a year. Radiohead never lasts a year though.

I'm similar to this, I like to remember the performance and then revisit the albums at a later date!

14 minutes ago, uscore said:

I have a similar rule too but 2 months?! That's impressive willpower.

I'll probably switch off 2-3 weeks before.

Edited by TomViolence

4 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

I have a similar rule too but 2 months?! That's impressive willpower.

I'll probably switch off 2-3 weeks before.

I was so excited about seeing the Stone Roses a few years ago I didn't listen to them for six months.