This time last week......

pauladam

waiting in a car park for our coach from Taunton. Our Driver was a legend, she went a crazy long way 2 ish hours to avoid the A37 mayhem, went straight through 2x "no access to festival" to cheers from the coach & in a sneaky back way through pilton & got us there without any jams or cars ahead of us at all

40 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

waiting in a car park for our coach from Taunton. Our Driver was a legend, she went a crazy long way 2 ish hours to avoid the A37 mayhem, went straight through 2x "no access to festival" to cheers from the coach & in a sneaky back way through pilton & got us there without any jams or cars ahead of us at all

Fuck. I knew our driver didn't know the best way. We got the 9.15am Taunton coach and it took 9 hours. 

Although should count myself lucky. 1 of the 3 x 9.15am buses didn't show up. Still no word on where it was Thursday morning. Eventually they were told to make their own way to the festival and collect the tickets there. 

Poor fuckers, spending 12 hours sitting in the car park for no reason.

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fuck. I knew our driver didn't know the best way. We got the 9.15am Taunton coach and it took 9 hours. 

Last year our coach was on site in under 1 hour from Taunton, she went way out of the way this time. There was a bunch of people at the car park who's coach hadn't arrived and they'd been there since 6am. Felt bad for them but saw them in the festival a couple of hours later at A so they got there eventually 

ha just read your cheeky edit there, yeah those guys, some had been there forever 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

I was panicking at Bournemouth station. My coach was due to leave Southampton at 3.00 and all the trains were delayed up to 70 minutes due to heavy rain the night before. In the end i realised that i wasn't going to make it by train and jumped in my car.

A 30 minute journey from hell followed during which i tried to work out a plan of action if the coach (and my ticket) had already gone. I arrived at Southampton 10 minutes after my coach was due to leave and joy of joys it was still there as the driver was still taking his compulsory 45 minute break.

Next problem was trying to find somewhere to park for four days, but due to the fact that everyone was now gagging to get going i could only park it in the nearest road and accept the consequences.

I had just about calmed down when we reached the site and as always had a great time.

And my consequences? Four parking tickets - £100.00 as long as I pay in 14 days - Bargain