Headliner predictions 2017

swede

2 minutes ago, FirsG said:

Have comments Gaga made in NME been discussed?

Just spotted that too. 

“Glaaaastonbury! I don’t have permission to say anything about that” – with her tight-lipped response suggesting that sworn to secrecy until an announcement.

http://www.nme.com/news/lady-gaga-glastonbury-tour-rumours-1769990

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grandaddys new comeback single is getting a lot of airplay on BBC6 at the moment. Would love to see them on the bill although apparently they've still got a lot of recording to do with the new album.

As for Justice, ive got a feeling they are nailed on for an appearance. Where on the lineup im not too sure though. Will definitely be wasted on a daytime slot so will need to be pretty high up the bill and way too big for any of the dance tents.

1 minute ago, Familiar2billions said:

Grandaddys new comeback single is getting a lot of airplay on BBC6 at the moment. Would love to see them on the bill although apparently they've still got a lot of recording to do with the new album.

As for Justice, ive got a feeling they are nailed on for an appearance. Where on the lineup im not too sure though. Will definitely be wasted on a daytime slot so will need to be pretty high up the bill and way too big for any of the dance tents.

graandaddy as park headliner . also conor oberst with his new solo album would go down a storm at the park.just not on friday night please

I don't get the Gaga not headlining thing? Star has definitely fallen - but still sold over 100 million records, is headlining the Super Bowl next year, last pop effort (before the one released this week) sold as much as her contemporaries (bar Adele). She's not quite the mega star she was 5 years ago, but is still one of the biggest artists in the world, no?

1 minute ago, FirsG said:

I don't get the Gaga not headlining thing? Star has definitely fallen - but still sold over 100 million records, is headlining the Super Bowl next year, last pop effort (before the one released this week) sold as much as her contemporaries (bar Adele). She's not quite the mega star she was 5 years ago, but is still one of the biggest artists in the world, no?

I think she'll play below Sheeran or be a fill in for if what they want Sunday doesn't happen.

'Sheergaga'

A one time only pop double act fusing the acoustic, ginger troubadour pop licks of Ed Sheeran with the visceral meat-dress neo-neon-funk stylings of Lady Gaga. All wrapped up in a moving tribute to the gone but not forgotten, Shergar. 

Saturday, 24th June 2017 - Glastonbury Festival 

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah both headlining would be strange, hence why I think she'll be a sub.

Why? Arguably both are global mega stars, as much as anyone with taste might hate to admit it. Radiohead/Ed Sheeran/Gaga would be an absolutely massive trio of headliners to have in one year! Arguably only this year would be a bigger set...

I wouldn't go see any of them depending on other acts playing, but I can't see much wrong with Glastonbury having all 3 if they want to do it. (Well got one obviously :P)

Edited by LondonTom

51 minutes ago, FirsG said:

i think next year's super bowl is being headlined by two american football teams

I agree that both headlining wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the world. We had Coldplay and Muse this year, so I don't see how Sheeran and Gaga would be some unimaginable combo. I don't expect it to happen but it's hardly impossible.

I just think Sunday will be an older act. Foos, Mac, something of that ilk. Maybe even Elton?

29 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think she's subbing Ed. Which, if true, would be a massive pair of bookings for the Saturday night. BBC will be all over it.

Me too.

13 minutes ago, LondonTom said:

Why? Arguably both are global mega stars, as much as anyone with taste might hate to admit it. Radiohead/Ed Sheeran/Gaga would be an absolutely massive trio of headliners to have in one year! Arguably only this year would be a bigger set...

I wouldn't go see any of them depending on other acts playing, but I can't see much wrong with Glastonbury having all 3 if they want to do it. (Well got one obviously :P)

There is a couple that match it, 2013 was big.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

I agree that both headlining wouldn't be the weirdest thing in the world. We had Coldplay and Muse this year, so I don't see how Sheeran and Gaga would be some unimaginable combo. I don't expect it to happen but it's hardly impossible.

I just think Sunday will be an older act. Foos, Mac, something of that ilk. Maybe even Elton?

It won't be Elton.