2016 Highlights

Winslow Leach

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order

New Order (was worried having seem them live (not Glasto) in 86 and 07 and not enjoyed either much but they were immense)

John Grant (his voice going made it all the more memorable)

She Drew The Gun (entranced by them)

Cyndi Lauper (Christ she has got a set of lungs on her)

Aidan Knight (walked into William's Green as he arrived on stage, we were the 8th and 9th people there, it grew to about 30 but felt so sad for him, his parting words were to wish us all a nice life if our paths never crossed again.....)

Honourable mentions for James, Lumineers, ZZ Top, Feeling, Squeeze, Will Young, Caravan Palace, Saint Etienne and a clearly very merry Guy Garvey.

4 minutes ago, ciderbus said:

Another shout for St Paul and the Broken Bones.

Hinds on Park stage were excellent.

Meilyr Jones in Williams Green. Outstanding tunes.

Is there any footage of St Paul and the Broken Bones around, definitely my favourite!

Poorest Glastonbury musically for me. Still had a phenomenal weekend, gutted beyond belief it is over.

Best Set - Underworld. Incredible energy, tripped my tits off through it, but it was mega.

Best surprise - Dhaka brahka. Popped across to see them out of curiosity. Fantastic fun. The crowd grew and by the end it was a massive party. They obviously enjoyed it.

Special mentions - Madness, ZZ Top, Beck, Cyndi Lauper, Touretteshero, ELO and Biggles Wartime Band.

DJ Wise - Carl Cox at Arcadia was great and every time I went in the Spaceport on thursday for Back to Basics , it was great. 

(spent about 4 hours in there throughout the day at different points)

Worst - Ellie Goulding. Watched from the side after going to the toilet and food after ELO and before beck. She was shite.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Travis on Croissant Neuf were excellent was packed but great to see them in a small intimate venue and they seemed to really enjoy it too

Sigur Ros what an awesome all round show, couldn't take my eyes off the them and the staging, absolutely magical

Hobo Jones and the Junkyard Dogs were great fun in the Avalon

knew id be pissed and missing Ronnie Spector

1 hour ago, beatboy1 said:

No love for Grimes and/or Tame Impala? There were my top two highlights of the weekend. Closely followed by Christine and the Queens and Travis 

Tame Impala were my personal highlight, always been aware of them and know a fair few of their songs, but never been that interested in them and didn't actually see them as sub headliner material. They knocked my socks off.

Thought the lineup was generally poor overall but saw some really great stuff this year, a proper eclectic mix. Highlights for me, in no particular order:

LCD Soundsystem - no explanation needed, band of the weekend for me. Perfect set list

Tame Impala - great to see them in such a high slot and be well received (was worried about the Adele crowd not getting it)

New Order - legends. Blue Monday is a cracker live 

Skepta - love his new album, Pyramid seemed perfect and it was. That rain afterwards wasn't though ...!

Stormzy - great to see in such a small tent

Caravan Palace - incredible energy

Craig David - hit after hit after hit 

Underworld were fucking magnificent. Great crowd and sunset. Definitely the highlight for me. Watched the footage this afternoon and got goosebumps

Honourable mentions:

Beans on Toast

The Mighty Peas (only time I managed to sit and watch a band)

Cassetteboy v Dj Rubbish

Roisin Murphy

Skepta

ZZ Top

LCD

The Smyths (great Thursday sing along)

Paul Heaton/ Jacqui Abbott

BMTH - great fun, bruised to hell from the pits

Coldplay - incredible live show, could have done with more old stuff

Chvrches - loved every single second, my set of the weekend

Muse - as usual very impressive

Wheel of four tunes - always a highlight