Arcadia Lineup!

stephos83

Any ideas when Basement Jaxx will be on (on SUNDAY obviously)?  Speculation/guesswork?  It would be an incredible way to end Glastonbury 2016 but I'm afraid of clashes (yes, I'm going to see Coldplay).

Edit: wrong day

Edited by Sidasta

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some cracking stuff on here- actually in all my Glastonburys never been to Arcadia as normally on 6am starts for work but no this year so will definitely be heading this way- Friday night looks good Carl Cox, Heidi, Eats Everything and being of a certain age Shades of Rhythm 

Happy with that! Carl Co,x Shades of Rhythm, Andy C, Basement Jaxx. Plumps V Stantons, DJ Hype!

As am planning to do the Other stage on Friday and Saturday night (LCD and New Order), may be hard to drag myself past this and up to the Naughty Corner!

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Of all the techno djs they could of got to headline they got the shittiest one!

Oh well at least they have Daniel avery and Mella dee!

I completely agree. My opinion seems to annoy people, but i genuinely believe Carl Cox is past it. I love my tech house & techno, and go to A LOT of raves and festivals, and have see Carl 3 times in the last 2 years. He's just not relevant anymore. Times have moved on and the audience nowadays want that harder more driving techno and bouncy rolling tech house. The sound is different, yet he's still playing such dated "discoey" techno sets. Good for a bit of nostalgia but i'd pick the whole of the LBHQ lineup this year over seeing him. Fanciulli, The Martinez Bros, Eats Everything, Bicep etc. All those guys sound so current. I feel like Carl Cox is just a name that people that like a bit of techno at a festival know, and they get caught up in the hype ass he's a household name.

Again, just my opinion. Others may love him. Just an observation from the way the sound is moving on,

Edited by Nick S

1 minute ago, Nick S said:

I completely agree. My opinion seems to annoy people, but i genuinely believe Carl Cox is past it. I love my tech house & techno and have see Carl 3 times in the last 2 years. He's just not relevant anymore. Times have moved on and the audience nowadays want that harder more driving techno. The sound is different, yet he's still playing such dated techno sets. Good for a bit of nostalgia but i'd pick the whole of the LBHQ lineup this year over seeing him. Fanciulli, The Martinez Bros, Eats Everything, Bicep etc. All those guys sound so current.

To be honest I haven't listened to Carl Cox for a long time. And for that reason I'm now going to have a listen to this. I'll be back with my thoughts:

2 minutes ago, Jamie D said:

To be honest I haven't listened to Carl Cox for a long time. And for that reason I'm now going to have a listen to this. I'll be back with my thoughts:

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts. Check out some sets by the other guys playing LBHQ and compare them.

1 minute ago, MissStarlight said:

I can't remember, are there queues to get into the Arcadia area like there are for Shangri-la?

It gets quite clogged up directly after the headliners, going from chemical brothers to 2manydjs last year was extremely busy

I couldn't agree more. Acts like bicep are wicked live and not afraid to drop an old classic tune in from time to time. Eats everything is also a great dj.

carl cox was great back in the day, but it's not where dance music is at the moment. 

I get the impression with acts like Carl cox it's to keep the older demographic of Glastonbury happy. People who might be in their 30s to 40s now. Liked dance music but don't really go clubbing now. I suppose this is a name they can cling to for their dance fix.

until recently I still thought he was playing all that trance bollocks, is this not the case?

Just now, chestwig said:

I get the impression with acts like Carl cox it's to keep the older demographic of Glastonbury happy. People who might be in their 30s to 40s now. Liked dance music but don't really go clubbing now. I suppose this is a name they can cling to for their dance fix.

That's me!!! In my 40s and not been a serious clubber for a fair few years but in the past whenever I have seen Cox he's been immense- I remember at Global Gathering in 2004 him and Dave Clarke playing one after each other which was an absolute highlight of all my years clubbing- 4 hours of excellence.  Also him playing the outdoor stage at Homelands in 2002 on a glorious sunny evening