Lineup 2018

I was the one that posted Kendrik / Foo Fighters / Parmore

My mate is a freelance reporter for music magazines, he goes and interviews the artists etc. He interviewed someone (no idea who) and asked if they're scheduled for any festivals or tours this year. They said they were planning a tour of the UK and they want to come to Reading Leeds as its the biggest festival this year and the headliners are great. Mate asked who and they said KL, FF and P and then said they dont know if thats being released yet so keep that out the write up. 

Mate told me when i seen him over xmas leave from work cause he knows im interested in going back this year.

39 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

I love them but I can't see NIN playing ever again, didn't they get very thin crowds last time as well?

Sadly yes, at Leeds especially.  They were up against Disclosure (NME) in 2013 who were the big new thing at the time so this did impact on the size of the crowd.

1 minute ago, Edduk98 said:

Sorry but i disagree with this so much! Foos album came out last year and theres tones of people that want to see them live, let alone their new songs. They will also sell tickets so quick like there other headlines at the 3 stadiums in June this year. I feel there is a reason they havant booked anything this summer is because they are coming to R&L. Also, people are just assuming AM are coming to R&L because they are back. Yes they would be good but foos are a much better headline than AM this year. I feel AM will be around Europe and the UK for the next few years whereas foos wont be coming back for a few years imo. 

Bear in mind that Arctic Monkeys last show in the UK will have been four years ago (by the time the festival rolls around). 

In that Time Foo Fighters will have played the Invictus Games, Several Stadiums, Glastonbury, The O2 and stadiums this year.

There is demand to see the Foo Fighters, but the current reading generation have had plenty of opportunities to see them. The current Reading Generation has had no opportunity to see the Arctic Monkeys.

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

I was the one that posted Kendrik / Foo Fighters / Parmore

My mate is a freelance reporter for music magazines, he goes and interviews the artists etc. He interviewed someone (no idea who) and asked if they're scheduled for any festivals or tours this year. They said they were planning a tour of the UK and they want to come to Reading Leeds as its the biggest festival this year and the headliners are great. Mate asked who and they said KL, FF and P and then said they dont know if thats being released yet so keep that out the write up. 

Mate told me when i seen him over xmas leave from work cause he knows im interested in going back this year.

the problem with that story is that bands or their agents can often have duff info themselves. They're part of a gossip chain little different to we are on the outside, and it's only if they're directly connected to the event in some manner that they'll definitely have accurate info.

I've often been amazed at how I've got better info than some quite major agents ... but if that agent hasn't got a band towards the top of the bill themselves, why would they know, outside of gossip?

PS: i'm not saying your info is wrong, just that it stands a decent chance of being duff. I know from experience that bands aren't necessarily in good info loop.

Edited by eFestivals

2 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Bear in mind that Arctic Monkeys last show in the UK will have been four years ago (by the time the festival rolls around). 

In that Time Foo Fighters will have played the Invictus Games, Several Stadiums, Glastonbury, The O2 and stadiums this year.

There is demand to see the Foo Fighters, but the current reading generation have had plenty of opportunities to see them. The current Reading Generation has had no opportunity to see the Arctic Monkeys.

all true, tho I can't really see Melvin passing up the chance to book the foos if he can, cos if he doesn't book them this year there's a chance he won't get them for a few years.

2 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Okay yeah I can understand that point! People are going to want to see AM because of that reason so fair play! BUT imo i still think foos will be the better headliner for myself :) 

Just now, eFestivals said:

all true, tho I can't really see Melvin passing up the chance to book the foos if he can, cos if he doesn't book them this year there's a chance he won't get them for a few years.

Yet another good point! I feel this could be a last chance for years to get foos in and they havant been there for 6 years already so it feel right for them to headline this year and maybe AM to headline another year. 

2 minutes ago, Edduk98 said:

Yet another good point! I feel this could be a last chance for years to get foos in and they havant been there for 6 years already so it feel right for them to headline this year and maybe AM to headline another year. 

if it's been a choice between foos and AMs, then I reckon part of the process would be to ask each band what the chances are for next year instead of this year.

If one band has indicated next year might be a goer while the other hasn't, I reckon it becomes an easy choice for the fest for which band to book this year.

Of the two, I think it's much more likely AMs will be around next summer than the foos will. AMs are coming back from a break so are likely to tour for a year or so, while foos will have been touring for over a year by August.

Going off the back of last year

Kasabian are a big band for 20-35s, Clubfoot was a huge song when i was going through my indie phase back in 2005ish. I think Paramore were big like that too back then for indie poprock. I would have liked Royal Blood, i heard one of their songs on the radio the other day and found myself tapping along to it imagining them on the big stage.

Muse and Foos are both huge stadium rock bands, Arctics are another top 10 indie brit band.

Eminem was the hip hop king that was voice of the generation in early 00's. Kendrick is the biggest in the game for the last 10 years since Kanye started putting out experimental music. He is the modern reimbodiment of NWA and those early days hip hop groups from Compton.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

At what cost would this 2nd main stage come at? 

How would the other stages be affected? 

Depending on the location of the 2nd stage, wouldn't there be a massive stampede once "X" had finished on main 1, and "Y" were due to start on the 2nd? (X and Y? Coldplay confirmed :blink:)

Would have less acts on each stage mean we could have longer sets? 

This poses so many questions, what a quandary! :lol:

Suppose we'll find out next week... (we'll we should do)

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

At what cost would this 2nd main stage come at? 

How would the other stages be affected? 

Depending on the location of the 2nd stage, wouldn't there be a massive stampede once "X" had finished on main 1, and "Y" were due to start on the 2nd? (X and Y? Coldplay confirmed :blink:)

Would have less acts on each stage mean we could have longer sets? 

This poses so many questions, what a quandary! :lol:

Suppose we'll find out next week... (we'll we should do)

In the past Reading used to have 2 big stages (and nothing else), with those two stages side by side. 

The crowd only had to shuffle sideways a bit. It worked, no problems.

31 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

In the past Reading used to have 2 big stages (and nothing else), with those two stages side by side. 

The crowd only had to shuffle sideways a bit. It worked, no problems.

Do you expect the site to change?

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Nine Inch Nails playing Tokjo the week before Leeds, surely they cannot play after the toys out of the pram incident last time? 

Ps - I couldn't name one Kendrick Lamar song, and none of my mates could name any either. Must be one for the 16-24 market. 

He's one for the fans of generation-defining progressive hip hop music.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

In terms of shouts for secret sets, if the Foals album is finished by August they could be in with a shout. Depends if FR plan to use them as headliners in the future though.

They would probably want someone new to do a secret set as Foals did one in 2015. I wouldn't complain though!

Just now, Edduk98 said:

Its been a week since this post. Do you think the line up could come end of this week or maybe the middle of next week. They said not long until the line up so surely that means 1-2 weeks. Im betting next week tbh?? 

2018-01-17_1229.png

I still reckon week beginning the 22nd (probably the Thursday or Friday). It's right before payday and after paramore's tour ends

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I still reckon week beginning the 22nd (probably the Thursday or Friday). It's right before payday and after paramore's tour ends

yeah, that does sound right. Payday which will make more sales for them I guess. Earlier a guy said that the line up is looking to be foos, Paramore and Kendrick. I can see that happening tbh! 

5 minutes ago, Diamond24 said:

They would probably want someone new to do a secret set as Foals did one in 2015. I wouldn't complain though!

Secret set 2015, full appearance 2016, secret set 2018, (therefore probably) full appearance 2019 is pushing it a bit!