Lineup 2018

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Guy who lives in the room next to me always puts that fucking Unbeliever song by Imagine Dragons on. Both when he's sat in his room or when we're having pre's. Proper cba with it.

That is exactly the sort of guy who I'd expect to like Imagine Dragons to be honest. Your university roommate who listens to the same songs all the time, lives for one hit wonders and thinks The National is an orchestra.

Anyway in response to your q. about FOB:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That is exactly the sort of guy who I'd expect to like Imagine Dragons to be honest. Your university roommate who listens to the same songs all the time, lives for one hit wonders and thinks The National is an orchestra.

Anyway in response to your q. about FOB:

I actually went to see The National on the 4th night of freshers week and when I got back he asked who I'd been to see and said he didn't know who they were. He also kept asking me if I'd heard the new Foo Fighters album and went to Reading last year for the Eminem day. So yeah exactly the type of person you're thinking of.

I hope he doesn't come on here looking to see who's gonna play this year.

Edit: And fuck sake cba with that. Wanna see the Twitter meltdown to no Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by Gucci Piggy

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I actually went to see The National on the 4th night of freshers week and when I got back he asked who I'd been to see and said he didn't know who they were. He also kept asking me if I'd heard the new Foo Fighters album and went to Reading last year for the Eminem day. So yeah exactly the type of person you're thinking of.

I hope he doesn't come on here looking to see who's gonna play this year.

Edit: And fuck sake cba with that. Wanna see the Twitter meltdown to no Arctic Monkeys.

Was legit gonna say "favourite artist of all time is Eminem". Drinks loads of energy drinks too I bet.  Describes someone in every other flat/house tho so I wouldn't worry.

The Arctic Monkeys thing is curious, yeah. I'm not sure where I stand on that now but they'll be laying out their tour plans this week or next so if there's no announcement next week in a throng of festival announcements then I'd discount 'em.

30 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

I’m still yet to meet someone who considers themselves an Imagine Dragons fan. Seems like most people see them for the average to mediocre band they are...

I would have considered myself a fan a few weeks ago.

Then I listened to their entire discography and.. yeah, some of their songs are terrible.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Was legit gonna say "favourite artist of all time is Eminem". Drinks loads of energy drinks too I bet.  Describes someone in every other flat/house tho so I wouldn't worry.

The Arctic Monkeys thing is curious, yeah. I'm not sure where I stand on that now but they'll be laying out their tour plans this week or next so if there's no announcement next week in a throng of festival announcements then I'd discount 'em.

Shit Eminem songs on at every pre's too ffs. And Mr Brightside. "Will what's your pin so I can put Lose Yourself on", you can lose yourself out the window mate.

Thinking about it Fall Out Boy makes a bit of sense seeing as they have an album coming out (didn't know about it until that Kerrang! cover with the Tool thing on it). If it was as a main headliner then I'd say it's too soon, but if they are doing this two main stage thing I guess it wouldn't be much different to bringing a sub back after two years (I dunno if your poster was supposed to have the main headliners on the left or what but I'd assume Kendrick would be on the main main stage and FOB on the 2nd one).

It's one of those again where if any of the info is correct I'd expect all of it to be. Did Dan say anything about Arctic Monkeys other than the thing with Green Day that he got told to ignore?

If it happens I'd have to assume it's all true and go with:

Real Main / Fake Main:

Royal Blood / BMTH

Arctic Monkeys / Imagine Dragons

Kendrick Lamar / Fall Out Boy

Maybe stick Paramore in there if the BMTH offer doesn't come off.

• Upvote 2

If Foos are nailed on, I just think it would be a shame for them to book Arctics over either Kendrick or Royal Blood even if they could. The weekend would still sell absolutely fine as it does every year, despite the outcry that AM aren't playing on Twitter. They could probably get Arctics over the next 2 years too, but the same can't be said for Kendrick or Royal Blood. Even if I was a massive AM fan I'd rather they held off with them for a bit, let some other acts headline and then be content that they're still gonna be available to book in the future.

Edit: This is assuming there's only 1 main stage

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

If Foos are nailed on, I just think it would be a shame for them to book Arctics over either Kendrick or Royal Blood even if they could. The weekend would still sell absolutely fine as it does every year, despite the outcry that AM aren't playing on Twitter. They could probably get Arctics over the next 2 years too, but the same can't be said for Kendrick or Royal Blood. Even if I was a massive AM fan I'd rather they held off with them for a bit, let some other acts headline and then be content that they're still gonna be available to book in the future.

I'm only really hoping for AM because my friends who I'm planning on going with have said they're not going if AM aren't playing :P. I do really like them, but I'd be more than happy for it to be Foos, RB and Kendrick

6 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Shit Eminem songs on at every pre's too ffs. And Mr Brightside. "Will what's your pin so I can put Lose Yourself on", you can lose yourself out the window mate.

Thinking about it Fall Out Boy makes a bit of sense seeing as they have an album coming out (didn't know about it until that Kerrang! cover with the Tool thing on it). If it was as a main headliner then I'd say it's too soon, but if they are doing this two main stage thing I guess it wouldn't be much different to bringing a sub back after two years (I dunno if your poster was supposed to have the main headliners on the left or what but I'd assume Kendrick would be on the main main stage and FOB on the 2nd one).

It's one of those again where if any of the info is correct I'd expect all of it to be. Did Dan say anything about Arctic Monkeys other than the thing with Green Day that he got told to ignore?

Real Main / Fake Main:

Royal Blood / BMTH

Nah Dan gave us about five acts of which a couple could get away with headlining so it's possible there was a major headliner missing. 

Mine was just alphabetical order tbh. I can't imagine Kendrick being that arsed about closing as long as he's paid well enough. I don't think they'd assign one stage to be the dud one, I think it'd change around.

This is the weirdest year I've ever seen for speculation. Good though that Kendrick seems to be the frontrunner at the moment.

Edited by dentalplan

Real Main / Fake Main:

Royal Blood / BMTH

Really can't see Foos not playing at this point. They seem to fit so well where as the only suggestions of AM is that they're definitely touring over summer. I feel like some of the AM rumours from sources is just because they're so hyped up that people are inclined to believe the festival would go for them.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah Dan gave us about five acts of which a couple could get away with headlining so it's possible there was a major headliner missing. 

Mine was just alphabetical order tbh. I can't imagine Kendrick being that arsed about closing as long as he's paid well enough. I don't think they'd assign one stage to be the dud one, I think it'd change around.

This is the weirdest year I've ever seen for speculation. Good though that Kendrick seems to be the frontrunner at the moment.

Ah yeah I knew his list just couldn't remember if he'd separately said he'd been told AM weren't there or something.

Yeah fair enough on the two main stages being interchangeable but I imagine they'd still put the biggest act of the two on last. I guess if it's a duo like RB/BMTH or say Flo/Kendrick they could swap around at each site like with usual co-headliners, though.

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Really can't see Foos not playing at this point. They seem to fit so well where as the only suggestions of AM is that they're definitely touring over summer. I feel like some of the AM rumours from sources is just because they're so hyped up that people are inclined to believe the festival would go for them.

Well there's the rumour from Hunty that matches up with what Dan Wilcox heard which is the main reason we're discussing it atm. Obviously most of the predictions of them are just from people who want them to play, but we do have one bit of info on them.

Anyway just remembered Neil heard that AM aren't playing so I'm inclined to go with his word for now. Is strange that Dan and Hunty seemingly both have info that supports the other if it doesn't end up being correct, though.

Well there's the rumour from Hunty that matches up with what Dan Wilcox heard which is the main reason we're discussing it atm. Obviously most of the predictions of them are just from people who want them to play, but we do have one bit of info on them.

Anyway just remembered Neil heard that AM aren't playing so I'm inclined to go with his word for now. Is strange that Dan and Hunty seemingly both have info that supports the other if it doesn't end up being correct, though.

Well yeah but Dan was also told to disregard that info after, and Hunty also said he's been given a lot of duff info in the past. I do think there's a slim chance AM will play, but I'll be incredibly surprised if they play but Foos don't.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Well yeah but Dan's was also told to disregard that info after, and Hunty also said he's been given a lot of duff info in the past. I do think there's a slim chance AM will play, but I'll be incredibly surprised if they play but Foos don't.

No Dan was told to disregard a different piece of info.

Hunty got info (including that AM will headline), that matched up with Dan's second piece of info (the two main stages and the lit of acts). Dan's info didn't include Arctic Monkeys but if one of them has correct info I assume the other person's info will end up being correct too.