Lineup 2018

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

No Dan was told to disregard a different piece of info.

Hunty got info (including that AM will headline), that matched up with Dan's second piece of info (the two main stages and the lit of acts). Dan's info didn't include Arctic Monkeys but if one of them has correct info I assume the other person's info will end up being correct too.

On 14/01/2018 at 3:54 PM, Dan Wilcox said:

Could just mean the NME stage will no longer be in a tent? Not sure. 

Source also previously mentioned headliner were Kendrick and Green Day with AM the most likely third, but I've since been told to ignore that info.

I'm not trying to disregard anyone who's heard any AM info from what they believe to be a reliable source, it's just that they're obviously the name being thrown about the most and considering how often info gets misinterpreted I think it's very likely that some of these sources may have just heard/mentioned/predicted them and that gets passed on as them being booked.

There's been no real solid info that they might be playing R&L yet, only info that they won't be. And it's not like there's not solid rumours for them elsewhere (TRNSMT + a handful of other European festivals), but they're all earlier in Summer. There just seems to be very little that would suggest they're gonna be at R&L this year.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

12 hours ago, huntyyy said:

Heard Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal blood are playing - put 2 and 2 together with Dan Wilcox' info. I've heard a lot of duff stuff the last couple of years so don't read too much into it.

16 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Hunty got info (including that AM will headline), that matched up with Dan's second piece of info (the two main stages and the lit of acts). Dan's info didn't include Arctic Monkeys but if one of them has correct info I assume the other person's info will end up being correct too.

I heard that Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal Blood were all playing. I thought it sounded like a weak set of headliners and wasn't convinced, but considering Dan had mentioned two stages & Fall Out Boy I thought it sounded realistic.

No reason you can't have Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Royal Blood, Paramore, Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar all playing. You've got 2 (very) Strong Headliners and 4 (very) Strong Subs / Weak Headliners there. 

Edit: I believe that the Foo Fighters are not playing this year.

Edited by huntyyy
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

I heard that Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy and Royal Blood were all playing. I thought it sounded like a weak set of headliners and wasn't convinced, but considering Dan had mentioned two stages & Fall Out Boy I thought it sounded realistic.

No reason you can't have Arctic Monkeys, Fall Out Boy, Royal Blood, Paramore, Foo Fighters and Kendrick Lamar all playing. You've got 2 (very) Strong Headliners and 4 (very) Strong Subs / Weak Headliners there. 

But then, as has been mentioned, that's not really aligning to Dan's info anymore because he also heard Imagine Dragons were booked too. It just seems like both bits of info don't match.

Edit - although I guess you could swap out Paramore for them tbf

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

But then, as has been mentioned, that's not really aligning to Dan's info anymore because he also heard Imagine Dragons were booked too. It just seems like both bits of info don't match.

He's added Foos and Paramore in there though, not due to any info. He believes Foos aren't there so instantly you'd take them out for Imagine Dragons. If BMTH accept the offer that they've apparently been given, you put them in for Paramore. The pieces of info match up.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

He's added Foos and Paramore in there though, not due to any info. He believes Foos aren't there so instantly you'd take them out for Imagine Dragons. If BMTH accept the offer that they've apparently been given, you put them in for Paramore. The pieces of info match up.

yeah sorry I edited my post

Aye I see what you're both saying now, and I guess it could add up, Foos, AM, Imagine Dragons, FoB, Kendrick and Royal Blood being the top 6. It's still missing the BMTH info tho (which I guess you could swap Foos for but as I say, struggling to see them not being booked).

Idk it is a possibility but I still don't see it. It would surely mean the undercard is really shit too because they'll have spent so much on the headliners, but it'd probably sell so well having Foos, AM, Kendrick + the others that it wouldn't really matter.

Also as Dental said, would be such a sausage fest considering it seems that Florence & Paramore are potentially around at that time too.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Aye I see what you're both saying now, and I guess it could add up, Foos, AM, Imagine Dragons, FoB, Kendrick and Royal Blood being the top 6. It's still missing the BMTH info tho (which I guess you could swap Foos for but as I say, struggling to see them not being booked).

Idk it is a possibility but I still don't see it. It would surely mean the undercard is really shit too because they'll have spent so much on the headliners, but it'd probably sell so well having Foos, AM, Kendrick + the others that it wouldn't really matter.

Also as Dental said, would be such a sausage fest considering it seems that Florence & Paramore are potentially around at that time too.

Are Florence and the Machine coming out with new music this year or something? How come they're being speculated?

12 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

Hope you’re right mate! AM, RB, Kendrick, Foos, FOB & Paramore would be an excellent lineup. 

However i think the chances of them being able to book Foos, Kendrick & AM is very low. 

I can't understand why they'd make such a drastic change to the format, a year there's no Glasto. Surely it would be safer to stick to what everyone knows, and attract some of Glasto's punters to RnL by securing a solid lineup to guarantee sales. We might end up in a situation where we've essentially got 6 'coheadliners' topping the bill, and will that look appealing? I think the change would confuse people more than excite them. (Also, fuck Imagine Dragons, I've endured them so many times, and theyre getting gradually worse; why does the lead singer remove his shirt all of a sudden like he's a real 'rockstar'? That annoyed me at Leeds in 2016)

The only time I've experienced anything like 2 main stages was T in 2015, and they got that incredibly wrong (they'd just moved to a new sight) so I'm a little apprehensive.

I understand it might happen but we'll just have to wait and see what materialises over the next 2 weeks, not taking anything for certain this year :lol:

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

But the info includes 'no Foos' so if you're gonna disregard that you may as well disregard the lot :P Lots of us gave "wouldn't book Foos and AM in one year" as a reason against AM so it can probably be used against Foos. Maybe Foos are gonna be available to book at the tail end of their tour next year (a la Muse) but AM aren't gonna be available (Glasto).

Just now, matty13 said:

Didn’t the information suggest that Panic! were booked too? Surely that leaves us with 1 major act too many.

They're probably not quite as big as the others though. They'd essentially be 'subs', or third down, not even sure how it'd work/what to call it anymore.

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

But the info includes 'no Foos' so if you're gonna disregard that you may as well disregard the lot :P Lots of us gave "wouldn't book Foos and AM in one year" as a reason against AM so it can probably be used against Foos. Maybe Foos are gonna be available to book at the tail end of their tour next year (a la Muse) but AM aren't gonna be available (Glasto).

I guess, but this is why I'm sceptical because like I keep saying I can't not see Foos there. There's a hole in their schedule at the end of summer, they didn't add any extra UK dates when it sold out so quickly, not played R&L in 6 years vs Arctics 4 (I know that point is a bit weak but still).

If they're not at R&L I can't see what other UK fests they might do. Are they still an option for TRNSMT?

6 minutes ago, j.gibbard said:

Are Florence and the Machine coming out with new music this year or something? How come they're being speculated?

I'm sure they were announced, or at least heavily rumoured for some festival in Europe but I can't remember what. Just checked their website but there's not tour dates so I might be remembering something wrong. I'm sure they will be around this summer though.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I guess, but this is why I'm sceptical because like I keep saying I can't not see Foos there. There's a hole in their schedule at the end of summer, they didn't add any extra UK dates when it sold out so quickly, not played R&L in 6 years vs Arctics 4 (I know that point is a bit weak but still).

If they're not at R&L I can't see what other UK fests they might do. Are they still an option for TRNSMT?

I think so but they may just not do any this year.

I still feel like it's more likely to be what we've been expecting up to now; don't see any reason why they'd bother with this change when everything seems to be going well for them currently.

I'm just offering up reasons why it could be, I guess.

Just now, huntyyy said:

Foo Fighters? They're headlining 3 Stadium shows in June.

Which sold out incredibly quickly with no additional shows added, which suggests they're doing something else this summer too.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I think so but they may just not do any this year.

I still feel like it's more likely to be what we've been expecting up to now; don't see any reason why they'd bother with this change when everything seems to be going well for them currently.

I'm just offering up reasons why it could be, I guess.

Aye I just think it's very likely someone would've tried to book them this summer, and R&L seem like such obvious choices.

Yeah I'm also not trying to completely disregard the suggestion, just giving all the counter arguments for it. Like you say, it seems like such a big change and they're just booking a load of acts that played prominent slots 2 years ago anyway. I'd get it if it was adding more variety to the festival, but it doesn't seem like the rumours suggest that.

Also I can't see how they'd fit a second main stage in the field at the Leeds site, but I'm obvs no expert so it's possible.

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

I'm choosing, perhaps naively, to disregard the info stating they're is going to be 2 main stages, it makes no sense to me.

I've been doing that too, partly because if it is true it's near impossible to predict anything because it'll change everything. Smaller stages might be taken away, the amount of acts on each stage would be different etc. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough if it's true or not anyway.