Lineup 2018

5 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I guess they could start doing something similar to The Pit / Lock Up that somewhat differentiates between genres on the Dance stage

Always think the FR stage could do with something like that, it is such a mix of genres that you will often see a complete changeover of the audience between acts, it's not the sort of stage you would stick with for a run of acts unlike say the Pit.  Though maybe it suits them that way, then they can stick a range of acts on without worrying too much about scheduling.

3 hours ago, R Shah said:

I just realised bst Hyde park still have 1 headliner left TBA and they always leave the biggest headliner till last, and it's around the time when arctics are playing probably mad cool etc . Just wondering if they did trnsmt and BST would they wait till 2019 to do r+l and have those 2 as their comeback UK gigs, leaving foos to headline this year ?

Fleetwood Mac. 

3 hours ago, Jack w said:

I feel like BST could get Muse as a UK festival exclusive this year? maybe with a uk tour towards the end of the year or early next year.

Thing is arctics have mad cool /nos alive 13th right.....and bst headliner tba is 15th and looks like the announcement will happen next week 

Edited by R Shah

12 minutes ago, Jack w said:

Jesus fair enough, seems a bit excessive. Still I'd rather them than most the subs from recent years.

Yeah. They seem to have less "house bands" nowadays, though, so I wouldn't expect anything like that.

Aside from Bloc Party (who also headlined NME 2 years prior to the run of slots we already mentioned), they also had Frank Turner play 10 years running, and Enter Shikari (between 2007-2012 they only missed one year) and Crystal Castles (played every year from 2007-2012) there almost every year for a while.

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Aside from Bloc Party (who also headlined NME 2 years prior to the run of slots we already mentioned), they also had Frank Turner play 10 years running, and Enter Shikari (between 2007-2012 they only missed one year) and Crystal Castles (played every year from 2007-2012) there almost every year for a while.

Shikari also played 2013 and 2014, although 2013 was a Shikari sound system set

8 minutes ago, Jack w said:

hmmmm good shout

Bst announcement will 8am next Monday or Tuesday , Or the Monday or Tuesday after , so keep posted .  I just think it would be perfect to end the summer comeback european festivals run at Hyde park . Obviously they could still do reading too, But I think 2019 more likely if Hyde park and trnsmt is announced.

MORE AM NEWS!!

the family members and friends of the band members of arctic monkeys are starting to post tweets like “cant wait!”, “coming soon!”, “#am6” and then posting pics of what looks like new merch!!

im own starting to feel like they are more likely to be announced now for r+l because they are now starting to announce their new tour and album just as we are expecting a reading and leed announcement!

make of it as u will! But tbh foos and monkeys is a long shot!!

also, I just ran into someone with a hunna tattoo.... 

1 hour ago, ye brudda said:

Will acts play two years in a row? Because there are some grime acts that i played last year that i would really like to see this year

Frank Turner played R&L ten times in a row, only breaking the streak in 2017.

Biffy Clyro were on the undercard of T in the Park some nine times in 15 years before they finally headlined in 2014 

35 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Yeah that's the other big shout . But the last bst announcement is always January so next week probably - and arctics will be playing mad cool/nos alive on the 13th july and the bst headline slot would be 15th july

It isn’t always in January. Sometimes much later than that. Besides, Arctic Monkeys have sold out huge outdoor London shows in minutes and could have a crack at Wembley now so it’d be unlikely they’d agree to do some other event like BST.

Just now, dentalplan said:

It isn’t always in January. Sometimes much later than that. Besides, Arctic Monkeys have sold out huge outdoor London shows in minutes and could have a crack at Wembley now so it’d be unlikely they’d agree to do some other event like BST.

I really hope they don’t do BST!! Worst festival I’ve ever been too! I went to see the killers and I was the youngest person in the audience by about 40 years!!! Everyone was an old white middle class lady, just tap dancing to me bright side!!! And it was also soooo quiet couldn’t hear a thing, and a bit of a scam ngl, ya had to pay extra to get to the front half of the audience!!! Poop!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

BST always leave biggest headliner to last , and name me a band bigger than the cure that have a more realistic chance than am of playing bst. Also bst competition to win tickets to the 5 currently announced shows ends this Friday meaning the headliner will be announced monday or Tuesday - bst headliners are always announced 8am Monday or Tuesday . This is a huge outdoor show- would make much more sense than Wembley if they're doing a run of festivals . I think they'll do these festivals, tour us September - December, tour rest of world early 2019 then stadium dates summer 2019.

1 minute ago, Alfie Clayton said:

I really hope they don’t do BST!! Worst festival I’ve ever been too! I went to see the killers and I was the youngest person in the audience by about 40 years!!! Everyone was an old white middle class lady, just tap dancing to me bright side!!! And it was also soooo quiet couldn’t hear a thing, and a bit of a scam ngl, ya had to pay extra to get to the front half of the audience!!! Poop!

Nah for the bigger gigs they take away the extra money for standing tickets that are closer. They did for the cure and would do so again for arctics .

Edited by R Shah